Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

England vs Wales - 16th June 14:00 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    The Wavefunction

Thoughts?

My God I am hyped.
    That reduced me to tears. I haven't felt that low since Leeds were relegated from the prem.

I appreciate that you deserved to win, but not like that. I'm just devastated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    That reduced me to tears. I haven't felt that low since Leeds were relegated from the prem.

Your keeper should have saved that tbh, poor positioning.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Roast)
    Your keeper should have saved that tbh, poor positioning.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    you could say that for hart tho. Wtaf was he doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bat_man)
    you could say that for hart tho. Wtaf was he doing
    Yeah, he made it so difficult.

Schmeichel had his say and Hart's wall was way off too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)

You'll still qualify pal :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he made it so difficult.

Schmeichel had his say and Hart's wall was way off too.
    what did schmeichel say??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bat_man)
    what did schmeichel say??

"Re Bale goal, look at the wall. That's the biggest mistake by Joe Hart, don't put one up. If he doesn't he can start in the MIDDLE of the goal so even if the ball is all over the place he can move quicker. Also the wall becomes a target only 10 yards away, gives better aim for Bale.

"Well done England. But you have to question team selection. Next time I'm sure Roy starts his in form players.

"Wales never invested enough to get a result, you defend that deep, you invite the other team to attack, that leads to chances and goals."

ReputationRep:
    "Re Bale goal, look at the wall. That's the biggest mistake by Joe Hart, don't put one up. If he doesn't he can start in the MIDDLE of the goal so even if the ball is all over the place he can move quicker. Also the wall becomes a target only 10 yards away, gives better aim for Bale.

"Well done England. But you have to question team selection. Next time I'm sure Roy starts his in form players.

"Wales never invested enough to get a result, you defend that deep, you invite the other team to attack, that leads to chances and goals."
    ahh right. Coming from the great man himself? Or his junior. Lol, and tbh i really hope that vardy starts again, he can prove to all the he doesnt just score long goals over the top haha.

ReputationRep:
    We still missed Wilshere. He should be put in for Alli next game, Alli hasn't been particularly good or bad, just okay, and I think a rest will do him good and keep Jacky boy happy. Then also obviously Sterling and Kane out for Sturridge and Vardy.

I was impressed with Walker and Lallana tbh. Would especially like to see a Sturridge- Lallana- Wilshere link up. Rooney was excellent, Dier was good again.

ReputationRep:
    Turned my phone on to see the result. That's my day ruined then :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr0sr_)
    England will win, my prediction is 2-1.
    Should have put money on it. ****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    England will not even get 2nd in their group. What makes you think that a Wales squad, that have a muh better chemistry than England won't win. England can't even defend a 1 nil lead
    2-1
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by fr0sr_)
    Should have put money on it. ****!
    Haha, you should've!

I don't follow football that much, but I am sometimes interested when England are playing... Also, the lab technicians at my university were watching the match so I thought I might as well

ReputationRep:
    This won't account for the failure of England to win against Russia in the first match.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Why have a wall that far out?

Just stand in the middle of the goal, Joe Hart.

ReputationRep:
    I literally fell asleep during the game (to be fair I was tired) but it lacked any class.

Compare with 2004 v Portugal
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    So disappointed with Wales, still we shall go on.
    Russia next!!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wales should progress in second really. Russia are so poor.

If they do manage that, they'll likely face Iceland. That's a tantalising fixture in the second round, and could present Wales with a decent chance of making the last eight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Wales should progress in second really. Russia are so poor.

If they do manage that, they'll likely face Iceland. That's a tantalising fixture in the second round, and could present Wales with a decent chance of making the last eight.
    They could play anyone really, Group F is so open
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by difeo)
    They could play anyone really, Group F is so open
    In my head, though, I reckon Portugal will get six points, leaving it between Iceland/Hungary. Granted, though, Austria are a superior side to those two (despite their opening result) and are still well in with a shout.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.