Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Namita Gurung)
    lmao dw :console: I can't do basic tasks either :lol: :cry2:

When I was trying to walk into my first chem lesson in yr 12, it took me ages to open the door (it was a push instead of pull). Everyone inside could see my pathetic attempts to open the door. :cry:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    In my defence, the door had a handle :ashamed2: like why?
    Are you stupid? nah jk jk. I feel you, like the time I ran into a fire extinguisher and got a nose bleed like none other...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Are you stupid? nah jk jk. I feel you, like the time I ran into a fire extinguisher and got a nose bleed like none other...
    How high was the fire extinguisher? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    It was my local tube station...pretty sure these people will see me again. ¬_¬

Meh...when I told my parents they were like, this is why we don't let you do things and then called me some rude stuff in Bulgarian :rofl:
    it's fine wear a burka

:rofl: :toofunny: i wouldn't tell my parents they'd deport me :rofl:

(Original post by Namita Gurung)
    How high was the fire extinguisher? :rofl:
    it was on a wall...I just ran into it...:yep: #justhomelandthings

(Original post by z33)
    it's fine wear a burka

:rofl: :toofunny: i wouldn't tell my parents they'd deport me :rofl:
    I have no siblings to tell...:sad: lmao tho they asked Are you slow, do you have mental problems...?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Aww thanks. Yeah I literally power walked out, could've been worse I s'pose
    I know the feeling, I'm good at academics but the real life stuff is what confuses me, they never teach us anything worthwhile in terms of life lessons at school, it's where most people stumble.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I know what you mean :console: it must have been tempting to just leave the oyster card there, even though they're so important

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    oooh you're name is laurence? noice! i didnt know you lived in london either :dontknow: i used to think my oyster can get me free tube rides and i got an awkward reject and had to pay instead >_>

I couldn't pick up a piece of plastic. :sigh:
    You made me laugh tho :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    it's fine, in 100 years everyone will forget about that :3
    Spoiler:
    Show
    maybe :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Mini story time! :ahee:

I thought I could do the most simple of tasks, I honestly thought I was human enough to be able to swipe my OysterCard and pass through those ticket gates. Literally one arm movement.

Obviously not :getmecoat: I became the person I hate.

There I was, rush hour in London, innocently passing through the crowds. Swipe. Gates open. NO I dropped my Oyster, let me walk the one pace back to pick it up. DAMN YOU FINGERS PICK UP THE DAMN PIECE OF PLASTIC. ****. The gates closed...

*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

**** my life I'm trapped inbetween the gates. Oh for ****s sake what is this moron doing? someone shouts. Please god kill me right now. Just pick it up Laurence. PICK IT UP.

Ok, I got it! :woo: I look up...EVERYONE IS STARING AT ME. LIKE EVERYONE... God if you're up there please just let me die.

The ticket man asks me if I'm alright...YES I'M FINE PLEASE JUST LET ME LEAVE.

People are STILL staring as if I just murdered someone. :getmecoat:

I've never run away so fast in my life :lol:

So what have I learnt from this? I can't do the most basic tasks :yep: and I might as well just stay at home forever
    Spoiler:
    Show
    fml the look of the man behind me was a mix of great pity and anger :cry:
    Anyway, that was a little thing that happened to me like two hours ago...I'm a fail!
    smh man :toofunny: i died man!!! you made my day :ahee:
    steps to get pass gates
    tap oyster card on yellow reader
    the gates will open
    you place one leg before another
    you walk through the open gates
    you then proceed to your platform

(Original post by Rhythmical)
    I know the feeling, I'm good at academics but the real life stuff is what confuses me, they never teach us anything worthwhile in terms of life lessons at school, it's where most people stumble.
    badum tss

(Original post by SeanFM)
    I know what you mean :console: it must have been tempting to just leave the oyster card there, even though they're so important

How did the lawn mower get that high up? :eek:
    In like two months it will become worthless :getmecoat:

(Original post by ihatePE)
    oooh you're name is laurence? noice! i didnt know you lived in london either :dontknow: i used to think my oyster can get me free tube rides and i got an awkward reject and had to pay instead >_>
    :yep: and :yep: and unfortunately not...It's so awkward when the gates won't open and you're just standing there holding up everyone...

(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    smh man :toofunny: i died man!!! you made my day :ahee:
    steps to get pass gates
    tap oyster card on yellow reader
    the gates will open
    you place one leg before another
    you walk through the open gates
    you then proceed to your platform
    I did the steps but what happens when the oyster cards slips from your hands? then what huh? HUH?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    badum tss

How did the lawn mower get that high up? :eek:
    In like two months it will become worthless :getmecoat:

:yep: and :yep: and unfortunately not...It's so awkward when the gates won't open and you're just standing there holding up everyone...

I did the steps but what happens when the oyster cards slips from your hands? then what huh? HUH?
    :iiam: I would like to know too

Are you 16? If you go to a 6th form then you get another one for 16-18 which means free travels on buses.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    badum tss
    Lol **** sorry. Your ordeal reminded me of the time in Gavin and Stacey where Gavin goes to the train platform and climbs over the ticket area and everyone stares at him.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    :iiam: I would like to know too

Are you 16? If you go to a 6th form then you get another one for 16-18 which means free travels on buses.
    yep...I know. THANK THE LORD!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    in short my oystercard photo is the worst picture ever

Lol **** sorry. Your ordeal reminded me of the time in Gavin and Stacey where Gavin goes to the train platform and climbs over the ticket area and everyone stares at him.
    Don't worry! Gavin and Stacey is about the fat people right?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    to put it bluntly
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Don't worry! Gavin and Stacey is about the fat people right?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    to put it bluntly
    Yeah, it is but it is absolutely funny! During the hiatus challenge, I watched series 1-3 and the Christmas special and then I've started the series again!

ReputationRep:
    Mini story time! :ahee:
    Awww thanks for tagging me in this. I've been reading your blog and it has made me laugh so much.

This was hilarious, the struggle felt so real, and it feels like something I'd do. :woo:

Damn, stuck in the gate. I'M DEAD. XD

ReputationRep:
    Lmaoooo poor you xd

Yeah, it is but it is absolutely funny! During the hiatus challenge, I watched series 1-3 and the Christmas special and then I've started the series again!
    So you didn't revise tut tut Lol I'll give it a go. The number of TV shows I'll be watching after exams! :lol:

(Original post by flyingpanda)
    Awww thanks for tagging me in this. I've been reading your blog and it has made me laugh so much.

This was hilarious, the struggle felt so real, and it feels like something I'd do. :woo:

Damn, stuck in the gate. I'M DEAD. XD
    I feel it would happen to all TSRians :lol: and you're welcome :hugs:

(Original post by Imperion)
    Lmaoooo poor you xd
    You seem as patronising as the man behind me ¬_¬
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    So you didn't revise tut tut Lol I'll give it a go. The number of TV shows I'll be watching after exams! :lol:
    Honestly, did you really think anyone did? They just snooped on TSR logged off of course. and trust me, you will be bingeing after exams, the amount of games I've missed and TV shows. and who can forget Orange is The New Black!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.