Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAROX15)
    Confusion. It was my first exam so I was kinda nervous
    yup same

ReputationRep:
    How do you think grade boundaries are going to be like?

ReputationRep:
    hoping it wont be 32+ atleast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiyoriiki)
    overlap of standard deviations and little variability in data
    How did you predict the overlap of SD? because they said not to draw the SD on the graph.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunethra)
    How did you predict the overlap of SD? because they said not to draw the SD on the graph.
    You add or subtract the sds from the mean to find max and min values and u see if max and min values of different mean values overlap.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, when are the results coming out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willandy123)
    Guys, when are the results coming out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    18th of August

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me, does anybody know whether we need to review experiments like effect of caffeine on heart rate of Daphnia, effect of temperature on membrane permeability, effect of storage temperature on vitamin C content of fruit, and investigating factors affecting initial rate of reaction? I thought these belonged to unit 1 and only studied things like totipotency and plant tissue culture, effect of garlic and mint on bacterial growth and strength of plant fibres. Now I'm really worried. Which topics do we really need? Please somebody help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misuuzu)
    Excuse me, does anybody know whether we need to review experiments like effect of caffeine on heart rate of Daphnia, effect of temperature on membrane permeability, effect of storage temperature on vitamin C content of fruit, and investigating factors affecting initial rate of reaction? I thought these belonged to unit 1 and only studied things like totipotency and plant tissue culture, effect of garlic and mint on bacterial growth and strength of plant fibres. Now I'm really worried. Which topics do we really need? Please somebody help.
    https://youtu.be/hjZusRWz9AU
    Here's the revision to all experiments required for unit 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    which experiment do you predict will come in the jan 2017 paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nethmioysters)
    pH: using a buffer
    Temperature: using an incubator set to a certain temperature or waterbath
    Humidity affects plants mostly (if they are involved in the experiment only). they reduce effect of transpiration, thus reducing water loss.

you comment on reliability by checking to see if they have given any error bars/SDs. if the SD is small reliability is high. And make sure the SDs do not overlap.

you can make the data more reliable by repeating the experiment.
    hey..am actually doing the paper in january and i dont understand what it means by standard deviation overlap? could you please explain it further

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.