Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    its not worth it
    she should just come back and ban whoever is annoying her
    I do not know all of her reasoning, only that she feels that she is not enjoying being a mod at present.

ReputationRep:
    Yawn! Is this still going on? to coin a phrase 'Do not feed the trolls'!

As for Adhsur - that's a real shame! One of the less 'emmotive' mods. Tragic. Ironic really since the people on here asking for a 'certian type' of mod are the very ones who have driven her away.

Adhsur, don't let them grind you down. You do a great job, and I doubt that there are many who could do better.

Don't let the minority ruin it for the majority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I do not know all of her reasoning, only that she feels that she is not enjoying being a mod at present.
    prob coz she feels insulted, she'l come back stronger soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    she should just come back and ban whoever is annoying her
    The fact that she doesn't operate like that is what makes her a great mod!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    The fact that she doesn't operate like that is what makes her a great mod!
    i know! such a shame she had to go coz of this! how rude! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Yawn! Is this still going on? to coin a phrase 'Do not feed the trolls'!

As for Adhsur - that's a real shame! One of the less 'emmotive' mods. Tragic. Ironic really since the people on here asking for a 'certian type' of mod are the very ones who have driven her away.

Adhsur, don't let them grind you down. You do a great job, and I doubt that there are many who could do better.

Don't let the minority ruin it for the majority.
    fluffy you are the (one of) main offender, and have so far contributed nothing to the debate which has all but finished now anyway. as for trolls, i assume you mean musicboy, considering he is the only one digging up old graves.

your second point "dont let the minority ruin the majority" - subscribers are the minority and look at the opinion poll on this subject, i recall an 83% majority in favour of f51 reform.

and as for adhsur, i am indifferent, but maybe the time away will give her chance to reflect on the problems and how they may have been addressed or can be addressed in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    and as for adhsur, i am indifferent, but maybe the time away will give her chance to reflect on the problems and how they may have been addressed or can be addressed in the future.
    To be fair after talking to her last night I realise how hard it is being a mod, I certainly apperciate her presence and if she does read this would strongly encourage to come back as she makes this place a whole lot brighter. (also your wish is granted adhsur)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    fluffy you are the main offender, and have so far contributed nothing to the debate which has all but finished now anyway. as for trolls, i assume you mean musicboy, considering he is the only one digging up old graves.

your second point "dont let the minority ruin the majority" - subscribers are the minority and look at the opinion poll on this subject, i recall an 83% majority in favour of f51 reform.

Ok, I'm sorry. I was venting anger and maybe acted rashly. I ddid not mean to offendd anyone - I was here for an argument which has nothing to do with causing displeasure to others. Sorry once again.

MB

ReputationRep:
    Guys, give it a rest; we've seen that this is not now a battle on policy, as weaknesses in previous moderation policy have been pointed out, and new strategies have been outlined, and we'll see if those can improve things.

What we are currently now left with on this thread is a couple of people trying to have the last word and claiming victory, which is simply destructive, to everyone.

The main issues have been resolved, a word to one or two of you is not now to be so sceptical or indeed to take things quite so serious; you've seen that with sensible discussion, and identification of the problems and feasible solutions that everyone here has a brain, and a sense of what is realistic; but to think that anyone is going to come out on the moral highground here; I'm sorry but some of you are just too stubborn to give up; others will just ask another question, which is likely to cause a reaction.

I've said before, lets get back to what we do best, and help people out.

Now look, I'm going to lock this thread as we're getting people who are trying to be reasonable caught in crossfire, which is unfair. Any threads regarding this whole thing in future will be removed - not through denial that theres been problems, but in recognition of the fact that if those with the inflated egos left everyone to implement new policy without creating a flashpoint, then this place will slowly get back to some sense of normality.

Subscribers; this is not D&D vs 51 - continue to post in there with responses that go along with the debates in D&D.

D&D Regulars - at the least don't shrug off what the subscribers say when they do post in D&D - despite your feelings on this series of events, if a subbie makes a good point in D&D be positive.

THREAD LOCKED
    - Thread went down hill after 2 pages

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.