Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by lilacpotato)
    Aww lucky! I do OCR
    Good luck with the rest of your exams!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw that's a shame I do OCR for science and they're horrible!
    Thank you though, and good luck to you too!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    24/05/2016 - Night update
    7 DOWN, 16 TO GO...
    Today was the Geography exam and to put it short I should have revised more, there's no avoiding that fact. It didn't go nearly as well as I'd hoped.

But it's over and I can't change it so I'm going to have to work my butt off during half term to make sure I nail the human paper instead! Should be OK as my coursework is an A* (just) so I should still get it

These next 2 days should be a refreshing little break from the hecticness (not even a word) of these last 2 weeks - got Physics P1 P2 P3 tomorrow and then Maths on Thursday all being well I should smash them both

Current totals:
    : 4
    : 2
    : 1
    : 0
    :mad:: 0

First one less than happy which is disappointing but I can't dwell on it as there's nothing I can do to change it. At least the majority of them have gone very well so far.

Let's see what physics brings tomorrow!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    25/05/2016 - Evening update
    8 DOWN, 15 TO GO...
    Physics went brilliantly today luckily everything I hadn't revised didn't come up and everything that I had revised did! I seem to be quite good at subconsciously predicting haha

Tomorrow is maths so there is literally no issue. I haven't even revised. I might do a tiny bit of something in the morning but not much, maybe just 3D shape problems and graph transformations. Maybe a bit of vectors if I have time.

School are doing this weird "maths breakfast" tomorrow morning too, where we go to our maths classrooms and get given food (hence why I'm going ) and they'll do last minute cramming with us. Sounds pretty good tbh so I'm gonna go.

Current totals:
    : 5

Still looking good, hopefully I've actually done as well as I've felt the exams have gone!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    26/05/2016 - Afternoon update
    9 DOWN, 14 TO GO...
    (Let's just pretend I didn't forget to update ok)

Today is my sister's 14th birthday!! :birthday:

We also had the maths exam which went very well. I've looked at the unofficial mark scheme and I got around 90 marks so I'm happy! (Despite making some VERY silly mistakes - or as my maths teacher would call them "human errors")

Tomorrow is back to English Lit, poetry this time dreading this - definitely my most scary exam!

Current totals:
    : 6
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    27/05/2016 - Evening update
    10 DOWN, 13 TO GO...
    Today was the day of the poetry exam - although it didn't quite go as badly as I thought!

The unseen question was absolutely lovely - Snake Woman by Margaret Atwood. The question was also fairly simple and so I was able to produce a pretty good response! Very surprising as I thought that unseen would bring my grade down massively, instead I think it may have pulled it up!!

The comparison though...oh dear. I thought that it was going to be one of the 3 poems that they had never used before, considering it's the last year, but nooo. They had to go and throw OUR SHARPEVILLE at us - I can not stand that poem!!!
    In the end I compared it to The Drum which definitely wasn't the best choice (should have probably done August 6th, 1945 instead but I wasn't thinking straight ) but I managed to make 3 full comparisons (so 6 paragraphs in total). I hope what I actually wrote was pretty good so that I can still get a good grade for Lit overall!

And now, HALF TERM IS HERE!!! 🎉🎉🎉
    So ready to just relax and catch up on sleep - having the whole weekend off to chill

Today I've just been doing a bit of Memrise to learn some of the German vocab off the list (ended up doing about 200 words which is quite impressive!)

Until Monday!

Current totals:
    : 6
    : 3
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    30/05/2016 - Evening update

Today I was meant to get back to proper revision, however I accidentally got sidetracked by the Great British Bake Off...for 4 hours (it is bake off though so 1000% worth it )

I have done a little bit though and it's still early so I'll do more:
    -40 German vocab mastered on Memrise
    -B4.1 spec notes made

I'll finish B4 tonight and then move on to probably geography as I REALLY need to get the human content nailed to a T if I still want that A* after Tuesday's performance...

Just a baby update tonight as I haven't done much revision and I didn't sit an exam so there's not much to say really - until tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)

Today I was meant to get back to proper revision, however I accidentally got sidetracked by the Great British Bake Off...for 4 hours (it is bake off though so 1000% worth it )

-B4.1 spec notes made

I'll finish B4 tonight and then move on to probably geography as I REALLY need to get the human content nailed to a T if I still want that A* after Tuesday's performance...

Just a baby update tonight as I haven't done much revision and I didn't sit an exam so there's not much to say really - until tomorrow!
    Haha - 4 hours of Bake Off sounds good to me!
    Well done on the revision so far

(P.S Your profile pic is super pretty!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

-B4.1 spec notes made

At least you've done something
    Oh i remember when i used to watch Bake off
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by lilacpotato)
    Haha - 4 hours of Bake Off sounds good to me!
    Well done on the revision so far

(P.S Your profile pic is super pretty!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was so good I love it
    Thank you

Aww you're so sweet!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    At least you've done something
    Oh i remember when i used to watch Bake off
    Yep - your mentality is honestly what gets me through!
    And USED TO?? Why would you ever stop?

ReputationRep:
    Yep - your mentality is honestly what gets me through!
    And USED TO?? Why would you ever stop?
    Haha that's so sweet
    Well i used to watch it before when the muslim girl won but now i just don't have time anymore
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Haha that's so sweet
    Well i used to watch it before when the muslim girl won but now i just don't have time anymore
    No problem
    And at least you're up to date I can't wait for the new series in August/September
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    1/06/2016 - Evening update

It's June Summer is here!!!

Delayed start again today due to the dentist and the gym, and an unexpected headache which held me back massively

I've again only managed to do a teensy little bit of revision, but at least I've done some I guess:
    -71 German vocab mastered on Memrise
    -half of C6 notes made

Tomorrow I'm really going to crack on I think, I want to get notes made on all the unit 7s this weekend as well as geography. There's a possibility I'm going to a party tomorrow night though but it won't be until late so I've got plenty of time to get stuff done all being well

ReputationRep:
    What A-levels are you planning to take?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by richpanda)
    What A-levels are you planning to take?
    Hey, I'm taking Maths, Further Maths and Physics next year

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm taking Maths, Further Maths and Physics next year
    Only the 3?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by richpanda)
    Only the 3?
    Yeah, because of the changes to A Levels my school are only letting most people do 3. Some are allowed to do 4 (I'm one of them) but because one of my choices fell through and there's nothing else I would rather do I just decided to stick with the 3.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    2/06/2016 - Afternoon update

Really really early update today as I have to get ready and won't get back until really late tonight.

I've been a little more focused today but still not great:
    -60 German vocab mastered on Memrise
    -C5 notes finished (completely forgot I hadn't finished them)
    -8 C6 cards written

ReputationRep:
    hello didn't realise that you had your own revision thread! well done for all the revision that you have managed to do and i hope that you have fun tonight

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    hello didn't realise that you had your own revision thread! well done for all the revision that you have managed to do and i hope that you have fun tonight

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello! Yeah haha I've had it since February! (Strange to think TSR has been a part of my life for this long )
    Thank you

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.