Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Western Values: Rescuing DOG "refugees" in Turkey but not humans watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Perhaps you could name some of them for us
    There so many kids like you on here who look down on other countries because they're not part of the west and inferior and white. Drop the BS attitude. We are all equal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    There so many kids like you on here who look down on other countries because they're not part of the west
    Says the half German Half Italian

But I'll not be lectured on morally by the likes of you.

ReputationRep:
    So? Surely if Arabian culture is so oppressive
    Then why did you grandmother pack her bags and go looking for a new life in the west then if it was all so great?

ReputationRep:
    We are all equal
    "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" :cool:
    George Orwell, Animal Farm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cato the Elder)
    you instead let family, friends .. decide your views
    This isn't so, she operates quite independently

nor have I ever said I hate the west
    Problem is, as I have explained before: a lot of your rhetoric is anti-Western, you’ve said a number of times that you primary allegiance is not to us, and you are fervently pro-Arab and come across as an apologist for Islam a lot of the time. You told me not so long ago that you would mend your ways in this respect, but appear to have reversed this decision. I cannot and will not defend this behaviour, sorry, I love you but am no traitor

I said we should accept women and children
    Thus endangering our society/families

My family have never dictated my behaviour or way of thinking
    Your family are simply not representative (affluent, educated, mixed-heritage, Westernised, not strictly Arabic), as you know full well

(Original post by childofthesun)
    They still count as public places :yy:
    Private property may be accessible to the public at certain times, at the discretion of the owners, but by public place I’m talking about places where the public may always expect (e.g. by law) to freely roam. Plainly, women are generally freer to bear flesh on private/exclusive property

See how pretty our girls are
    Never in doubt

We are all equal
    We should all be treated equally,* but none of us are equal in strengths and merits. Such is the rich tapestry of human diversity

ReputationRep:
    Says the half German Half Italian

But I'll not be lectured on morally by the likes of you.
    Hahahahah I'm not half German. I'm half English half Italian remember my mother was the German

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by admonit)
    "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" :cool:
    George Orwell, Animal Farm
    Lol the Israel government thinks along those lines when it comes to killing innocent Arabs

ReputationRep:
    Then why did you grandmother pack her bags and go looking for a new life in the west then if it was all so great?
    There was no war in Syria,it was peaceful and such a popular tourist destination. So many westerners used to live in Syria because they were so in love with the countries beauty and culture/history. My grandmother wanted a change of scenery I guess. She had married an engineer,we are from a wealthy and middle class background so money was never an issue to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahah I'm not half German. I'm half English half Italian remember my mother was the German
    If your mother was German and your farther Italian that makes you half of each and as I said I'll not be lectured by either when it comes to morality

ReputationRep:
    My grandmother wanted a change of scenery I guess.
    So in other words you don't know why they abandoned their culture.

Ever thought of asking them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    This isn't so, she operates quite independently

Problem is, as I have explained before: a lot of your rhetoric is anti-Western, you’ve said a number of times that you primary allegiance is not to us, and you are fervently pro-Arab and come across as an apologist for Islam a lot of the time. You told me not so long ago that you would mend your ways in this respect, but appear to have reversed this decision. I cannot and will not defend this behaviour, sorry, I love you but am no traitor

Thus endangering our society/families

Your family are simply not representative (affluent, educated, mixed-heritage, Westernised, not strictly Arabic), as you know full well

Private property may be accessible to the public at certain times, at the discretion of the owners, but by public place I’m talking about places where the public may always expect (e.g. by law) to freely roam. Plainly, women are generally freer to bear flesh on private/exclusive property

Never in doubt

We should all be treated equally,* but none of us are equal in strengths and merits. Such is the rich tapestry of human diversity
    This little punk actually thinks he knows me,his ass needs Jesus. He tried to come at me with his little white superiority complex,he's lucky I let him off.

Hold up. I have never said I was anti western. I said my allegiance was to Italy and my middle eastern heritage then British because these are the countries of my parents and forefathers,I have never said I wanted to live in Syria or that I hate the west. My father was white European,so I don't know what drugs this little kids has been taking and I don't see myself as an Arab anyway,I'm Levantine baby. I've spent some of my childhood living in Germany for a whole year when I was in year 9(aged 14) and most of my time spent between Italy and Switzerland to spend time with my daddy and his family. I'm as westernised as you can get and ofcourse,saying back and forth to New York to spend time with mama. I love love being a mixed heritage kid. If you love me,you will accept me for whatever I choose to identify as. Ofcourse for you,being together in a relationship,my views would change as I said they would because I will be part of your family and always surrounded by your family. Anyway for you,i would choose to identify as British first and actually as I've said before,the security of this country matters more to me because I live here so this'll have a huge impact on me too. But women and children are innocent and are unlikely to go around committing all sorts of crime. There should be strict border checks but how are they endangering our society?

I know my family are no representative because we are westernised and my father was a white European. But it hurts me knowing people I share a common background and culture with are suffering. I spent a lot of my teenage years vacationing in Syria and Lebanon. It's like my third home. Such a beautiful country and yes I know we aren't really Arabs . Inshallah ya rab all will be fine and there will be peace

Damn straight you shouldn't never be in doubt. A lot of guys probably don't or won't ever get the opportunity of mating with us princesses of Arabia. I was thinking of becoming part of a pageant,miss Syria? Or miss London? or miss syritaliano

So western nations or white westerners are superior to Arabs and other people?

ReputationRep:
    If your mother was German and your farther Italian that makes you half of each and as I said I'll not be lectured by either when it comes to morality
    I'm a mixed culture kid. But I mostly see my self as a Levantine and Italian beauty queen

ReputationRep:
    I don't see myself as an Arab anyway
    Make up your mind

filip flop goes the queeny

ReputationRep:
    So in other words you don't know why they abandoned their culture.

Ever thought of asking them?
    Her culture stayed with her. She didn't abandon Syria. She chose to migrate out of choice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a mixed culture kid. But I mostly see my self as a Levantine and Italian beauty queen
    hence the confusion and hatred of the west

I can understated the bitterness now in your posts but your grand parents wanted something better so they abandoned their culture (something I'll never understand as I''d not give my culture up so easily and thankfully my grandparents didn't either)to live in a culture they contributed nothing to.

But I can now see why you have no culture and seem angry at those of us who do,

ReputationRep:
    Make up your mind

filip flop goes the queeny
    My DNA is different from that of a gulf Arab. I don't see Syrians and Lebanese and Jordanians as being Arabs. Our lands were invaded by the Arabs and we speak the language but we are Levantine. We are more European than Arab

ReputationRep:
    Her culture stayed with her. She didn't abandon Syria. She chose to migrate out of choice.
    Their culture was left behind when they left it for a western country. The fact she didn't pick a county with a similar culture should tell you all you need to know about how much they valued it.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what secular liberalism humanism is

ReputationRep:
    My DNA is different from that of a gulf Arab. I don't see Syrians and Lebanese and Jordanians as being Arabs. Our lands were invaded by the Arabs and we speak the language but we are Levantine. We are more European than Arab
    flipity flop

But it's only a Monday

ReputationRep:
    hence the confusion and hatred of the west

I can understated the bitterness now in your posts but your grand parents wanted something better so they abandoned their culture (something I'll never understand as I''d not give my culture up so easily and thankfully my grandparents didn't either)to live in a culture they contributed nothing to.

But I can now see why you have no culture and seem angry at those of us who do,
    How have they abandoned their culture? It's so shocking that amount of little racists on here that hates any person of colour working or living in the west. If you had it your way there would never be anyone but white people inhabiting right?

Nah bish,I love my combination of cultures. Variety is the spice of life,that's why you're so damn bitter. My family contributed to the healthcare system,my family are all academics and doctors and engineers that's what you call success and we made it all on our own

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.