Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReluctantWriter)
    Oh, and WTF was that 2-marker on synapses and the last bit on animal indicators?
    How do you get 2 marks for writing about a gap?
    Electro chemical reaction. And i dint indicator of exstermeophiles for salt water levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crustyegg)
    That would be correct , you would get the second mark for mentioning the other test for pollution in water you could use is an oxygen meter.
    Do you think I'd get the mark for saying that marfly laevae is used to measure the concentration of dissolved oxygen in water, instead of just saying water pollution?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.e-chat.co/room/136977 guys does anyone want to join me to chat about the b1 exam? it doesnt require registration lol

ReputationRep:
    The question asked to provide some advantages as well as disadvantages for comparison so i wrote ;Although releasing the GM mosquitoes can help prevent the offspring becoming a pest to humans, and eradicate any female offspring that could carry disease and infect humans, which would save on medical costs, I think they should NOT release the mosquitoes as they could be dangerous to any animal that feeds on them. They could also cause an adverse effect on the food chain they are involved in. THy could also out-compete the non-gm mosquito leading to endangerment of the species.
    (Original post by TrumpIsFancy)
    hmmm for the question on why the thrushes only got 66% of the biomass I put that there were only two thrushes for 500 snails which was small.

for the question on whether GM mosquitos should be used or not I wasn't sure and I wrote: No they shouldn't be used because they can harm the other mosquitos, reduce biodiversity and in the future all mosquitos might become GM.

wbu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabitha1999)
    Omg yes this is giving me hope 😭😭
    2x10 to the 6 divide by 3x10 to the 8 x 100 tonturn into perecentage gives you 0.6% recuring. It is correct ive redoent he calulations to confirm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabitha1999)
    Omg yes this is giving me hope 😭😭
    I got it but i put 0.66 to 2 significant figures or something like that x

ReputationRep:
    yes you would x
    (Original post by tianshan)
    Do you think I'd get the mark for saying that marfly laevae is used to measure the concentration of dissolved oxygen in water, instead of just saying water pollution?

ReputationRep:
    The question asked to provide some advantages as well as disadvantages for comparison so i wrote ;Although releasing the GM mosquitoes can help prevent the offspring becoming a pest to humans, and eradicate any female offspring that could carry disease and infect humans, which would save on medical costs, I think they should NOT release the mosquitoes as they could be dangerous to any animal that feeds on them. They could also cause an adverse effect on the food chain they are involved in. THy could also out-compete the non-gm mosquito leading to endangerment of the species.
    they asked for the advantages too?? are you sure? omg wow i just put disadvantages. you can join the chatroom for a faster convo

ReputationRep:
    basically.
    also on the other part i think i wrote the electrical impulse changes to a chemical impulse as it travels through the synapse, and then back into an electrical impulse when it reaches the adjoining neurone .. i'm not sure if it is right though.
    1 mark for saying it's a gap, the other for saying it's between two neurons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReluctantWriter)
    Oh, and WTF was that 2-marker on synapses and the last bit on animal indicators?
    How do you get 2 marks for writing about a gap?
    I think it's literally 2 marks for stating 'junction' and 'between neurones', pointless tbh

ReputationRep:
    a company which is not linked to the manufacturer, i had no idea haha

ReputationRep:
    yes you would x
    i said this too

ReputationRep:
    I thought the paper was really easy. Like most questions actually came up on things that were in the specification like definition of synapse, definition of receptors, effectors, especially the 6 marker etc.
    But some questions were too weird: stripy snails, mosquitos and horse...what did you guys get?
    I feel like the grade boundaries will be high because compared to past papers, this wasn't too hard...
    hm

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about carbs, proteins, fibre and fat as well as bit about vitamins and explained what they did. But i didn't mention water how many marks do you think i would get (6 marker)

ReputationRep:
    i think so x

ReputationRep:
    Independent company comes under drugs and homeostasis is only briefly touched on in b1, it doesn't get detailed till b3

ReputationRep:
    i think so x
    You should be fine as the oxygen level is how it does measure pollution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahwatson52)
    I wrote about carbs, proteins, fibre and fat as well as bit about vitamins and explained what they did. But i didn't mention water how many marks do you think i would get (6 marker)
    6, usually they only want 3 components of a healthy diet and the explaination of why they're important

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you, some of the questions had bad wording but it was manageable, apart from that it felt like an easy test with an easy six mark question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollieT3)
    6, usually they only want 3 components of a healthy diet and the explaination of why they're important
    Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.