Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyFool229)
    Might have been two marks - One for identifying the correct test and one for the justification? Can't really remember!
    Actually I remember, surprisingy it was a one marker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liziepie)
    I put that the extra thing before the fatty acid changed it's shape so it won't be complementary to the enzyme anymore, so no ES complexes would form.
    Same! 😀

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the uses of hydrolysis of ATP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Yes 10 cm^3 of water. How many marks was it?
    I didn't mention the part about 90cm^3 of inhibitor
    Wasnt it 90 of water because it only wanted 1000 of 10000 so it was 100 divided by 10 for the concentration one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Was it two marks? No idea. And someone else on the page before wrote an answer opposite to mine - No idea who is right.

ReputationRep:
    I found the paper ok-ish. What annoyed me is how a lot of topics weren't on it. Lets hope the next paper is better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    I put 10 of inhibitor 90 water

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharmonraja)
    What did everyone put for the uses ofh ydrolysis of ATP
    Phosphorylation and active transport

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laney1999)
    10cm^3 inhibitor to 90cm^3 distilled water
    think I put that too, can't even remember aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luchamb)
    Phosphorylation and active transport
    Active transport and needed for respiration

ReputationRep:
    10 inhibitor and 90 water is correct. I just got confused when I made my other post on it - Sorry for the confusion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laney1999)
    Active transport and needed for respiration
    I think active transport was correct! But respiration makes ATP it isn't used in respiration so i put about how atp is also used in synthesis of molecules such as proteins in ribosomes

ReputationRep:
    for the question on Alzheimer's and it said why can it fit 2 active sites I said because antigen variability😂, was such a hard paper, what did everyone get for the ror at 10c I got 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hbassett26)
    I think active transport was correct! But respiration makes ATP it isn't used in respiration so i put about how atp is also used in synthesis of molecules such as proteins in ribosomes
    I said active transport and movement (ATP energy needed in muscle tissues), is that correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyjacks)
    for the question on Alzheimer's and it said why can it fit 2 active sites I said because antigen variability😂, was such a hard paper, what did everyone get for the ror at 10c I got 11
    Think I got 14.5 really depended on the tangent you drew so the exam board usually has quite a big range for what they'll allow you

ReputationRep:
    I said that the protein has two regions on it which is complementary to each enzyme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharmonraja)
    I said active transport and movement (ATP energy needed in muscle tissues), is that correct?
    Yeah pretty sure that's ok

ReputationRep:
    I put down that they could have similar shaped active sites because only the secondary structure was affected as the only thing different was the fact one was Alpha and one was Beta, so the tertiary structure could be the same so it could be a similar 3D Shape for both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    I put 10cm3 of the inhibitor and 90cm3 of water to make 100cm3 of the inhibitor with a concentration of 1000 nmol dm-3. Because they started with 10000, so 10000 x 0.1 (90%) = 1000 and therefore you put 90cm3 of water - not the inhibitor. If you do it the other way round you are diluting it by 10% to get 9000 rather than by 90% to get 1000. I think thats right anyway... my maths sucks tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyFool229)
    I believe it does - I just realised I got that one wrong!
    Bacteria has a plasmid and free floating DNA
    Viruses have mRNA and Reverse Transcriptase

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.