Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Decided to leave Islam after Orlando attack. AMA. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Well I can't possibly prove it out of a million posts to go through. Just know I've seen it. Majority of TSR's active users (regular and occasional) I promise seem to be Muslim. And all over TSR I've seen people insult all sorts of religions. There's so much debate and beef with Hindus and Muslims. I'm sure insults have been thrown from Muslims, come on bro! lol
    Probably, I agree. But still, you shouldn't fight it by doing the same to others, it's hypocritical...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    What IndianMuslim said in reply to the other poster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-mHAI6k0do
    Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrah! That's why we should read the books and find our own understandings... SOMEtimes, they can mess up, but how many times has he made a 'mistake'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    Will do famalam, if I catch those b*** a** h**s I will slap them with my sandals and fix them up!
    That ain't peaceful bro!

(Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    LOOLZ Yhhh brooo, im so bored&tryna revise, wbu?
    Filling out some CVs ini

ReputationRep:
    That ain't peaceful bro!
    OH well... Then I shall purify them, by praying for their forgiveness and so they can see the truth.
    DUNNNAH!

ReputationRep:
    Filling out some CVs ini
    Oh cool cool, lookin' for a job right?

(Original post by mariah2011)
    "Believing" and knowing the truth are two completely different things. Believing the things on the media aren't true. Studying Islam through reading the Qur'an will enable you to gain an insight to what Islam is actually about and how it's not a religion of hate and oppression and is in fact the opposite. The media says Islam is a religion of hate and oppression therefore you're being influenced by the media which clearly is biased.
    Do you know what a non sequitur is? :erm:
    It's possible to share an opinion/insight with a person or entity without being influenced by them. Or do you also deny that both Newton and Leibniz could have developed calculus independently of each other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've chosen to leave the Islamic faith following the attack on the gay club 4 days ago.
    Peace,
    The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said:"There will come a time when holding on to your Iman (belief) will be like holding on to hot coals" {Tirmidhi} ... in the face of modernity, innovations and the constant attacks on our religion and way of life.
    Brother/Sister; I know the Qu'ran condemns homosexuality but so does Christianity and other religions. Islam is perfect but Muslims are not. They commit mistakes and become misguided. Do not leave your faith over one idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star80)
    Peace,
    The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said:"There will come a time when holding on to your Iman (belief) will be like holding on to hot coals" {Tirmidhi} ... in the face of modernity, innovations and the constant attacks on our religion and way of life.
    Brother/Sister; I know the Qu'ran condemns homosexuality but so does Christianity and other religions. Islam is perfect but Muslims are not. They commit mistakes and become misguided. Do not leave your faith over one idiot.
    Contradiction at it's finest:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cakey_101)
    It doesn't, but neither does any other religion tbh, so why pick out Islam out of all the others?
    Because we're talking about the Qur'an here.

And in that post I said "Most religions are" so I know most religions don't like homosexuality. It's just that Islam is the subject here.

(Original post by WarmEye)
    Next thing you know you'll hear Muslims claim Islam led the fight for women's rights lol.
    Somebody actually did claim something like that on another thread about the Orlando shooting. I think it was something like 'the human rights you have in the West came from the Quran.' The response was appropriately incredulous.

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool cool, lookin' for a job right?
    Yeaaa lol

And I lost my usb stick and searched round the whole house just now, well in everyone's rooms and guess where it was mate :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    :facepalm:

PRSOM. :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:
    I'm not exactly sure what the facepalm is for?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not exactly sure what the facepalm is for?
    It's how the star80 should feel for saying Islam is perfect; I was agreeing with you it's a contradiction...

ReputationRep:
    It's how the star80 should feel for saying Islam is perfect; I was agreeing with you it's a contradiction...
    oh haha, I'm really slow

ReputationRep:
    oh haha, I'm really slow
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeaaa lol

And I lost my usb stick and searched round the whole house just now, well in everyone's rooms and guess where it was mate :nothing:
    LOL, cool Awwwhh sad x Lost all your work then? loool where? acc lemme guess, in the toilet?

ReputationRep:
    LOL, cool Awwwhh sad x Lost all your work then? loool where? acc lemme guess, in the toilet?
    Yea fingers crossed all day to get a job and I'm learning how to type a CV up and all :\

And it were right here...in my jacket pocket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've chosen to leave the Islamic faith following the attack on the gay club 4 days ago.
    what a retartded reason

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.