Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The most disappointing game you've ever brought watch

ReputationRep:
    Total war Rome 2 or Arma 2. Found total war too hard and I didn't find Arma fun.

(Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Command was rubbish, Starfox Zero looks good though, it's a remake of 64 with some cool new stuff in. I don't have a Wii U sadly so I can't play it
    Ditto re WiiU!! I loved sharing gaming with N64! 'Come in "star command"!'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    DayZ and Rocket League

ReputationRep:
    There was a game on PS2 called Sky Surfers that I bought from a bargain bin once. Bloody hell it was so **** - I played it once and never touched it again until I traded all my PS2 games in for store credit towards PS3 games.

ReputationRep:
    The X-Factor game for PS3, the game was **** but the microphone it came with is actually pretty sick and I use it now, strapped onto a makeshift mount so it doesn't move around and bang.

ReputationRep:
    Broken Sword 5 for the PS4, I played the original Broken Sword and it took me 5 days of constant playing to finish it. I completed Broken Sword 5 in less than 7 hours and it has no replay value whatsoever. The story was bland too.

ReputationRep:
    Sakura Angels..... Yeah I'm that sad

ReputationRep:
    Aliens Colonial Marines. Weapons felt like cardboard, many glitches, as well as a rubbish story and characters. And also a boss level which literally required you to press one button to win.

ReputationRep:
    Super dragon ball z (Ps2) when I was young and bought games just because i liked the cover art. Hated the arcade style of the game though.

ReputationRep:
    The Stomping Land

It was really promising but the dev stopped working on it as soon as he released it and ran off with the money.

Cost £28. Really pissed me off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    So what's the most disappointing game you've brought, be it on a whim, or a serious purchase?

For me it'd be Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Couldn't agree more. Gameplay was just awful.

ReputationRep:
    Star Wars Battlefront by far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AxSirlotl)
    Total war Rome 2 or Arma 2. Found total war too hard and I didn't find Arma fun.
    Arma 2? Were you playing with a group/clan?

You either like milsims or you don't tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanB1991)
    Arma 2? Were you playing with a group/clan?

You either like milsims or you don't tbh.
    I played the tutorial and I dont think I liked it. I'll probably play soon but I just stopped playing after that.

ReputationRep:
    The Order:1886.

Way too short. I think the whole gameplay only takes about 6 hours to complete.

ReputationRep:
    Recently, probably Total war: Attila. Of all time, Empire : Total war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PistolJolker)
    DayZ and Rocket League
    I just don't get Rocket League at all. I've put a lot of time into it to try and understand what I just don't 'get' about the game.

It all seems very random and very much 'meh' in all honesty.

ReputationRep:
    Just Cause 2 probably, just didn't get it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    I just don't get Rocket League at all. I've put a lot of time into it to try and understand what I just don't 'get' about the game.

It all seems very random and very much 'meh' in all honesty.
    What do you mean when you say random? Controlling cars to knock a ball into a goal isn't really that outrageous imo.
    I used to find it 'meh' but when you get to a decent skill level and find good players to team up with, it becomes great fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOpinion)
    Mario Kart 8
    Umm while it may not be the best mario kart, still got 50 solid hours out of it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.