Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel International A level (IAL): Physics Unit 6 (WPH06) - 19th May, 2016 - PM Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    You will.
    The things is with my answer percentage difference was high so i wrote it was not accurate but others had small percentage difference so they wrote it was accurate. So i won't get any mark there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahdia Akter)
    The things is with my answer percentage difference was high so i wrote it was not accurate but others had small percentage difference so they wrote it was accurate. So i won't get any mark there?
    When error is carried forward no matter you find wrong answer you will get all the marks!

ReputationRep:
    You'll still get the mark.

ReputationRep:
    In no. 4 possibly everything was right except that i forgot to multiply 10^-3 with the temperature while calculating p and so the answer was 3.45 rather than 3450. The next two answers were right except that i took the wrong value. Does anyone have any idea whether i will get marks for the rest two i mean the vaue of e and comment about accuracy or not?
    I had an issue with the sign in that question aswell but all you lose for such errors is 1 mark in the first part and you still get full ecf marks in next parts so dw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andreashadj99)
    Not sure if this is going to be acceptable. Also my second answer
    "The capacitors' must be rated at least to the maximum emf of the power supply. Otherwise they may get damaged."
    is incorrect since we do not know the capacitance of the capacitor Y.
    Well, mine seems more legit as in the question they asked "What measures you would take to protect the capacitor from damaging." So, this is the only most effective measure you can take to protect the capacitor.

Adding a fixed resistor.

Well, I might be wrong but until now my answer does make sense.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.