Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RasputinReborn)
    Is there an AS Biology U2 thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4148303

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    haha no..... ours was not easier, they may me liked topics but were NOT nice questions. I feel our papers were of equal difficulty
    I'm sorry I didn't mean to imply there was any difference in the difficulty of the papers only that I would have liked for those topics to come up xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know is there is a wjec human biology thread for the hb2 module?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharmhopeful16)
    Same! Those were my favourite topics. I found the last diversity question threw me a bit. They gave an index of 10.24 but I thought it couldn't exceed one 😕 but the essay question wasn't too bad though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too , I put my answer saying that it's incorrect because diversity index can only range between 0 and 1 , not sure if that's what they wanted though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccaslugocki)
    Me too , I put my answer saying that it's incorrect because diversity index can only range between 0 and 1 , not sure if that's what they wanted though
    I said that as well but said otherwise the biodiversity was higher. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who got thrown by that question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccaslugocki)

I said the same but because it was worth 2 marks I wasn't sure if that classed at 2 points

ReputationRep:
    I hated the last question and the monkey AIDS one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemonandlime1)
    I hated the last question and the monkey AIDS one
    Don't forget "maintaining genetic polymorphism"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget "maintaining genetic polymorphism"

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't even remember that question😂

ReputationRep:
    I don't even remember that question😂
    It was the banded snails one ; it was a 3 marker. No one in my school understood what the hell was going on

ReputationRep:
    It was the banded snails one ; it was a 3 marker. No one in my school understood what the hell was going on
    Oh yeah, honestly I have no idea the whole thing is a blur now, I just know I answered the monkey aids wrong and the last question wrong.
    The maths questions were nice though

ReputationRep:
    I said natural selection for the snail question because that was the only thing I could think of...

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, honestly I have no idea the whole thing is a blur now, I just know I answered the monkey aids wrong and the last question wrong.
    The maths questions were nice though
    It's quite ironic how the "what conclusions can be drawn" questions have become as/more difficult than the science questions.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the SA:V ratio(the first question on the paper).

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the SA:V ratio(the first question on the paper).

6000:1 I think

ReputationRep:
    6000:1 I think
    I think I had 600:1 it was a fly right?
    This table shows similar data http://www.biologymad.com/cells/diffusion.htm

ReputationRep:
    So did everyone get 0.69 for biodiversity and 5310(3sf) for stomata circumference?

ReputationRep:
    So did everyone get 0.69 for biodiversity and 5310(3sf) for stomata circumference?
    I had those, I got confused when it said t 3 sig figs so I just guessed 5310 instead of 5312

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the papers to upload?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys do?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 17, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.