Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Fair enough, I'm not going to get into a protracted row with you about who is a bigger hypocrite because tbh it's a waste of time and would go in circles.

Well, you clearly have time to write long-winded statements, and to name just one senior member, Jammy for example clearly has time to follow the news in detail and to post about it several times a day in the bar as well as debating, so :dontknow:
    You realise that it's kind of my responsibility to react to the MoNC and defend the government regardless of what I should be doing, right?

JD has a finished statement ready to go tomorrow but yeah, if only he devoted as much energy to writing bills.

ReputationRep:
    I wish you'd just stopped at "Let's address the ridiculous stuff" - before that it sounded reasoned, fair and acknowledging your problems but accounting for the exams resolving to fix them. It should have ended there, that would be appropriate to say as PM.

The personal attacks in the second section are needless. Deflecting your arguments by highlighting the reshuffles in our party is irrelevant. DmcG is spot on in that your response to the crisis, supported by your own Tory representative was incredibly arrogant.

I don't back the VONC because we AS A HOUSE should raise the bar by which we judge one, including now.

I'm glad you've accepted your failings, and I await your post-exam acts, but that last section leaves a bitter taste.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Your lack of counterarguments is a clear proof of that. :yy: You're now officially a bigger troll than Aph, congratulations.
    And you're saying other people are hypocrites. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    And you're saying other people are hypocrites. :rolleyes:
    And you're saying next to nothing because you'd rather not **** up anything else.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    And you're saying next to nothing because you'd rather not **** up anything else.
    No. I'm saying very little because quite frankly, I don't have the time or desire to respond to your facetious comments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    I wish you'd just stopped at "Let's address the ridiculous stuff" - before that it sounded reasoned, fair and acknowledging your problems but accounting for the exams resolving to fix them. It should have ended there, that would be appropriate to say as PM.

The personal attacks in the second section are needless. Deflecting your arguments by highlighting the reshuffles in our party is irrelevant. DmcG is spot on in that your response to the crisis, supported by your own Tory representative was incredibly arrogant.

I don't back the VONC because we AS A HOUSE should raise the bar by which we judge one, including now.

I'm glad you've accepted your failings, and I await your post-exam acts, but that last section leaves a bitter taste.
    Yeah, I've been thinking about erasing the whole section but when someone like that throws **** at me, I still feel the need to throw it back. I trust you see the obvious hypocrisy in the MoNC and believe it was the response the proposer and his seconders deserved, whereas the first section was addressed to the rest of the House.

ReputationRep:
    No. I'm saying very little because quite frankly, I don't have the time or desire to respond to your facetious comments.
    Then perhaps you should have started by not submitting your hypocritical MoNC in the first place. Seriously, you should learn to admit at least some of your shortcomings. I've admitted our performance so far hasn't been satisfactory in terms of bill production but you seem to think you're infallible, which is frankly irritating. You can't expect people to take you seriously with that attitude…
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Then perhaps you should have started by not submitting your hypocritical MoNC in the first place. Seriously, you should learn to admit at least some of your shortcomings. I've admitted our performance so far hasn't been satisfactory in terms of bill production but you seem to think you're infallible, which is frankly irritating. You can't expect people to take you seriously with that attitude…
    I'm not quite sure why people take you seriously with your racist, homophobic and generaly discriminatory attitude. I find it highly repulsive.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not quite sure why people take you seriously with your racist, homophobic and generaly discriminatory attitude. I find it highly repulsive.
    Whoa, I haven't heard these accusations in a long time! :laugh: Don't worry, life will eventually lecture you.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    You realise that it's kind of my responsibility to react to the MoNC and defend the government regardless of what I should be doing, right?

JD has a finished statement ready to go tomorrow but yeah, if only he devoted as much energy to writing bills.
    Yeah, but point being that even when very close to exams you have clearly managed to find time to prioritise MHoC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Yeah, but point being that even when very close to exams you have clearly managed to find time to prioritise MHoC.
    … which only attests to my dedication. This takes a lot less time than writing a good bill and I can switch back and forth between learning and this to feel less guilty about wasting time.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    And I think this is the modern equivalent of Godwin's Law, I suggest you stop now because when all you have left is buzzwords like this attacking the other party it would suggest little substantive argument remains.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This is a completely unsatisfactory response and quite frankly highlights how narrow-minded and ignorant you are.
    Thanks for that.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Thanks for that.
    My apologies. At least you realised the message wasn't intended for you.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    FFS if you want to rep the statement, rep me, not Fez! :awesome:
    Just gonna quote this in response to the long thing: the reason that you could not find anything defensive from me for the last MoNC was because I think I voted in favour of it.

Either way, the main reason I seconded this is because I felt it would serve as a kick up the ass, which seemed necessary. Hopefully it has served it's purpose and output will pick up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Just gonna quote this in response to the long thing: the reason that you could not find anything defensive from me for the last MoNC was because I think I voted in favour of it.

Either way, the main reason I seconded this is because I felt it would serve as a kick up the ass, which seemed necessary. Hopefully it has served it's purpose and output will pick up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then it's good to know you're not one of his goons! Yeah, point taken, and I hope the feedback will be strong motivation.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Andy98)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It will hardly serve as a kick up the are when there is no credibility, a threat without credibility does more harm than good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Then it's good to know you're not one of his goons! Yeah, point taken, and I hope the feedback will be strong motivation.
    I am nobody's goon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To give the government some chance to show they are active, can I suggest that the maximum time between submission of this MofNC and the vote on it is used. So far some activity has taken place- let us see if some government bills can be forthcoming.

I have on one previous occasion seen a VofNC lead to a period without a government a la Belgium, which without an increase in present govenment activity, seems a better option. We could then consider party bills on the lines promised by the members of the government in their individual party manifestos.

I recall last year that ít is exam season´ being criticised by Nigel Farage MEP as no excuse for inactivity. So as a member of the government, perhaps he is one of the government MPs who could increase the govenment#s activity.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    To give the government some chance to show they are active, can I suggest that the maximum time between submission of this MofNC and the vote on it is used. So far some activity has taken place- let us see if some government bills can be forthcoming.

I have on one previous occasion seen a VofNC lead to a period without a government a la Belgium, which without an increase in present govenment activity, seems a better option. We could then consider party bills on the lines promised by the members of the government in their individual party manifestos.

I recall last year that ít is exam season´ being criticised by Nigel Farage MEP as no excuse for inactivity. So as a member of the government, perhaps he is one of the government MPs who could increase the govenment#s activity.
    Agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.