Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking 47 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keynes24)
    I didn't do the paper and different students find different parts of the syllabus easier. To get high marks on question 4 it requires more than just a few keywords from A2 but if you find policies easy then it was a good choice for you.
    i wonder if they reward higher than 18 since i am always capped on 18ish marks for the essays. and 13-14.... out of 15...although my teacher refuses to give anyone full marks :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    I'm thinking 47 for an A
    woah thats high, all time high has been 46, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamez)
    i wonder if they reward higher than 18 since i am always capped on 18ish marks for the essays. and 13-14.... out of 15...although my teacher refuses to give anyone full marks :/
    I am assuming you are referring solely to your teacher marking. 18 out of 20 is lack of a developed conclusion and 13 or 14 may indicate limited application. If your answer is correct and you meet the criteria you will get high marks.

ReputationRep:
    I am assuming you are referring solely to your teacher marking. 18 out of 20 is lack of a developed conclusion and 13 or 14 may indicate limited application. If your answer is correct and you meet the criteria you will get high marks.
    yeah i am referring to my school teacher's marking. actually i predicted pretty much all the questions apart from definition questions so i am hoping for an A* on f585....and prolly high A or near A* in f583 although section A wasn't as good as section B. did u do f583 or f584? how was it? what do you expect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamez)
    yeah i am referring to my school teacher's marking. actually i predicted pretty much all the questions apart from definition questions so i am hoping for an A* on f585....and prolly high A or near A* in f583 although section A wasn't as good as section B. did u do f583 or f584? how was it? what do you expect?
    I didn't take the papers, well done with your exams

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me what that cost question was asking again? Think I messed it up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Can someone tell me what that cost question was asking again? Think I messed it up?
    Explain the difference between the average total cost and the marginal cost of broadcasting major football matches.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't take the papers, well done with your exams
    ooh are you a uni student? thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think the questions were:

1a. Calculate the cost of each European game [2]
    Answer: 2. something million a game

b. Explain the difference between the average total cost and the marginal cost of broadcasting major football matches. [3]

c. Apart from TV Sport licenses, explain one Barrier to entry for Sports Broadcasters [3]

d. Using the theory of economic rent, analyse why top Premier League footballers receive high wages [4]

e. Comment on the extent to which selling the TV Licences to BT and SKY cause Market failure [5]

f. To what extent is the Sports Broadcasting industry a Monopoly [8]

Essays:

2a.

b.

3a.
    Factors which affect the elasticity demand of labour

b.

4a.
    Explain how LMF impacts the Labour Market [15]
    b.
    To what extent does government intervention solve the problems arisen from Labour Market Failure?[20]
    (something like that)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    I think the questions were:

1a. Calculate the cost of each European game [2]
    Answer: 2. something million a game

b. Explain the difference between the average total cost and the marginal cost of broadcasting major football matches. [3]

c. Apart from TV Sport licenses, explain one Barrier to entry for Sports Broadcasters [3]

d. Using the theory of economic rent, analyse why top Premier League footballers receive high wages [4]

e. Comment on the extent to which selling the TV Licences to BT and SKY cause Market failure [5]

f. To what extent is the Sports Broadcasting industry a Monopoly [8]

Essays:

2a.

b.

3a.
    Factors which affect the elasticity demand of labour

b.

4a.
    Explain how LMF impacts the Labour Market [15]
    b.
    To what extent does government intervention solve the problems arisen from Labour Market Failure?[20]
    (something like that)
    haha why did you just answer 1 question :P

ReputationRep:
    for 1c could I put vertical integration i.e. the cost of supplies required for production (for example cost of cameras and technical equipment) as another barrier to entry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangutanswag)
    for 1c could I put vertical integration i.e. the cost of supplies required for production (for example cost of cameras and technical equipment) as another barrier to entry
    This is a valid barrier to entry, if well explained. Should be OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piers456)
    A monopoly is 100% market share, these were two firms in the market and so is an oligopoly/duopoly
    A monopoly is when a firm holds atleast 25% market share and no other firm single handedly holds more than 25%. If multiple firms hold above 25%, then oligopolies/duopolies are formed.*

100% market share indicates pure monopoly.*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.