Pokemon sun and moon announced! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    M8 absorption is gonna be a fun fight:

Spoiler:
    Show

Also wtf is with xurkitree's design.

edit: kk nvm kartana is even worse.

Don't worry, the broken EXP share is back again this gen so your whole team will be massively overlevelled by the time you get to the fight. Some of the ultrabeasts have pretty good stats, but most other things are mediocre at best. Even Kommo-o only has 85 base speed, which effectively dooms it to UU or below.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    Don't worry, the broken EXP share is back again this gen so your whole team will be massively overlevelled by the time you get to the fight. Some of the ultrabeasts have pretty good stats, but most other things are mediocre at best. Even Kommo-o only has 85 base speed, which effectively dooms it to UU or below.
    Vika volt is bloody slower aggron, sorry but what even. Also fml not the exp share again.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    GG just had a major plot point spoiled after watching a video.

ReputationRep:
    Vika volt is bloody slower aggron, sorry but what even. Also fml not the exp share again.
    Yeah I was so annoyed when I saw that, I thought it was going to be really fast. 45 base speed, was it? I'm sorry, but that's just fckin dogsh!t. What on earth were Game Freak thinking?

ReputationRep:
    GG just had a major plot point spoiled after watching a video.
    Might as well find out too lol, can you link it me in a spoiler tag?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Might as well find out too lol, can you link it me in a spoiler tag?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Also love this:

Spoiler:
    Show

Also the anchor is apparently: grass/ghost... wtf.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, I saw those earlier actually. Pretty interesting stuff.
    Spoiler:
    Show

So it turns out that the Aether Foundation 'made' the ultrabeasts, rather than them actually being ultrabeasts themselves. I read somewhere that Team Skull helped them to do this, but I cannot confirm its authenticity. So they're basically knock-off Mewtwos with sh!t designs *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Also love this:

Spoiler:
    Show

Also the anchor is apparently: grass/ghost... wtf.

Yeah lol I noticed that when I watched the leak video, depending on how much the boost is that's going to be insanely powerful.

And that wasn't a type I was expecting at all, I thought it would most likely be Ghost/Water or Water/Steel. Once again, it's insanely slow.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and Knock Off has been reduced to 45 base power apparently, thank goodness. It was so broken in gen6.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Oh right, I saw those earlier actually. Pretty interesting stuff.
    Spoiler:
    Show

So it turns out that the Aether Foundation 'made' the ultrabeasts, rather than them actually being ultrabeasts themselves. I read somewhere that Team Skull helped them to do this, but I cannot confirm its authenticity. So they're basically knock-off Mewtwos with sh!t designs *sigh*

Spoiler:
    Show

Some of the ultra beasts look artificial: *cough* paper swords and wires. I think that there is something to do with them being the same creatures as they are possibly from some other dimension as its mentioned that you can open a wormhole. There's a theory that the prism one is gladion since it has a similar twitch as him. Some do resemble some of the human characters.

Yeah lol I noticed that when I watched the leak video, depending on how much the boost is that's going to be insanely powerful.

And that wasn't a type I was expecting at all, I thought it would most likely be Ghost/Water or Water/Steel. Once again, it's insanely slow.
    I thought it was electric since it looked like a magnet. I don't mind it being slow, make a team of mega metagross and 5x alolan golem holding focus belts (or whatever that KO item is called) and give all explosion. It'll be 1.3x boost since similar current abilities boost by the same amount.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Some of the ultra beasts look artificial: *cough* paper swords and wires. I think that there is something to do with them being the same creatures as they are possibly from some other dimension as its mentioned that you can open a wormhole. There's a theory that the prism one is gladion since it has a similar twitch as him. Some do resemble some of the human characters.

I thought it was electric since it looked like a magnet. I don't mind it being slow, make a team of mega metagross and 5x alolan golem holding focus belts (or whatever that KO item is called) and give all explosion. It'll be 1.3x boost since similar current abilities boost by the same amount.
    Yeah, but I think that the leaks disprove the theory that the members of the Aether Foundation are ultrabeasts. They may well be beings from a higher dimension, that perhaps possess the first thing they see (wires, swords etc.); but I think the leaks have ruled out the people actually being the ultrabeasts.

Oh yeah I thought Golem would be electric too, I was referring to the anchor thing with my type predictions. Sorry for the misunderstanding! But wow, explosion is going to hurt..

Spoiler:
    Show

I've just read on another site, apparently the 'secret' that the starters share is them each having their own unique Z-moves. A bit lacklustre imo. I was expecting it to have something to do with Silvally, but sadly not. Talking of which, base 95 across the board is also disappointing. I mean, it's pretty solid overall but it's not particularly good at anything. 95 attack isn't that strong, 95 HP is fairly good, 95 defence is also decent, 95 speed decent but slower than I'd like. It just seems very... mediocre. Great movepool though, as one might expect with it being an Arceus clone.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah, but I think that the leaks disprove the theory that the members of the Aether Foundation are ultrabeasts. They may well be beings from a higher dimension, that perhaps possess the first thing they see (wires, swords etc.); but I think the leaks have ruled out the people actually being the ultrabeasts.

Oh yeah I thought Golem would be electric too, I was referring to the anchor thing with my type predictions. Sorry for the misunderstanding! But wow, explosion is going to hurt..

Spoiler:
    Show

I've just read on another site, apparently the 'secret' that the starters share is them each having their own unique Z-moves. A bit lacklustre imo. I was expecting it to have something to do with Silvally, but sadly not. Talking of which, base 95 across the board is also disappointing. I mean, it's pretty solid overall but it's not particularly good at anything. 95 attack isn't that strong, 95 HP is fairly good, 95 defence is also decent, 95 speed decent but slower than I'd like. It just seems very... mediocre. Great movepool though, as one might expect with it being an Arceus clone.

It was shown in a trailer a while back that they had Z moves. Yeah the stats are pretty meh though its right in the middle of glalie and some of the sub legendaries.

ReputationRep:
    It was shown in a trailer a while back that they had Z moves. Yeah the stats are pretty meh though its right in the middle of glalie and some of the sub legendaries.
    Yeah but that's completely it. I thought perhaps they'd offer a bit more, perhaps something plot-releveant. I don't know what to think of this generation so far, I think most pokemon will be confined to the lower tiers. I'm not even sure how playable the main game will be with everything so slow. At least if everyone is slow, no one is technically (provided we only encounter new pokemon).

Also, Red/Blue battle music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNZ7gllxeZs
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah but that's completely it. I thought perhaps they'd offer a bit more, perhaps something plot-releveant. I don't know what to think of this generation so far, I think most pokemon will be confined to the lower tiers. I'm not even sure how playable the main game will be with everything so slow. At least if everyone is slow, no one is technically (provided we only encounter new pokemon).

Spoiler:
    Show

lusamine fuses with UB-01 for that form in her battle.

Load of leaks here: https://gamingreinvented.com/news/po...ion-available/

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Spoiler:
    Show

Apparently necrozma isn't actually a ultra beast for a few reasons:
    Ingame the international police say it isn't a UB
    It has higher stats and a different ability to the others
    It learns moonlight and morning sun which may be a possible relation to the legendaries, there's a theory that it is meant to be like a black hole pokemon (since its pokedex says that it absorbs light and then the words in its name). Also its name is necro- (dead) and ozma (name of a project to find extraterrestrial life).

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Apparently necrozma isn't actually a ultra beast for a few reasons:
    Ingame the international police say it isn't a UB
    It has higher stats and a different ability to the others
    It learns moonlight and morning sun which may be a possible relation to the legendaries, there's a theory that it is meant to be like a black hole pokemon (since its pokedex says that it absorbs light and then the words in its name). Also its name is necro- (dead) and ozma (name of a project to find extraterrestrial life).

I was just reading about that earlier, actually. Pretty interesting stuff, and may provide us with a stronger-looking legendary (?) than Marshadow turned out to be (well, at least via appearance).
    Spoiler:
    Show

Marshadow is perhaps instead meant to be partnered with Magearna? There is a Youtuber called Lockstin who has made a gigantic theory about the games spanning several videos, and he thinks that the reason we haven't had any obvious third legendary in this game (because let's face it, Marshadow doesn't look like it belongs with Solgaleo and Lunala) is because they are instead part of a larger group of 5 Pokemon, with Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde being the other three. It's a really interesting theory so check it out if you have the time; it's in his most recent theory video.

ReputationRep:
    Who else is loving that Leech Life has been buffed to 80 base power!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markovchain17)
    Who else is loving that Leech Life has been buffed to 80 base power!
    I think it's good because the move was pretty useless before now. They've nerfed loads of things though, namely Gengar, the ability Unaware, and apparently the eviolite (but I heard another source say that this was a false rumour so I'm not 100% on this).

ReputationRep:
    What's up guys. Another pokefan here :P
    I haven't really spoiled the game much for myself, it's really only the stuuuuupid youtube "recommended videos" thing that screws me over. Now I know who the Champion is

And the Red/Blue battle music is amazing.... I can't stop listening to it

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.