Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryleavey)
    Shows how little I play games then doesn't it.

Suggests you are a COD-kinda-guy?
    Lmao. Nah I haven't played cod in a long time. Sorry
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by WurfWurf)
    Lmao. Nah I haven't played cod in a long time. Sorry
    Thats ok.

ReputationRep:
    For management strategies question i talked about floods and that we can use flood risk maps to manage the impacts of flood for one of my points. Is this right or wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Argh Extreme Weather people what did you put for the 2 strategies? I did GM crops and Play Pump for drought so different scales/players but people are talking about other stuff asasfong;oreigjaor;jg;orngofgosf ;ng'g'\of

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I remember all of the questions for crowded coasts and rebranding places. If anyone wants them just reply.

ReputationRep:
    For the extreme weather management question did you have to write about 2 strategies for the same event?

I wrote about GM crops for drought and land use management for hurricanes! Really worried I've done it completely wrong now! #I'm an idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hol288)
    For the extreme weather management question did you have to write about 2 strategies for the same event?

I wrote about GM crops for drought and land use management for hurricanes! Really worried I've done it completely wrong now! #I'm an idiot
    I'm pretty sure it said extreme weather events, i did one for flooding and drought so im in the same position

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raizelcadres)
    Hey guys I remember all of the questions for crowded coasts and rebranding places. If anyone wants them just reply.
    What was the last question for rebranding again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMEisjames)
    I'm pretty sure it said extreme weather events, i did one for flooding and drought so im in the same position
    Im glad im not the only one! Really paniced when i saw that question as i really didnt know what to write

ReputationRep:
    I asked my teacher before the exam and he said that if it says 'extreme weather events' in general it is better to talk about more than one weather event rather than one so I talked about a method for drought and then one for flooding. I'm sure it will be fine, well I hope so anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hol288)

What was the question again? I'm worried that I've answered it wrong, I wrote about desalination and levees and then commented on the advantages and disadvantages of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMEisjames)
    Did you comment on the advantages and disadvantages of each or have I answered it wrong? 😯
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ilovepugs)
    Did you comment on the advantages and disadvantages of each or have I answered it wrong? 😯
    It said 2 different strategies to manage an extreme weather event.

One extreme weather event

ReputationRep:
    It said 2 different strategies to manage an extreme weather event.

One extreme weather event
    It said extreme weather events
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    "Examine the success of 2 different strategies to manage the impacts of an extreme weather event"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherx)
    What was the last question for rebranding again?
    for a named urban area explain why it was in need of rebranding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raizelcadres)
    for a named urban area explain why it was in need of rebranding.
    Damn it. Talked about two examples. Thanks for letting me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherx)
    Damn it. Talked about two examples. Thanks for letting me know
    You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krissheahan)
    I didn't cross the box at the top of the page to indicate what question I was going to do! Do you think it will still get marked?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    "Examine the success of 2 different strategies to manage the impacts of an extreme weather event"
    Thanks for putting this up! This question confused me a tad though as it was a little ambiguous - I wasn't sure if we were supposed to talk merely about the successes of some strategies, or if we were supposed to talk about how there were and weren't successes? Does anybody know?

Personally, I talked about Hurricane Prediction Apps and how the prediction is useful for informing people to prepare, and how the notifications can allow people to be informed more quickly so they have more time to get to safety. I then discussed hard engineering protection against storm surges from tropical cyclones, giving the example of the levees in New Orleans, and saying that whilst they can protect against weaker events there is a risk of a false sense of security in stronger events such as Hurricane Katrina.

Overall, I thought the exam definitely could have gone better (I did Extreme Weather and Rebranding), but given the questions I'm happy that I made a fair attempt!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.