Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why did God allow 50 innocent people to get murdered? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kemalasik)
    All Abrahamic religions believe the same God.
    The religions are totally different. The expectations are totally different. Islam doesn't believe in the Messiah. They believe he's come and gone. Christians and Jews are waiting on the Messiah but the Messiah they're both waiting on are two totally different beings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    What do you mean "could have stopped?" God isn't a genie waiting to pop out when **** goes wrong. Everyone has their judgement day. Those people who are murdered or killed before their time could be angels. See how we're discussing this, see how everyone's getting upset on and off here about this? See how this Omar Mateen guy is being demonised as he should be? See how it's albeit making people question or defend religion, question God? Also which God are you on about? The Islamic one, the Christian one, the Judeo one...? I'm sure the Christian God and the Muslim god etc have different ideas how to run the place, so I'm sure where one might see wrong the other may or may not. It's your CHOICE which you believe is running the place, and you now have "rules" to follow. You break them>>consequence. That's it.
    It's near enough the same God, with a few tweaks here and there.

Let me put this into terms you may understand. Christianity was based on Judaism and Islam is based on both of those religions. Despite the differences, it's all Abrahamic Monotheism, which in the context, means it's pointless trying to dispute which one an atheist is referring to.

ReputationRep:
    Why is Cremated Spatula quoting me when I've not responded and probably won't ever respond again because he has nothing useful to say...?

Ah well, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The religions are totally different. The expectations are totally different. Islam doesn't believe in the Messiah. They believe he's come and gone. Christians and Jews are waiting on the Messiah but the Messiah they're both waiting on are two totally different beings.
    Bro, don't try to tell me what my religion believes. Okay?
    Islam believes that Jesus will return to Earth before the end of times, so the Messiah as you say. Christians are also waiting for Jesus, okay?
    Also, Jews think that Jesus wasn't the Messiah which is why they are still waiting. Okay?

ReputationRep:
    See. Why are you mentioning Baptism? The murderer is Islamic and he did this as a martyr after joining ISIL. So if anything the MOSQUES are cheering. REAL Baptists if you even know any probably aren't happy that children of God have been killed out of hatred, especially when the Bible SAYS hate not the sinner.
    What makes you think Mosques are cheering? Do you think we are idiots? Why would we be happy about our religion's reputation being damaged by a member of ISIS?
    This just shows how ignorant and uneducated you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayce.x)
    x
    and Aurora_Boreal1s

Do you know about the Messiah? The Messiah is THE mediator and one who intervenes, as you two wonder why God hasn't yet. When the time is right, the Messiah will come to finally stop the madness basically and save everyone who deserves it from horrible things happening again to them :yes: But God SENDS the Messiah. Trust those people who died for no reason and didn't do much wrong on Earth and asked for forgiveness if they did, they're in heaven even if you don't believe in that. Heaven is better than sinning and suffering here. You don't have to believe...but that's the idea and why not believe that?

ReputationRep:
    Why is Cremated Spatula quoting me when I've not responded and probably won't ever respond again because he has nothing useful to say...?

Ah well, anyway.
    Above speaking to me now, are you? How kind, I wish you'd done it sooner.

ReputationRep:
    What makes you think Mosques are cheering? Do you think we are idiots? Why would we be happy about our religion's reputation being damaged by a member of ISIS?
    This just shows how ignorant and uneducated you are.
    What makes that guy think Baptists are cheering? I was facing ignorance with ignorance to show him he ignorant he was in the beginning for saying anyone would be cheering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Above speaking to me now, are you? How kind, I wish you'd done it sooner.
    In that case, hey how are you, Mr. Atheist? If you wanted me to stop speaking to you all you had to so was...stop. Not that you had anything useful to say. Look back and read how useless your posts were. Then show them to your mum so she can be proud.

ReputationRep:
    What makes that guy think Baptists are cheering? I was facing ignorance with ignorance to show him he ignorant he was in the beginning for saying anyone would be cheering.
    Let's be clear, you said Mosques would be cheering. You can't face ignorance with ignorance and expect success.

ReputationRep:
    Bro, don't try to tell me what my religion believes. Okay?
    Islam believes that Jesus will return to Earth before the end of times, so the Messiah as you say. Christians are also waiting for Jesus, okay?
    Also, Jews think that Jesus wasn't the Messiah which is why they are still waiting. Okay?
    Why...are you pointing these obvious facts that I never said weren't facts out to me right now.

ReputationRep:
    Let's be clear, you said Mosques would be cheering. You can't face ignorance with ignorance and expect success.
    Let's be clear, he said baptists would be cheering. I said if anything Muslims would be the ones cheering, since this Omar guy supposedly did this for his religion, after "pledging allegiance" to ISIL. If that's true, then yes, there's a mosque somewhere happy that he did as they told him to? In any event, it was sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    In that case, hey how are you, Mr. Atheist? If you wanted me to stop speaking to you all you had to so was...stop. Not that you had anything useful to say. Look back and read how useless your posts were. Then show them to your mum so she can be proud.
    What a pathetic and immature response.

Wrong, I wanted you to have not spoken to me at all, in the first place.
    You make it sound as if I wanted to interact with you, you questioned me, I answered, you misunderstood and argued, I tried to point that out, you got p*ssy and you still are...

Now go and read about why you're an idiot for asking which God they were referring to.

ReputationRep:
    Why...are you pointing these obvious facts that I never said weren't facts out to me right now.
    You are literally burning my brain cells. You claimed that Islam believes that the Messiah had come and gone. Islam also believes that Jesus is the Messiah and he will return to Earth.
    You are saying that Islam, Judaism and Christianity are completely different but if you went to the original basis of these three religions, they pretty much state similar things.

ReputationRep:
    Let's be clear, he said baptists would be cheering. I said if anything Muslims would be the ones cheering, since this Omar guy supposedly did this for his religion, after "pledging allegiance" to ISIL. If that's true, then yes, there's a mosque somewhere happy that he did as they told him to? In any event, it was sarcasm.
    No, according to him, ISIS told him to do it and therefore he went and killed those people. No true mosque would tell someone to kill gays, especially in a country where Shariah law is not applied.

ReputationRep:
    You are literally burning my brain cells. You claimed that Islam believes that the Messiah had come and gone. Islam also believes that Jesus is the Messiah and he will return to Earth.
    You are saying that Islam, Judaism and Christianity are completely different but if you went to the original basis of these three religions, they pretty much state similar things.
    Not the same though. Which is my point. Why you're arguing with me right now to nitpick similarities that I've never denounced or claimed to be anything otherwise ...is still beyond me! The Jews I already said are waiting for the Messiah. But yes, it's a different Messiah. Because the Christian Messiah...is Jesus. Jews don't believe...Jesus...is the savior...do you need help understanding simple things? And why you're popping in to cause confusion is a mystery.

ReputationRep:
    No, according to him, ISIS told him to do it and therefore he went and killed those people. No true mosque would tell someone to kill gays, especially in a country where Shariah law is not applied.
    So Shariah law would say to do this? Shariah is an aspect of Islam...and now you can conveniently say "no true Mosque" would want this. But when I say no true Baptist would want this, you wanna argue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    What a pathetic and immature response.
    Ironic.

ReputationRep:
    Not the same though. Which is my point. Why you're arguing with me right now to nitpick similarities that I've never denounced or claimed to be anything otherwise ...is still beyond me! The Jews I already said are waiting for the Messiah. But yes, it's a different Messiah. Because the Christian Messiah...is Jesus. Jews don't believe...Jesus...is the savior...do you need help understanding simple things? And why you're popping in to cause confusion is a mystery.
    You said that Islam believes the Messiah has come and gone. I stated that Islam doesn't believe that.
    You stated that Christians, Jews and Muslims had different Gods. I said they all believe in the same God.

ReputationRep:
    INCONSISTENT TRIANGLE
    ALL GOOD / ALL KNOWING / ALL POWERFUL

EVIL EXISTS BECAUSE HE IS ONLY TWO OF THOSE THREE THINGS. THIS IS YEAR 9 RS.

But the other analogy i believe is the theory of Augustine that goes a little something like Without evil there is no good. Like how without darkness there is no light.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.