Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    Oh ffs they're not going to come here, wake up
    Why wont they come? Why did companies like morgan stanley come. Also this brings back to my initial point. Neither of us knows whats going to happen.A lot of people on here thought we were definitely going to remain but look what happened. So we cant really say anything especially since its only Day 1

ReputationRep:
    All of the muppets on here claiming there will be Independence referenda...

Northern Ireland: The main political Party (DUP) strongly backed a DUP vote. Actually, Remain ONLY JUST won. They will not be leaving the UK or Sterling (and forced to adopt the Euro) any time soon, especially given Sweden, France, Germany and the Netherlands also want a referendum.

Scotland: Yes, Remain won everywhere here unsurprisingly. However, the pathetic SNP lost their majority in the Scottish Parliament to the Scottish Conservatives, so there will be no political mandate for a referendum any time soon. Even if there were one, I doubt they'd want it, given we have no obligation to let them keep Sterling and they'll be screwed with Euro or a separate currency.

Secondly, all of the muppets on here claiming our economy will be worse off than anywhere else:

In the very first day at 14:27 (as Japanese and Chinese investors in particular seize their opportunity now we're coming out of the EU):

UK FTSE 100: -3.73% and rising
    German Dax: -6.60%
    French Cac-40: -7.98%

I must admit, I did enjoy seeing the French stock market suffer well over double our own!

I'm ecstatic with the referendum result, it is a brilliant day for democracy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zadkiel)
    Woke up with Brexit...

Markets are falling, Pound is falling to the lowest value in more than 40 years!

Reports say Northern Ireland and Scotland will vote to leave the UK.
    Markets will prefer to trade with EU rather than UK and EU already reported they won't negotiate with UK a trade deal because "out means out".

Well done everyone... Well done Brits, today will start the ENGLISH independence day. Good luck with jobs - good luck because we will start getting the jobs the emigrants took, such as construction workers, McDonalds, etc.

Good luck to us all... the future won't be bright and a recession will come.
    European markets are plunging by greater margins than the FTSE, so it means that Junckers will have to lower his tone because investors think that the EU will be more hurt by Brexit than the UK.

ReputationRep:
    It might, it might not. Companies are already moving out of the UK.
    People worried about the effect on a jobs need to get a grip. Leaving the EU is actually seen by many small businesses as a positive thing . The very same small businesses that drive the economy.

More to the point (see the above link) - job experts are agreed very little will change in the way of employment law in the short to medium-term, so all this hysteria from people who don't know what they're talking about is really quite amusing.

What's good for the multinationals may not always be good for the SMEs that drive our economy and have been screwed over by the inefficient bureaucracy of the economically neo-liberal EU. The EU is heavily biased to big business and controlled by powerful corporate lobbyists who don't give a monkeys about income inequality, unemployment, mass immigration and so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    All of the muppets on here claiming there will be Independence referenda...

Northern Ireland: The main political Party (DUP) strongly backed a DUP vote. Actually, Remain ONLY JUST won. They will not be leaving the UK or Sterling (and forced to adopt the Euro) any time soon, especially given Sweden, France, Germany and the Netherlands also want a referendum.

Scotland: Yes, Remain won everywhere here unsurprisingly. However, the pathetic SNP lost their majority in the Scottish Parliament to the Scottish Conservatives, so there will be no political mandate for a referendum any time soon. Even if there were one, I doubt they'd want it, given we have no obligation to let them keep Sterling and they'll be screwed with Euro or a separate currency.

Secondly, all of the muppets on here claiming our economy will be worse off than anywhere else:

In the very first day at 14:27 (as Japanese and Chinese investors in particular seize their opportunity now we're coming out of the EU):

UK FTSE 100: -3.73% and rising
    German Dax: -6.60%
    French Cac-40: -7.98%

I must admit, I did enjoy seeing the French stock market suffer well over double our own!

I'm ecstatic with the referendum result, it is a brilliant day for democracy!
    yes - cheering for mutual destruction. very farage-esq. this is the level we now have to deal with.

personally i blame all the lazy 18-25 year old that normally cant be arsed to vote but come out in droves if their benefits are going to be cut. had their turnout been reasonable their in vote would have trounced the largely 40-60 aged exit vote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAFF2400)
    So what will happen to those who live in the UK (for 5+ years) with a European passport?
    Hi,

Are you in this situation?
    I have a German passport but have lived here for a long time. I applied for permanent residency but it was quite expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chakede)
    yes - cheering for mutual destruction. very farage-esq. this is the level we now have to deal with.

personally i blame all the lazy 18-25 year old that normally cant be arsed to vote but come out in droves if their benefits are going to be cut. had their turnout been reasonable their in vote would have trounced the largely 40-60 aged exit vote
    I'm not cheering for mutual destruction. I'm cheering for French destruction lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella909)
    Can't believe we have decided to listen to the likes of Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson and millions of uninformed voters who have no clue about the impact this will have on millions of others, who were voting under the premise we will gain back our 'British Sovereignty.' Truth is it has now been replaced with the uncertainty of political and financial instability.
    And you had a clue?

(Original post by Zadkiel)
    I don't really care, I am moving to Edinburgh anyway and I will do everything I possibly can to make sure Scotland leaves UK and remains in EU.

There won't be UK anymore. There will be United England and Wales, Scotland and Northen Ireland.

Way to go chaps.
    Wales wouldn't leave; that's for certain.

ReputationRep:
    No excuses from the crying Brexiters when our economy shatters and Europe collapses

Europe is certainly fragile is it collapses just because we left [the EU.]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Europe is certainly fragile is it collapses just because we left [the EU.]
    nah we're the ones who will collapse first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atlee123)
    People worried about the effect on a jobs need to get a grip. Leaving the EU is actually seen by many small businesses as a positive thing . The very same small businesses that drive the economy.

More to the point (see the above link) - job experts are agreed very little will change in the way of employment law in the short to medium-term, so all this hysteria from people who don't know what they're talking about is really quite amusing.

What's good for the multinationals may not always be good for the SMEs that drive our economy and have been screwed over by the inefficient bureaucracy of the economically neo-liberal EU. The EU is heavily biased to big business and controlled by powerful corporate lobbyists who don't give a monkeys about income inequality, unemployment, mass immigration and so on.
    I wonder how Germany kept all these strong little companies ... may it be, the British inner policy being the bigger problem as the EU? But, no, that cannot be, those innocent British politicians ...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=XcitingStuart;66075041]And you had a clue?

More of a clue than 51.9% of the country who are completely deluded and thinking only of themselves when they vote 👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megan_Daisy)
    Agreed!! Angry and devasted! Feel some unknowing people were brainwashed 😳
    Exactly!

ReputationRep:
    We really are in a recession now!
    Of course we are not, the markets fell 8% this morning but have already rallied and now only 2.3% down. Shows that this whole thing is purely uncertainty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    European markets are plunging by greater margins than the FTSE, so it means that Junckers will have to lower his tone because investors think that the EU will be more hurt by Brexit than the UK.
    Apparently Arab investors are rubbing their hands, with the Qatari's wanting to buy up Grosvenor Square and whatnot, they see some opportunity in buying up London property. As Financial Times said:

For investors, there is normally a silver-lining to be found somewhere. Simeon Kerr reports that in the Middle East, eyes are turning to a possible buying opportunity in London property.

Some Dubai residents, who are paid in dollar-pegged United Arab Emirates dirhams, believe that the Brexit vote may precipitate weaker UK house prices, especially prime London properties that are a popular investment choice for many Gulf Arabs.

When combined with the sharp decline in sterling, some are now considering purchasing UK real estate. Cluttons, a real estate consultancy, said US dollar or UAE dirham investors would now find the average prime Central London residential asset $96,000 (Dh350,000) less valuable than it was on June 20.

“A silver lining today is that those from the Gulf eyeing up a London residential asset will find it 31 per cent cheaper than it was during the last market peak in Q3 2007, suggesting that we may be on the cusp of seeing a significant resumption in property investment activity in the British capital,” he added.

He expects London houses to retain their appeal as safe haven assets for global investors, alongside other asset classes such as gold.
    http://blogs.ft.com/westminster/live...b6d0784a604d7f

ReputationRep:
    I just dont get how nationalism and pride can cause people to screw themselves over! Baffling really.

p.s. im scottish and the vote breakdown explains it all really. England have doomed us all just to make 'Britain great again'. Lol good luck with that.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Lol. It's really amusing how worried you lot are about the Brexit. I'm so glad that the British people saw through the lies and scare-mongering that the Bremainers tried to spread. This decision will be great for our country and we have got out just in time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Why is it so hard for you lot to simply accept democratic outcomes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed.
    Everyone was given a vote.
    Unfortunately I voted remain and was the other 48%.
    Live to rue the consequences (most likely in the immediate short-term, 1-20 years) or reap the benefits.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Bella909;66076579]
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    And you had a clue?

More of a clue than 51.9% of the country who are completely deluded and thinking only of themselves when they vote 👍
    No, the British public aren't deluded.

Only 48.1% of them.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Windies)
    Agreed.
    Everyone was given a vote.
    Unfortunately I voted remain and was the other 48%.
    Live to rue the consequences (most likely in the immediate short-term, 1-20 years) or reap the benefits.
    Did you mean to say 20, because that's not short term and u would say 1-5 personally, 5-15 things seem broadly like they were yesterday, 15+ hard to say, possibly slightly better, but not much noticeable

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.