The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Maths Core 1 - 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

everyone saying they used a triangle or trapezium for the shaded area... I used a parallelogram xD didn't have time to finish the question though
Original post by yasaminO_o
Am I the only one who did a trapezium for the shaded are question to get a final answer of 63 - 5 = 58?

The integral should have given 81/4

Then the area of the triangle was 9, which equals 36/4. 81/4 - 36/4 = 45/4 or 11.25
Reply 182
What are you guys predicting for the grade boundary for B and an A?
Original post by voltz
I got 65... so that means i got it wrong

No 65 is right as it said wrote it as k, not k squared
Reply 184
It was something like -3/2 and 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how many marks I'd lose by putting 4.25 (11/4) isntead of 20.25 (45/4) because I minused 8 instead of +8? I'm thinking 3/5 ?

And then on the orher question I used a trapezium, meaning the area was wrong, but I at least minused it from my original area, would this get a mark? Or just 0/3?

Hopefully grade boundaries are a bit lower.
Original post by ronnydandam
surely it would be root 34? since in the form (x-a)^2 + (y-b)^2, k was 34

As previously said, you only do the (x-a)^2-d+(y-b)^2-c=k when you get given something like x^2+2ax...
They gave you A so you could use the pythagorean triangle with C to find √65.
Original post by timtjtim
The integral should have given 81/4

Then the area of the triangle was 9, which equals 36/4. 81/4 - 36/4 = 45/4 or 11.25

I got 119/3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HazNut134
everyone saying they used a triangle or trapezium for the shaded area... I used a parallelogram xD didn't have time to finish the question though

It was a triangle I'm afraid.

http://imgur.com/BQHVU5x
Reply 189
I can't bloody add I did 49 +16 is 64 not 65 so k equals 8. Which in turn meant I got the length CT wrong. I did all the working correct but not my final answer, do you reckon I can get any marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 190
how do you work out coordinate of q
does anyone remember the actual integration question
Original post by haza01
I can't bloody add I did 49 +16 is 64 not 65 so k equals 8. Which in turn meant I got the length CT wrong. I did all the working correct but not my final answer, do you reckon I can get any marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure, you'll get some method marks. That's probably 2 or 3 less than full there.
Reply 193
In the circle question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 194
Original post by haza01

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, I got 64 aswell but didnt second guess it since the answer is usually a number which gives a nice number when ou square root it
and for the tangent to circle question in the from px +qy +r = 0 what did everyone get ?
Oh my dayzzzzz , how hard was that paper !!!

I got some massive phatt number over 12

oh my dayzzzzz fam

oh my dayzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Original post by moe889
how do you work out coordinate of q

The tangent was at (-2,24). From that you could get the gradient, with the dy/dx, and a bit of y-y = m(x-x) gives you the equation of the line. Plug in y = 0 to that, and you get x = -5/4
Reply 198
Original post by haza01
It was something like -3/2 and 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think I got k<-3/2 and k>6
Original post by blues123
does anyone remember the actual integration question

it was bear hard bruv

i got somert over 12

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending