Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h_clarke)
    I put cervix??
    nah thats wrong, the cervix is the part inbetween the actual vagina and the uterus. The answer is either vagina or vaginal wall or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesj477)
    nah thats wrong, the cervix is the part inbetween the actual vagina and the uterus. The answer is either vagina or vaginal wall or something like that
    **** I put vagina but then my friends around me put cervix so i changed it

ReputationRep:
    Please See The Updated Provision Mark Scheme Here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4092245

Have a look, leave some comments and i'll update any errors.

ask away!

ReputationRep:
    guys i swear the question about the eyes is paper 2 stuff?

ReputationRep:
    The egg cell divides by mitosis after fertilisation, not meiosis

ReputationRep:
    how would you just measure the number of eggs. i put measure the volume and concentration of nutrient solution before and then after like a week check if you see if the volume has decreased. if it has then the egg would have absorbed the nutrients

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Year11Struggles)
    I did the same thing except S. I said the pH in the test tube should be constant as if it is alkali or acidic then eggs will die. You would probably get 6 tho

*edit* I also said taken from the same species of mammal rather than the exact same mammal *edit*
    how would you just measure the number of eggs. i put measure the volume and concentration of nutrient solution before and then after like a week check if you see if the volume has decreased. if it has then the egg would have absorbed the nutrients

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, this is my first post on the student room but I'm gonna set some confusion straight!

Firstly the answer is is 0.0075 as the distance given needed to be converted from cm into m, as the speed was given in metres a second, not centimetres a second

The anomaly was Thomas as his was the only heart rate that decreased before exercising.
    Athletes have lower heart rate because they have much thicker and stronger heart muscles.
    Adrenaline prepares body for flight or flight and increases heart rate.

Ovaries
    Fallopian Tube
    Uterus
    Vagina

Males determine sex as they have Y chromosome

Any questions please ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callum122)
    Yeah it said "What is the speed, in cm's/second" Didn't it? In which case it was 0.75
    No dude it asked for time taken to travel in seconds, not the speed

ReputationRep:
    It was an awful paper.
    What do you think we will need out of 180 for an A?
    And for an A*?

ReputationRep:
    hi guys about the 0.0075 , 0.75 im pretty sure the units given were "seconds" so doesnt that mean that 0.0075 is actually the right answer. plus i feel like almost 1 second would be too long for a nerve impulse in the body

ReputationRep:
    Nerve impulses travel at around 120 m/s if you look it up. It would not take 3/4 of a second to travel 90 cm. The answer was definitely 0.0075

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats what i thought

ReputationRep:
    Hey did anyone know what the question was for the anomaly regarding heart rate? I put Megan, however many people put Thomas...
    I don't really think it matters hahah, but it was the only one I was unsure of...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyohwhyohwhy)
    I'm pretty sure the amount of time was specified (one minute)
    It was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessieAM)
    Hey did anyone know what the question was for the anomaly regarding heart rate? I put Megan, however many people put Thomas...
    I don't really think it matters hahah, but it was the only one I was unsure of...
    its thomas, his heart rate at rest was 90 something and just before the race it dropped down to 70

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe12341234)
    guys i swear the question about the eyes is paper 2 stuff?
    Labelling is paper one and things like accommodation of the eye is paper 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i put Megan too

ReputationRep:
    Same but I think its wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I put Megan as well, I thought when I read people saying it's Thomas I must've just not read the question properly

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.