Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Chemistry IGCSE 1C Unofficial Mark Scheme 19th May 2016 Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find this exam?
    Very easy
    13.97%
    Easy
    28.19%
    Okay
    43.87%
    Hard
    10.78%
    Very hard
    3.19%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ini.g)
    What about the question which asked why hydrogen had a low melting and boiling point?
    Thanks I'll add it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alic12345)
    missing out condition for substitution reaction to occur and empirical formula of Y? i think
    It was ultra violet light

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dance25)
    Did you bio on Tuesday? How was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah that was decent too, nothing i wasn't expecting

ReputationRep:
    There was a question on what the cotton wool was used for in the experiment and I wrote down that it prevents any carbon dioxide which is formed from escaping. Do you think this would get me the mark? Also there was a question about the ph of the solution formed with calcium, do you know what the answer was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyjohnson82)
    Do you remember how many marks this question was worth?
    3 marks i think it was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h_wxller1)
    3 marks i think it was
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    There was a question on what the cotton wool was used for in the experiment and I wrote down that it prevents any carbon dioxide which is formed from escaping. Do you think this would get me the mark? Also there was a question about the ph of the solution formed with calcium, do you know what the answer was?
    probably not as the gas is allowed to escape thats why its cotton wool and not a bung. it would have been alkaline, i put ph 9.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.

I'm sure question 15b was about titanium bonding, not structure. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exams2)
    wasn't it the moles of water?
    No, don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    I did edexcel chemistry today how come everyhing is different

ReputationRep:
    probably not as the gas is allowed to escape thats why its cotton wool and not a bung. it would have been alkaline, i put ph 9.
    Thanks, I put 9 also. In trying to think of more questions which were on the paper but my mind is going blank ://

ReputationRep:
    If anyone can clear this up for me: For the solution X/Y question, why is the difference because solution Y had a lower concentration? I put because Y had a higher initial temp.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Droneon)
    Hi guys.

I'm sure question 15b was about titanium bonding, not structure. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes it was about metallic bonding but the answer still remains largely the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Droneon)
    Hi guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought that too, I only wrote about there being strong metallic bonds and then couldn't think so I talked about it having a high melting point hahah

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember how many marks question 5d was out of?

ReputationRep:
    I am so sorry to keep asking so many questions, but does anyone know what the answers were for the solid x, solution Y and solid Z question?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember how many marks question 5d was out of?
    2 or 3

ReputationRep:
    Why did hydrogen have a low melting point?

ReputationRep:
    yes it was about metallic bonding but the answer still remains largely the same
    Yeah, but wouldn't the bonding be about the electrostatic forces of attraction between the +ve ions and -ve electrons that hold the structure together?

ReputationRep:
    I am so sorry to keep asking so many questions, but does anyone know what the answers were for the solid x, solution Y and solid Z question?
    X- Calcium oxide
    Y- Calcium chloride
    Z- Calcium carbonate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.