Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    I would be kinda glad if that did come up lol
    What about methods
    I think maybe practical and theoretical issues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sian-97)
    My Sociology teacher predicted most of the topics mentioned ^ as well as vocational education. He gave me a textbook scan which summarises it but I don't know what type of question they would ask regarding vocational education
    Which topics?

ReputationRep:
    Which topics?
    Marxist views of education
    Interactionist views of education (labelling)
    Hidden curriculum
    Vocational education
    Observations

Also, he said it's important to go over gender/ethnicity/class as a question will always come up in some form

ReputationRep:
    Marxist views of education
    Interactionist views of education (labelling)
    Hidden curriculum
    Vocational education
    Observations

Also, he said it's important to go over gender/ethnicity/class as a question will always come up in some form
    Huh what topics are they?
    Are you doing the new spec lol? They will never ask a question just on labelling...it has to be an overall topic
    Interactionists views of education lol? Is that even a topic?

ReputationRep:
    Awkwardly enough I'm doing the old spec lool I'm in Y13, resitting. I don't even know, that is just what our teacher told us, and how we were taught. (We learnt 3 major theories of education - functionalist/Marxist/Interactionist)

I think by interaction views he meant a 12mark question could come up on how labelling may lead to underachievement (so you'd include studies such as Rist, Becker, Fuller).

ReputationRep:
    Awkwardly enough I'm doing the old spec lool I'm in Y13, resitting. I don't even know, that is just what our teacher told us, and how we were taught. (We learnt 3 major theories of education - functionalist/Marxist/Interactionist)

I think by interaction views he meant a 12mark question could come up on how labelling may lead to underachievement (so you'd include studies such as Rist, Becker, Fuller).
    I can't see how labelling will be 12 marker
    Too little to say

ReputationRep:
    Too little to say
    yeah i agree, feel like it would have to be a question on internal factors but that came up last year

ReputationRep:
    My teacher has predicted Marxism, class external and possibly labelling and new right. I've revised those in a lot of detail but briefly looked over everything else
    I'm relying on methods in context and research methods to bring my grade up really - I hate education

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyPlatypus)
    My teacher has predicted Marxism, class external and possibly labelling and new right. I've revised those in a lot of detail but briefly looked over everything else
    I'm relying on methods in context and research methods to bring my grade up really - I hate education
    A lot to take in isn't....
    How are you answering methods...that's what I hate lol...

ReputationRep:
    A lot to take in isn't....
    How are you answering methods...that's what I hate lol...
    I don't really know how to describe it really, I just make sure I quote the source, relate the method to education, then evaluate whether it's a good method

ReputationRep:
    Too little to say
    Ah ok, thanks! Thank gosh I found this thread haha

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know prediction for the education resit paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieshallai)
    does anyone know prediction for the education resit paper?
    Read the threads
    Many have been made

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the predictions for the health resit paper tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    For research methods I think it will experiments or documents. Hopefully documents for me

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=helpme001;65074859]
    (Original post by grassntai)
    Research in methods is like really just common sense isn't it?

yeah i think it is, you can kind of blag your way through it
    Just use the item loads......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thebeast97)
    For research methods I think it will experiments or documents. Hopefully documents for me
    What would you write for documents?

ReputationRep:
    What would you write for documents?
    Stuff like they're cheap and easy to access, produce qualitative data, they're valid
    Then the opposite would be stuff like they aren't reliable and generalisable/representative etc..

ReputationRep:
    Interactionist is the same as interpretivist, just another name for it.
    It involves typing, labelling, self-fulfilling prophecy, banding, streaming, subcultures, pupil adaption, differentiation and polarisation, mixed ability groups and secondary school effects on children. It covers a whole lot, wouldn't surprise me if a 20 mark question could be made out of it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm dreading this exam?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.