Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why do muslims get persecuted on this site? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Attempt)
    My brother, please don't waste your time with this troll.

He tried to counter your argument by linking Answering islam .org.

A CHRISTIAN run website written by David wood and Sam Shamoun. TWO of the biggest Christian debaters in America after James white.
    Lol you're the one who yesterday linked a Mirror article which said that half of British Muslims support ISIS and kept a straight face, and then you actually said you were right.

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    Lol you're the one who yesterday linked a Mirror article which said that half of British Muslims support ISIS and kept a straight face, and then you actually said you were right.

:facepalm:

At-least I didn't link a Christian website, when trying to defend Islam solely based on the title without even reading it haha.

Double Facepalm

:facepalm2::facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Attempt)
    At-least I didn't link a Christian website, when trying to defend Islam solely based on the title without even reading it haha.

Double Facepalm

:facepalm2::facepalm2:
    I read through your attempted analysis of the website and it doesn't relate to anything beyond my original point.

And what I did couldn't be worse than purporting a Mirror article as fact, especially when it says that 50% of UK Muslims support ISIS, triple facepalm for that

(Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I think it is a far greater evil to persecute someone for something out of their reach, because of how they are born than it is to criticise a personal choice to believe something.

The fact you don't even bother to look at that perspective and consider yourself the victim is the issue.
    PRSOM.

ReputationRep:
    I read through your attempted analysis of the website and it doesn't relate to anything beyond my original point.

And what I did couldn't be worse than purporting a Mirror article as fact, especially when it says that 50% of UK Muslims support ISIS, triple facepalm for that
    according to Sahih Muslim this was not the same Negus that had granted the Muslims asylum from the Qurayshites and whom Muhammad prayed for:
    Narrated Anas ibn Malik:
    The Prophet of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) wrote to Chosroes (King of Persia), Caesar (Emperor of Rome), Negus (King of Abyssinia) and every (other) despot inviting them to Allah, the Exalted. And this Negus was not the one for whom the Messenger of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) had said the funeral prayers." (Sahih Muslim, Book 18, Number 4382)

In fact, Mahmoud M. Ayoub claims that some Muslim commentators believed that S. 3:199 was specifically revealed about the Negus:
    "Like many early commentators, Wahidi refers to this verse to al-Najashi of Abyssinia. He reports on the authority of Jabir b. 'Abd Allah, Anas b. Malik, Ibn 'Abbas, and Qatadah that when al-Najashi died, Gabriel announced his death to the Prophet on the same day. The Prophet announced al-Najashi's death to his Companions, saying, 'Go and pray over a brother of yours who died in a land other than your land.' The Prophet thus went with them to al-Baqi', the cemetery of Madina, where he could miraculously see as far as Abyssinia. He looked at Najashi's bier and prayed over him. He begged God's forgiveness for him, and asked his companions to do likewise. But the hypocrites protested, saying, 'Look at this man praying over a Christian Abyssinian infidel whom he never saw, and who did not follow his religion.'

"Tabari reports on the authority of Qatadah that when the Prophet asked his companions to pray over al-Najashi, they protested, 'Shall we pray over a man who is not a Muslim!' When the verse was revealed they again countered, 'He did not pray facing the qiblah.' But God sent down, 'To God belongs the east and the west. Wherever you turn, there is the face of God' [Q. 2:115]." (Ayoub, The Qur'an and its Interpreters Volume II- The House of 'Imran [State University of New York Press, Albany 1992], p. 414)Hence, we find that a Christian king who believed in the deity and crucifixion of Christ is praised as a believer and fellow brother.(NOTE- For the documentation on the fraudulent nature of Muhammad's alleged encounters with political leaders, please read the following article on the hadiths regarding thestory of Heraclius.)

"Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians, Christians, Magians, and Polytheists (wallaziina ashrakuuu),- God will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for God is witness of all things." S. 22:17

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ReputationRep:
    in other words, "No I can't prove it"
    Man! What are you, 12? What is motivating you to be so blind? Are you so firmly brainwashed by the media that any notion that Islam *could* be bad makes you tremble? Or are you so afraid of being proven wrong, online, in front of everyone, that you resort to this "LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU" approach to avoid losing face?

Ignorant fool. And as for this

You repeated this 10 times already, and you use that to discard that person's argument entirely! That is straight ad-hominem. Attacking the person and not the argument. You are just incapable of arguing back because you are so wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertyMan)
    Man! What are you, 12? What is motivating you to be so blind? Are you so firmly brainwashed by the media that any notion that Islam *could* be bad makes you tremble? Or are you so afraid of being proven wrong, online, in front of everyone, that you resort to this "LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU" approach to avoid losing face?

You repeated this 10 times already, and you use that to discard that person's argument entirely! That is straight ad-hominem. Attacking the person and not the argument. You are just incapable of arguing back because you are so wrong!
    "bla bla bla ad hominem attacking the person incapable INCAPABLE"

I should have left you to pretend you were correct on this thread in the first place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertyMan)

DESTROYED!

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    Change is fundamental to society. Christianity has changed, why can't islam changed.

why are you still bashing their religion even tho they have accepted that change is necessary? Makes you worse tbh
    I don't know, maybe because there are countries atm in the world that run on Islamic law and simultaneously have some of the worst human rights record ever recorded?

(Original post by ZuluK)
    Mr Hydeman
    It's true, though. :dontknow:

(Original post by Hydeman)
    It's true, though. :dontknow:
    I repeat

Mr Hydeman

(Original post by ZuluK)
    I repeat

Mr Hydeman
    Well, I don't understand what you mean, then.

(Original post by Hydeman)
    Well, I don't understand what you mean, then.
    Well think about it

Spoiler:
    Show
    I can't remember when I said that or why so I'm going to stick to

(Original post by ZuluK)
    Well think about it
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I can't remember when I said that or why so I'm going to stick to
    Yeah, whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    I don't know, maybe because there are countries atm in the world that run on Islamic law and simultaneously have some of the worst human rights record ever recorded?
    Yes, they are slow to change. They operate in such a way that they don't conform to western expectations and many of the people are oppressed.

You on the other hand bash the conservative muslims on TSR, there's a difference. And bashing muslims in the western world has no use since they themselves have accepted change is necessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truemiscer)
    I've joined today but all i see is muslim bashing.

What have muslims done to you? Its very unfair and hurtful

Muslims are very nice people and have great morals.

#LOVEMUSLIMS :hippie:]
    Many people on this site don't. There are some who criticise Islam as well as all religions and there are some who mock it. The former is perfectly fine, even needed. The latter is immature but doesn't necessarily mean that those doing it hate Muslims as people.

On the other hand I have come across those who mask their obvious dislike or hatred for Muslims very poorly or not at all.

Not every Muslim is as you described; they have good and bad like any other group. I do know Muslims who are great people and love my Muslim family and friends to bits. That's why I feel obligated to stand up to hatred directed towards Muslims as people.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they are slow to change. They operate in such a way that they don't conform to western expectations and many of the people are oppressed.

You on the other hand bash the conservative muslims on TSR, there's a difference. And bashing muslims in the western world has no use since they themselves have accepted change is necessary.
    Islam is a set of beliefs sweetheart. Some people are going to like it, others are going to dislike it completely.

Sadly, you just have to live with it.

ReputationRep:
    Islam is a set of beliefs sweetheart. Some people are going to like it, others are going to dislike it completely.

Sadly, you just have to live with it.
    Have some respect then, religious hatred isn't acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    Have some respect then, religious hatred isn't acceptable.
    Islamophobia is perfectly acceptable and everyone should question religion. Discriminating someone just because they're Muslim is wrong and unacceptable.

I'm only criticising Islam not doing the latter. There's a difference sweetheart.

ReputationRep:
    Islamophobia is perfectly acceptable and everyone should question religion. Discriminating someone just because they're Muslim is wrong and unacceptable.

I'm only criticising Islam not doing the latter. There's a difference sweetheart.
    Islamophobia is prejudice, whilst you're not showing it, many would in future put that to action. Criticising is fine, i get it, i've criticised and questioned the Qu'ran before. But when it's so repeated especially here on TSR, it becomes unnecessary and counter productive. It helps no one and only means Muslims feel victimised and abused because they feel the need to justify their religion. Muslims aren't helping themselves, but we can all do things to make sure this doesnt happen. And ironically, when we in the western world are critical and in some cases displaying hatred against muslims, feelings of hate towards the west will only grow. I think as intelligent people, we need to think more on what we say and reflect on the possible consequences. I dont mean to attack, i just hope you understand.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.