ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    I support free speech
    You monster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    But why do you like them?
    What's not to like?

They are far superior to ass, which in itself is damn good.

You can squish them like plasticine.

They also make good face cushions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.olk)
    Some of the things you listed are extremley orthodox, archaic views from the Old testament. These don't have to be adhered to so strictly today-times have changed but there are certain things that stand. Homosexuality is wrong, so is murder, rape etc.
    Using the Bible as a justification is the only way I know-I can't justify my views without using the source of where they come from. Sorry.
    Strictly speaking, the new testament says nothing, at all, about homosexuality. So when you say "These don't have to be adhered to so strictly today-times have changed". Yes, you are correct? Things have changed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    What's not to like?

No

No.

same with ass?

ReputationRep:
    What's not to like?

Why do you like to squish them?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you like to squish them?
    Stress relief

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)

same with ass?
    You'd technically be eating it then, in which case no, I don't go there.

ReputationRep:
    That the western world has destroyed everything and is the root to all hatred in the world, it is just blaming all it can for the position we're in today.

ReputationRep:
    Stress relief
    Lmfaaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo LOL.
    Cool.

You can do the same with asses.

ReputationRep:
    Beyonce may be hot but SHE IS WAY OVERRATED.

ReputationRep:
    You'd technically be eating it then, in which case no, I don't go there.
    Live to serve.

Eat ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    "authoritarian liberalism" is imposing liberal values via authoritarianism. that isn't an oxymoron. "classical liberalism" is not modern liberalism. modern liberalism is more towards the authoritarian side, i.e. forcing american christian companies to bake cakes for gay weddings for instance, or to enforce racial quotas for administrations' employees.
    I consider my views closely aligned with those of classical liberalism, and I agree with "forcing" them to provide their service and not arbitrarily discriminate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asiimov)
    I consider my views closely aligned with those of classical liberalism, and I agree with "forcing" them to provide their service and not arbitrarily discriminate.
    then you're not a classical liberal, quite simply - you prefer consequentialism over individual rights, seeing as if there's any kind of "individual right" in this case, it's with the individual's property rights. they have the right to their business, but the gay couple have no such right because they don't own the company. it's ultimately a question of this, and the right to freedom of contract, meaning that individuals don't have to deal with anybody they don't want to - part of capitalism is being free to sell only to whose you have an interest in selling to - if a nazi walked into my shop and I didn't want my goods to aid a nazi, then that's my right. it's not even a matter of violence, it's a matter of conflicting ideology and my will to discriminate against them for my own purposes. so this applies in the situation of a gay couple and a christian cake company. you could say the same thing with a communist christmas card company not designing a libertarian a christmas card.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    then you're not a classical liberal, quite simply - you prefer consequentialism than individual rights, seeing as if there's any kind of "individual right" in this case, it's with the individual's property rights. they have the right to their business, but the gay couple have no such right because they don't own the company. it's ultimately a question of this, and the right to freedom of contract, meaning that individuals don't have to deal with anybody they don't want to - part of capitalism is being free to sell only to whose you have an interest in selling to - if a nazi walked into my shop and I didn't want my goods to aid a nazi, then that's my right. it's not even a matter of violence, it's a matter of conflicting ideology and my will to discriminate against them for my own purposes. so this applies in the situation of a gay couple and a christian cake company. you could say the same thing with a communist christmas card company not designing a libertarian a christmas card.
    I didn't say I was one although I normally identify as such. An individual has the right to freedom of association and contract, a business does not. Not only is it considered immoral by most people to discriminate on factors that someone can't change based on mere thoughts, but it's also illegal at this point anyway. So regardless of whether you think the law is right or not, they broke it.

A communist business not manufacturing a card that looks a certain way is a business choice not an act of discrimination. Nobody is being discriminated against by being refused service, it is simply a product they do not offer. The cake is something that shop sells and unless they have a valid reason under the law, it is illegal for them to not sell to someone because of their sexuality. And I believe that is a just and moral law.

ReputationRep:
    Nah m8 I'm with you.

I like small boobs.

And large, and oval, and average.

I just like boobs in general tbh.
    Yeah boobs in general are great but the small ones are just better somehow.

Somehow this caused a disagreement when I tried to tell people on a random online game that I preferred smaller ones.
    Why do you like boobs?
    Why do you enjoy the taste of good food?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    You monster.
    well a lot of people don't to be honest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)

Somehow this caused a disagreement when I tried to tell people on a random online game that I preferred smaller ones.

Oh, do boobs have a taste?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)

Huge boobs are a turnoff in most cases for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asiimov)
    I didn't say I was one although I normally identify as such. An individual has the right to freedom of association and contract, a business does not. Not only is it considered immoral by most people to discriminate on factors that someone can't change based on mere thoughts, but it's also illegal at this point anyway. So regardless of whether you think the law is right or not, they broke it.
    1) a business is owned by an individual, or individuals, though. what's the objective or special difference? property is an extension of an individual's personality - it's something that just randomly exists
    2) lying and offending people is also immoral - should those things be criminal? yeah exactly.
    3) who cares if it's illegal now? that's a terrible excuse. weed is illegal now - do you think that's a sensible reason to *keep* it illegal? via an argument from authority? or an argument from tradition? these arguments aren't in line with classical liberalism.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, do boobs have a taste?
    God damn it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The point is some things you like don't have a particular rational explanation behind it, you just like them because they're good to you.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.