Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Latin GCSE Official Thread 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 14Abbott)
    How did you guys find prose (Pliny??) Am I the only one who thought the 10-marker was really hard for style points???
    I thought that question was fair I was just struggling to remember points I hope what I put down will be ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crème brûlée)
    Day in the life????? My ten mark question was from Death of Pliny! :/
    Yes I was thinking that too

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the paper today overall?

I did the Pliny section- section B and when I opened the paper and saw section A I panicked for a moment thinking I'd missed something out . Oops. Other than that I think that paper was actually nice, I'm just hoping that they don't make Thursday's paper too hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crème brûlée)
    Day in the life????? My ten mark question was from Death of Pliny! :/
    I am an absolute idiot 😂 Please ignore me! How did you find the exam? What did you put for the 8 mark question? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niv1234)
    Yes I was thinking that too
    Ignore me sorry I am an idiot 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pepsi Cola :))
    Ignore me sorry I am an idiot 😂
    It's fine don't worry. So how did you find everything?

ReputationRep:
    I found it ok actually! But i had to do it straight after my drama essays exam with no break D:

I found the exam quite short? Like there were only very few longish qs apart from the 8 and 10 marks x

ReputationRep:
    It's fine don't worry. So how did you find everything?
    Actually the Latin exams have surprisingly been really good for me so far! I think that they have been better than all the mocks/past papers I did (lol hope I don't jinx it 😂). What did u put for the 8 and 10 markers? I only came up with 6 for the 10 marker (is that enough?) and I hope my 8 marker was OK because my 8 markers in the past haven't been great ngl! 😬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crobby)
    I found it ok actually! But i had to do it straight after my drama essays exam with no break D:

I found the exam quite short? Like there were only very few longish qs apart from the 8 and 10 marks x
    Ooh poor you with the Drama exam! Some of my friends who do drama have said that it is such a hard subject (they didn't have to do an exam at the end though, just lots and lots of controlled assessments). I noticed that as well! I was really glad about that though! How was the timing for you? I was writing up to the last minute 😬 X

ReputationRep:
    Actually the Latin exams have surprisingly been really good for me so far! I think that they have been better than all the mocks/past papers I did (lol hope I don't jinx it 😂). What did u put for the 8 and 10 markers? I only came up with 6 for the 10 marker (is that enough?) and I hope my 8 marker was OK because my 8 markers in the past haven't been great ngl! 😬
    I think 6 points is more than enough for the 10 marker. I think I only put 4 or 5 but I developed them quite a bit. I think I just blabbed for both of them. For the 8 marker I wrote about how he is brave and studious but on the other hand being too much of those things can be bad? For the 10 marker I just talked about the chiasmus and enveloped participle etc. I found language 2 quite hard the other 2 were ok though I am just hoping that the next one is nice though.

ReputationRep:
    I think 6 points is more than enough for the 10 marker. I think I only put 4 or 5 but I developed them quite a bit. I think I just blabbed for both of them. For the 8 marker I wrote about how he is brave and studious but on the other hand being too much of those things can be bad? For the 10 marker I just talked about the chiasmus and enveloped participle etc. I found language 2 quite hard the other 2 were ok though I am just hoping that the next one is nice though.
    I put exactly the same things as you for the 10 and 8 markers! Yup I did the enveloped participle (the one about a mixture of ash and pumice right?). I thought language 2 was OK, but I know have made some incredibly stupid mistakes (I put wayyyy too many ablative absolutes What was going through my brain... 😂). OCR seems to have been pretty nice to us this year so far. Hopefully the Verse paper is nice too! Also thank you for the follow 😊

ReputationRep:
    I put exactly the same things as you for the 10 and 8 markers! Yup I did the enveloped participle (the one about a mixture of ash and pumice right?). I thought language 2 was OK, but I know have made some incredibly stupid mistakes (I put wayyyy too many ablative absolutes What was going through my brain... 😂). OCR seems to have been pretty nice to us this year so far. Hopefully the Verse paper is nice too! Also thank you for the follow 😊
    Yes thats the same one I put. I got the whole bit with her stomach wrong, I was so confused. I hope its nice too. Well good luck

ReputationRep:
    I am an absolute idiot 😂 Please ignore me! How did you find the exam? What did you put for the 8 mark question? Thanks
    ah no problem i thought the test generally went quite well- for the 8 mark question I said Pliny was brave, selfless, confident, studious, but also a little foolish. Overall I said he was admirable.

However that test scared the hell out of me... I had one minute left, and I saw I left a page blank! the page about Arria and what her son was like. I just managed to finish it and I got the right answers but my handwriting was AWFUL. really doubt the examiner will understand it...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing their verse exam on Thursday? Anyone doing Nisus and Euryalus :s?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellaramsay_)
    Anyone doing their verse exam on Thursday? Anyone doing Nisus and Euryalus :s?
    yes and i havent learnt any yet haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igggy)
    omg same

ReputationRep:
    Ooh poor you with the Drama exam! Some of my friends who do drama have said that it is such a hard subject (they didn't have to do an exam at the end though, just lots and lots of controlled assessments). I noticed that as well! I was really glad about that though! How was the timing for you? I was writing up to the last minute 😬 X
    Same! Trying to put as much as possible for those 8 and 10 marks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igggy)
    ive learnt up to page 9 but the end is awful and cant do any of it. Any ideas what the big markers will be on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crobby)
    omg same
    just gonna bang it out after physics tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellaramsay_)
    ive learnt up to page 9 but the end is awful and cant do any of it. Any ideas what the big markers will be on
    no idea haha i know two pages and dont have time tilll after physics tomoz whcih finishes at 4...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.