5.62%
    15.73%
    6.74%
    4.49%
    1.12%
    5.62%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamDavies1998)
    Type both into a calculator and you'll see they aren't.
    Yeah, not sure what I actually got in the exam but it was equivalent. Any ideas what I got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    Yeah, not sure what I actually got in the exam but it was equivalent. Any ideas what I got?
    Looks like you were doing a arc not a lamina?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abscissa)
    Looks like you were doing a arc not a lamina?
    Nah, I did that at first then realised it was a lamina. Got an equivalent result to 13/3pi...

I'll do the Q again, one mo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    Nah, I did that at first then realised it was a lamina. Got an equivalent result to 13/3pi...

Do you have the paper? I'd like to make some detailed solutions for my friends who sat the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamDavies1998)
    Do you have the paper? I'd like to make some detailed solutions for my friends who sat the exam.
    No, but I remember the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)

Yeah you are right, the total area was 4pi*a^2, so the denominator was 4, and the numeration was 17 and 1/3 *a^3

Which cancels to 13/3, so you had (17+1/3)/4 before reducing it. The same as myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeyTr)
    Yeah you are right, the total area was 4pi*a^2, so the denominator was 4, and the numeration was 17 and 1/3 * pi*a^3

Which cancels to 13/3, so you had (17+1/3)/4 before reducing it. The same as myself
    Must have been it, thanks

ReputationRep:
    after I had this exam

rip A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AstroNandos)
    after I had this exam

rip A*
    Why do you say that? What questions did you struggle on??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNicholas)
    Why do you say that? What questions did you struggle on??
    I just didn't have time really, missed all of the 9 marker at the end and my show thats were out by a factor of 1/2 or something. Didn't have time to go back and fix it all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AstroNandos)
    I just didn't have time really, missed all of the 9 marker at the end and my show thats were out by a factor of 1/2 or something. Didn't have time to go back and fix it all
    Oh yeah quite a lot of people at my school didn't even have time to attempt the 9 marker either! Don't worry about the A* though, you've still got other modules

ReputationRep:
    Some people in my class were ruined by this exam, there were people in tears and a few didn't even start question seven. Made me feel a lot better about my efforts.

ReputationRep:
    How many marks do you reckon I'll get in question 6 both parts as in part one I rearrange to get v1 in terms of v2 to substitute it in. But when squaring the v2 part to fit in I squared the top part, as it was all over 4, but didn't times the 4 to get it all over 16. This gave me different values for v1 and v2. How many marks will I get out of 8 for the first part and then for the second part as I used these wrong values to work out the coefficient?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GcseJ)
    How many marks do you reckon I'll get in question 6 both parts as in part one I rearrange to get v1 in terms of v2 to substitute it in. But when squaring the v2 part to fit in I squared the top part, as it was all over 4, but didn't times the 4 to get it all over 16. This gave me different values for v1 and v2. How many marks will I get out of 8 for the first part and then for the second part as I used these wrong values to work out the coefficient?
    I don't know about the first part but you'll get everything but the answer mark if you've done the right process for the coefficient of restitution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GcseJ)
    In part (ii) I imagine you'll get 1 mark for doing e = (something)/18

And in part (i) probably 4 or 5, you'd have got all method and accuracy marks up to that point assuming everything was right, possibly including the method mark for solving the quadratic. The other three marks lost would be each value and the directions. Going off Jan 2010 Q5 for comparison.

ReputationRep:
    Also what do you guys reckon the grade boundaries are for this paper? And how many marks would they give you if you came close to the show me questions but were out by a small amount/method marks for show me questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GcseJ)
    Also what do you guys reckon the grade boundaries are for this paper? And how many marks would they give you if you came close to the show me questions but were out by a small amount/method marks for show me questions?
    Grade boundaries are always hard to say, probably something like 58-60 for 90% then, 6-7 marks below that for every 10% UMS below.

For the question 4(i) "show that", June 2010 Q5(i) is an identical comparison if you want to look at that mark scheme, and for question 3(i), June 2012 Q7(i) is also a very close comparison. There no real similar past questions for 5(i) though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GcseJ)
    I reckon the grade boundaries will be similar to June 13. As for the show that questions, I think as long as you were on the right path, then you should get the majority of marks, but none of us are examiners so we can't tell you exactly how many marks you'd lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallo.C)
    I don't suppose anyone could show me a solution for the last part of question 7?
    If anyone still wants the solution to the last part of question 7 (sorry i cant remember what the values were to get the horizontal speed of 15.6)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a copy of the last question? Or just what the velocities/angles were? (The projectiles/collision one)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.