Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver Daniels)
    What did people get on the new spec multiple choice for the like size of the monopoly or something?

I put A which was like RSTY or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put D down, it was asking about what the net revenue would be I believe or something along those lines, so I worked out that you lost one rectangle worth of revenue and gained a larger one, so I said D which was the larger rectangle minus the smaller one.

ReputationRep:
    The answer was D - it was one area minus another area.

ReputationRep:
    Was the per unit tax one like P1 to P2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    F-E2 I believe as its the vertical distance between the 2 supply curves, with the actual price change being only the part of the tax that consumers have to pay for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desert_fox15)
    F-E2 I believe as its the vertical distance between the 2 supply curves, with the actual price change being only the part of the tax that consumers have to pay for.
    Yh, I recall the textbook saying the 'tax per unit' is the 'vertical distance' between the two supply curves.
    Also, the difference in price would represent the tax paid by consumers.

ReputationRep:
    Think i ****ed up calculation divided the wrong way so got 0.75/0.4 which is 1.9 then wrote out equation for definition then just talked about availability of substitues messed that question up hard everythib else alright tho wbu?

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for the +0.8 price elasticity question, it was about how many units the firm would sell following the change in price?
    Some of the options, were decrease - 180, or increase 240 etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AboutAWeekAgo)
    I think i messed up calculation dod 75/40 to get 1.9 but think it was supposed to be 40/75 which is 0.5 then i wrote equation out to define elasticity of supply and then talked about availability of substitutes cause if theres only a few substitutes supply will be more inelasitc messed up this question hard. Wbu?

I was on the other thread and people were saying they got +1.9 for the PES and i got +0.5... I think you were right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nayana71)
    I was on the other thread and people were saying they got +1.9 for the PES and i got +0.5... I think you were right
    PES is 1.875 rounding to 1.9 no?

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for the +0.8 price elasticity question, it was about how many units the firm would sell following the change in price?
    Some of the options, were decrease - 180, or increase 240 etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Some of the options, were decrease - 180, or increase 240 etc..
    increase of 240 was the answer

ReputationRep:
    What was the first question... Something like how firms determine price? I put B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHJBHB)
    PES is 1.875 rounding to 1.9 no?
    Yeah i divided the wrong way round

ReputationRep:
    did anyone get the mean of the nearest penny- 6.3 p new spec context b

ReputationRep:
    Nah, you'll lose a mark for that. It was £6.29

Posted from TSR Mobile
    damn it, i should get 3/4 right ?

ReputationRep:
    First question on how do consumers affect price or something , answer - B through their patterns of spending , any1 get that

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I think I put £6.28 and my teacher said I'd get 3/4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For the diagram question did you draw a shift left of demand and then for the 10 marker a tax diagram?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wait so this year there were two specs? The resits and the first AS Level 'new' batch?

ReputationRep:
    You guys know that for the new spec (not sure about the old spec) you are capped at level 4 if you don't have a conclusion, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can get top band, if you did evaluation after analysis, you pick up evaluation marks without knowing it sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    On the new spec, what did you guys put for the multiple choice question showing an average cost curve where the firm was producing at X (at the lowest point on the curve) and it was asking how average costs would decrease?

I think the options were like

A: a shift upward of the average cost curve
    B: a shift downward of the average cost curve
    C: a movement along the average cost curve to the right
    D: a movement along the average cost curve to the left

I think those were the options? I put A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I also said a

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dons178)
    First question on how do consumers affect price or something , answer - B through their patterns of spending , any1 get that
    Yh i got that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.