The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] OCR MEI AS Mathematics 2016 (C1, C2 & S1)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mobrien2404
everyone's saying that there were 12 questions on the unofficial mark scheme linked above, when there were only 11...

The final question was the question requiring to use the discriminant which I believe was question 12. There was 2 questions on the last page. Either way this was definitely the last one
Original post by Olivia197
Will I lose all 4 of the marks for rearranging question 4 so that c was the subject- I can't believe I did it wrong!
Thank you :smile:

I did that as well and I really hope maybe we'll get a method mark or something but somehow I feel like we won't get anything :/ also can you remember how many marks the question was for finding the tangent to the circle?
Will I lose all 4 of the marks for rearranging question 4 so that c was the subject- I can't believe I did it wrong!
Thank you :smile:

You might still get method marks for correctly rearranging it.
Did the question booklet we wrote on have the last question part's answer box on the back? I fear I might have put the answer for the last question on the same section as the one before that...
Original post by erinls2
I did that as well and I really hope maybe we'll get a method mark or something but somehow I feel like we won't get anything :/ also can you remember how many marks the question was for finding the tangent to the circle?

Thank you- hopefully we will! I think it was 4 marks.
11: ii) I think?

would they accept the format 3/2+1/2root2 etc etc rather than (3+root2)/2?
Original post by Studious_Student
You might still get method marks for correctly rearranging it.

Thank you!
Thank you- hopefully we will! I think it was 4 marks.

Omg I'm stressing out now I thought it had gone really well and I'd get an A but now I'm thinking I've just missed it XD
Original post by DrKillerX
I think it its required to show M1 x M2 = -1. However, if thats the case you will lose only one mark. I will check the marking scheme

Checked. You do need to show M1 x M2 = -1 [1 mark]
Original post by erinls2
Omg I'm stressing out now I thought it had gone really well and I'd get an A but now I'm thinking I've just missed it XD

Oh no- try not to worry too much- you are probably just worrying and overthinking everything. I am sure you did fine!
For the question about finding the intersections points

you had to find 3 points right

and the increments of x and y both went up in 0.2 yes?

Does anyone remember some of their coodrinates? I remember getting -5.8 for onmy x coordiantes for the root on the far left... soud famililar?
Just a quick note, changed the countdown timer to S1 exam!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GrOwL3hZzhJmn8rd9IyozRJX6e6-0fAlwbaEnJkJEnw/edit?usp=sharing

Unofficial mark scheme is almost complete, just needs a bit more information.
Original post by Studious_Student
Did the question booklet we wrote on have the last question part's answer box on the back? I fear I might have put the answer for the last question on the same section as the one before that...

The question answer booklet has its last question space on its back cover.
You might not get any marks for misplaced answer. Since it could be mark by different examiners.
Original post by Kira Yagami
For the question about finding the intersections points

you had to find 3 points right

and the increments of x and y both went up in 0.2 yes?

Does anyone remember some of their coodrinates? I remember getting -5.8 for onmy x coordiantes for the root on the far left... soud famililar?

Do you mean the question ask to estimate roots from the graph given?
If yes, I think I got something like, x=1, x=-1.3, x=-2.5 or sth like that.
What do people think the grade boundary will be for an A?
Reply 196
Original post by juicebox55
The last part of the full equation was -3-k, i took out the minus so i got -(3+k) so c=3+k not -3-k

you're right about -3-k = -(3+k) but that means c = -(3+k) not 3+k, you forgot the minus
Oh no- try not to worry too much- you are probably just worrying and overthinking everything. I am sure you did fine!

You're probably right :frown: Though saying that I really need an A to apply to uni
Original post by juicebox55
The last part of the full equation was -3-k, i took out the minus so i got -(3+k) so c=3+k not -3-k

The constant term is still -3-k though
Alright, I'm just about done with this, I've got to prepare for tomorrow's exam! If anyone wants to take over then here's what we've done up to now: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dtkSYoAARTeftGMVMQFLMGr2QV0FA60sOymDNE-QlEg/edit?usp=sharing
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest