On their website
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by returnmigrant
Who said, and in what context?

They said if they recieve a high volume it will be delayed

I did AS in Computing, ICT ,Pure Mathematics and Further Mathematics but I didn't do very well on these subjects so I ended up with EEEU respectively. My college told me that A Levels were not for me and offered me BTEC National Extended Diploma in IT because they knew that I really enjoyed programming and now I am predicted to get D*D*D* in BTEC National Extended Diploma in IT. I have an A in GCSE Maths.

What do you think whether or not I would get an offer for BSc Computer Science and is it worth applying to Bristol. I know that i will get very good reference and have a very good personal statement (said to me by my tutors). They say on their website D*DD + Test for BTEC applicants

Thanks
Original post by mahmzo
They said if they recieve a high volume it will be delayed

Original post by mahmzo
On their website

WHERE on the website - ie. post the weblink.
Original post by prog7795
I am predicted to get D*D*D* in BTEC National Extended Diploma in IT. I have an A in GCSE Maths.

What do you think whether or not I would get an offer for BSc Computer Science and is it worth applying to Bristol. I know that i will get very good reference and have a very good personal statement (said to me by my tutors). They say on their website D*DD + Test for BTEC applicants

If you meet the admissions requirements then apply. It might sound a bit obvious but there is no other way of finding out if you will get an offer or not.
WHERE on the website - ie. post the weblink.

its there

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/applicants/applied/

We aim to make a decision within five weeks of receiving an application. However, we receive a high volume of applications which means that sometimes it can take slightly longer to make a decision, and we may place your application on hold until later in the cycle. If this is the case we will email you to let you know.
Original post by marion771
its there

We aim to make a decision within five weeks of receiving an application. However, we receive a high volume of applications which means that sometimes it can take slightly longer to make a decision, and we may place your application on hold until later in the cycle. If this is the case we will email you to let you know.

This means precisely what it says - AIMS. That does not mean WILL.

And it goes on to say that your application could be put on hold beyond this. That is what happens to the vast majority of applications. Few people will get a decision within 5 weeks - which by the way, can also be No, so be careful what you wish for.
Original post by EmilyJade1999
My school doesn't send our applications till December which worries me as there are only about 20 places on the course 😬

Are you sure that just isn't the deadline?? I think if you finished your application before then they'd probably send it off before December
Applied for biochemistry with medical biochemistry. I'm predicted A*AA in Chemistry, Biology and Economics. I have 1A* 7A's 2B's at GCSE.
Anyone got an offer for their course yet???
Only mature applicants get interviewed for Law. [And no offers will be made until LNAT essays are processed.]

Thank you so much!!
Original post by marion771
its there

This means precisely what it says - AIMS. That does not mean WILL.

And it goes on to say that your application could be put on hold beyond this. That is what happens to the vast majority of applications. Few people will get a decision within 5 weeks - which by the way, can also be No, so be careful what you wish for.

I wouldn't worry. I know it's hard; I applied in October last year, and didn't get my offer until March. I saw offers pouring in for people on here, and it was hard to not get disheartened. But like returnmigrant has said; they won't run out of offers. Applying any later than someone else, as long as it's before the deadline of course, gives you just as much chance as anyone else. (Don't forget, unis tend to offer more places than they intend to fill, as they're aware they won't be first choice for many who apply)
Anyone here received an offer for MEng/BSc Computer Science yet?
Just got an offer for Physics :smile:
Anyone recieved an offer for the MEng in Aerospace Engineering yet?
Anyone got an offer? What day did you send it off?
Original post by hellomynameisr
Just got an offer for Physics :smile:

What day did you send it off. What were your predicted?
Original post by mahmzo
What day did you send it off. What were your predicted?

Sent it off on Oct 13th. Predicted A*A*AA in maths, physics, eco and fm respectively.
Reply 197
My daughter just received an offer for Biology - sent her app off last Thursday, acknowledged by Bristol on Friday.
Original post by hellomynameisr
Sent it off on Oct 13th. Predicted A*A*AA in maths, physics, eco and fm respectively.

Hmm... i also sent mine on october 13th... i applied for aero engineering though.

I may get a reply tomorrow...
Original post by mahmzo
Hmm... i also sent mine on october 13th... i applied for aero engineering though.

I may get a reply tomorrow...

Yeah don't worry about it, offers will come when they come. What are your predicted grades?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending