The Student Room Group

AQA AS Spanish Essay Questions Predictions 2016

Scroll to see replies

I reckon I got low 90s
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
im sure it said el before agua so...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agua is feminine, but is still preceded by 'el' due to the difficulty/awkwardness of saying 'la agua'. Imagine the fastest speaking Spaniard try to pronounce that
A grade boundary for this year then?
Reply 183
Original post by BEARichards
I'm just going to hope that my essay pulls me up, I wrote quite a lot and am fairly confident on it so fingers crossed!

Me too - I need 123/140 UMS on this!

What do we reckon grade boundaries wise? Last year was 92 for an A I think.
Reply 184
Original post by Nuestro rey
Agua is feminine, but is still preceded by 'el' due to the difficulty/awkwardness of saying 'la agua'. Imagine the fastest speaking Spaniard try to pronounce that

laaaaaaaguaaaaaaa

Laaaageeeeerrrrr
Original post by AlfieH
I think the answer was puso, 'En los años setentas, se puso en moda...'

Wait but the following noun was plural wasn't it? So is't it the passive and therefore since the noun was plural the verb needs to be put in the third person plural pretirite? I'm probably totally wrong
personally I think might go wither way I think the listening was better than last year the rwsding was okish but the essays were weird sp who knows

Posted from TSR Mobile
nope agua is always masculine if u look it up its one of the exceptions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlfieH
Sure you still did well! It was definitely different to all the last exams.

I looked at the paper like wtf have I got the correct paper. Even the layout on the front was different :biggrin:
Your paper was fine :smile: I did AS German on the 19th of May; and the paper looked weird in that. It's just because it's the last two or so of the AQA languages specs, so maybe they were bored of the old layout. But yes - you were doing the right exam, don't worry
Original post by AlfieH
The fashion question? Something like 10 marks.

My mind went blank trying to think what "temporada" meant ... 1 minute after the exam finished, i realised it was "season". I hate the pressure of exams, the easiest stuff can be forgotten.
Reply 190
Wait but the following noun was plural wasn't it? So is't it the passive and therefore since the noun was plural the verb needs to be put in the third person plural pretirite? I'm probably totally wrong

I don't remember - now you're making me doubt :frown:
Original post by Yasdyxo
My mind went blank trying to think what "temporada" meant ... 1 minute after the exam finished, i realised it was "season". I hate the pressure of exams, the easiest stuff can be forgotten.

I did that all in spanish!! :frown:
Reply 192
answer was pusieron, teacher went through it, because pantolones is plural
In other news, the story about the robber and the girl was pretty funny
Original post by Arcai
answer was pusieron, teacher went through it, because pantolones is plural

REALLY!?? I think I might cry with happiness
Reply 195
Original post by Nuestro rey
'tuvieran' was correct :smile:

Legend. Two subjunctive phrases in this one then? Cos Vaya too.
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
nope agua is always masculine if u look it up its one of the exceptions

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's not
Original post by chazer154
I did that all in spanish!! :frown:

The first time I did the exam in year12 i made that same mistake... its gutting after you've realised. :frown:

Anyone remember all the answers?
1. Last season
2. bad role models for young girls? blabla
http://www.wordreference.com/es/en/translation.asp?spen=agua

Wordreference says that 'agua' is feminine, but must needs be preceded by a consonant article - 'un' or 'el'
Reply 199
In general I thought the paper was a dream but there are probably a few little mistakes I made! I know I wrote minusválidos as minus validos which I probably won't get a mark for, and the David/Hugo question was horrible- I ended up with 3 Ns? but in general is was ok, I loved the essay on longer lives!

I wrote minosválidos and cenderismo instead of senderismo lol.

Are they strict on complete accuracy here? I know in the A2 paper in the listening and writing to Spanish you are allowed one letter slip up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending