Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamo2509)
    Am I right in thinking that you can apply for spring weeks in second year if you're doing a 4 year degree?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    I normally just say "Dear [Morgan Stanley / Citigroup / Barclays etc.] Graduate Recruitment Team"

Chances are the cover letter will be seen by a whole series of different people.
    Same^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How come I have seen people participating in SW at GS when they're on the last year of their bachelor? I thought this wasn't possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    How come I have seen people participating in SW at GS when they're on the last year of their bachelor? I thought this wasn't possible.
    Are you sure they are not doing a Spring Off-Cycle? They could be doing a two year Masters following their undergraduate, which would make them eligible for Spring Weeks again.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to apply for GS Summer Programme yet or only Spring Week at the moment? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    Weird things happen.

Possible situations:

- 3 year degree + 2 year masters
    - Convinced HR somehow
    - Degree length was longer than usual

etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    Is it possible to apply for GS Summer Programme yet or only Spring Week at the moment? Thanks
    The summer is open

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    The summer is open

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know whether it's open to first year students please? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    Do you know whether it's open to first year students please? Thanks
    No its second year students or third year students on a 4 year Programme

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiatorsword)
    No its second year students or third year students on a 4 year Programme

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Do you suggest creating a new account after a failed SW application or is it totally irrelevant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwith)
    Do you suggest creating a new account after a failed SW application or is it totally irrelevant?
    Don't see the point tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Weird things happen.

Possible situations:

- 3 year degree + 2 year masters
    - Convinced HR somehow
    - Degree length was longer than usual

etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All of them had a 2 years masters afterwards. It's 3 years bachelor and optional to continue on 2 years masters afterwards, and we've a spot secured by law in 1 of 13 master programs if we've been offered a spot in the bachelor program.

So since I am a second year student on a 3 year bachelor program, I possibly could apply to SW and Summer, since I have a secured masters afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    All of them had a 2 years masters afterwards. It's 3 years bachelor and optional to continue on 2 years masters afterwards, and we've a spot secured by law in 1 of 13 master programs if we've been offered a spot in the bachelor program.

So since I am a second year student on a 3 year bachelor program, I possibly could apply to SW and Summer, since I have a secured masters afterwards?
    This sounds like the european model to me, if so it's all pretty much normal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This sounds like the european model to me, if so it's all pretty much normal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Guess I am not eligible then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    Guess I am not eligible then.
    Never said you weren't. If your masters is 2 years long, you can absolutely do the SW --> Summer --> grad path

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwith)
    Would not recommend it as the computer screening systems at some banks are designed to spot this so you will be flagged.

ReputationRep:
    if you got into uni through clearing and didnt get a 2.1 for first year- shall i not bother applying?

ReputationRep:
    Never said you weren't. If your masters is 2 years long, you can absolutely do the SW --> Summer --> grad path

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would have to apply for both SW and Summer this year then, which I doubt you can given some of the banks only accept 1 application every 6 month!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    I would have to apply for both SW and Summer this year then, which I doubt you can given some of the banks only accept 1 application every 6 month!
    I would personally just apply for summer if I'm honest, it'd give you the option of starting straight after uni rather than staying the long haul of completing a 2 year masters programme. But it's up to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.