The Student Room Group

Congratulations Britain, you played yourself.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pepsi Cola :)
*I'm

Sorry, but why is it so ****? Please elaborate.

Nah, sorry. I'm afraid I can't agree with you on that one. :smile:

Hmmm idk maybe because it's a sample of 1500 when over 70% voted, yeah really representative. Also carried out by YouGov, known for always being off with polls. GG
In reality, it would be an extremely difficult task to group up the 10 million people in the younger generation that there are, and get every single one of those 10 million people to take part in that survey. So the 1500 is just a representation of the 10 million people of the younger generation. So I would argue that that sample is reliable.

The sample was 1500 for all ages, for younger people it was 360ish. Here, take this L
In reality, it would be an extremely difficult task to group up the 10 million people in the younger generation that there are, and get every single one of those 10 million people to take part in that survey. So the 1500 is just a representation of the 10 million people of the younger generation. So I would argue that that sample is reliable.

How can you argue the sample is reliable when there is no information on its nature? If they asked 1500 young people from north England or from London or from Scotland? It can't possibly be reliable unless an even proportion of each constituency, race and class are asked(or at least some what close to) therefore although it can almost definitely be concluded that young people did want to remain I would argue the figures are unreliable and are more than likely an inaccurate representation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
so many people on this website take bait way too easily
Original post by bobb99998
Agreed
- this is why 16 year olds who don't understand the real world can't vote.

Well tbh with you, I think that the whole of the population doesn't understand the 'real world' and the drastic consequences that this referendum will bring. I literally heard people on the radio saying "I'm voting out because otherwise immigrants will take my job." I mean come on! It is FAR more complicated than that! No-one really knew, nor knows, what the hell is going to happen when we do finally leave the EU. So in reality, none of us (not even you with your bigoted and obstinate beliefs) 'understand the real world', pointing towards the fact that the public should not have been allowed to vote in such an important and potentially life-changing referendum.
I mean come on!

its 2016
Original post by alexschmalex
To me, the reason the country (and to further extent the world) is so pathetically messed up IS these old people. We were paying for their mistakes way before the referendum, and now we'll be paying for them much longer. They're the reason we had an oil crisis in the 70s/80s, the arming of terrorist groups in the Middle Americas and Middle East, the Cold War because of an ego contest, the invasion of Iraq, the economic meltdown in the mid/late 2000s that some people still haven't recovered from, and a government that needs to screw its own youth out of a future in order to pay for their 3rd homes in Malta.

That's not even mentioning the classism, xenophobia, racism, greed, pompousness, finger pointing, ignorance, incompetence, and general sense of disjointness that they built this country on and raised us with. The EU was simply used as a scapegoat in order to make people feel like everything that was wrong with this country was the doing of someone else instead of themselves.

Old people are the last ones I'd trust to decide my future for me. Should we take away their vote, no? But when it comes to something that affects my ability to have a good life before mine has even started, I cannot truly see why they should be the ones taking it away from me. But who cares about what I have to say, I'm just an immigrant here to use the system and give nothing back :colondollar:

The older people of this country are not pompous!
Original post by Zargabaath
The oldest people in the country are the ones who've been around in and out of the EU. They're the ones who've seen how it's impacted and changed their country. They're literally eyewitnesses to the entire life of the EU. Surely they're the ones who's opinions we should be taking into account?

And the fact you're trying to remove people's right to vote shows how fascist you are. Trying to shut down people who you think differently to you.

And also if you think all brexiters are becky with 1 GCSE and old people, you need to get tf out of your bubble and try to understand and empathise with those surrounding you a bit more. You're entire post reeks of ignorance.

They're not all, that's true. But we know most Leavers were 50+ years old. Also, we know that 7 out of 10 uni graduates (regardless of age) voted for Remain.

So yes, whilst it is not true that all brexiters are becky with 1 GCSE and old people, they're mostly becky with 1 GCSE and old people.

Sorry not sorry.
Reply 188
Suppose this is what happens when you let the same people who named their Arctic explorer "Boaty McBoatface" decide the future of their country. ****ing morons.
Original post by JordanL_
Alternatively, as people get old they become arrogant and jaded. These are people who think "life experience" makes them more qualified in economics than people with PhDs in economics.

There's also the fact that values have changed. Maybe sovereignty is important to older people, but it's completely worthless to the younger generation. We've traded away their economic stability for something that means nothing to them.

Jesus Jordan.
Old people shouldn't be allowed to vote huh?

Maybe they just need some higher education. Send them to Marxist indoctrination camps!

Old people contributed and built this country. Some of them fought for this country. They've spent their lives working and paying tax. They care about this country, they care about the future of their children, grandchildren etc

You live in a fantasy world where EU is great because it prevents another world war...

If that is true why does the EU want an army, supposedly to combat a possible Russian threat? That'll be another war...

EU exceptionalism. We know what is best, we'll impose our values on you by force is necessary.....
Original post by PrincessZara
We are all gonna suffer now because Becky with her 1 GCSE thinks an immigrant with a medical degree is going to steal her job. #DamnBecky

Congratulations Britain, you played yourself...Nobody over 65 should be allowed to vote, cause it's not their future.

No. No. It's definitely their future too. At least those old people need beautiful graveyards.

1466822249846.jpg

Easy dude...easy... Those old jingoists don't let UK go to Hell. They just don't like strangers from other countries.

1466822281916.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoeyTr
Suppose this is what happens when you let the same people who named their Arctic explorer "Boaty McBoatface" decide the future of their country. ****ing morons.

Those were the people voting remain lol.

Hahah I like that :wink:
ok...then. You really are a prime example of cringe. Move.

Why you soooo mad, it's Saturday, cheer up you loony

They're just jealous of you, let them find happiness by being trolls! I think you're cute :biggrin:
We are all gonna suffer now because Becky with her 1 GCSE thinks an immigrant with a medical degree is going to steal her job. #DamnBecky

Congratulations Britain, you played yourself...Nobody over 65 should be allowed to vote, cause it's not their future.

You are the incarnation of stupidity, arrogance and bigotry.

How dare you think that 65 and overs shouldn't vote, how dare you...

People over 65 have paid taxes, fought wars, and many lived through the great depression of the 1930s.
In a free society, over 65s have EARNED the right to vote.
You would be better served to encourage people your own age to vote, instead of this nonsense you're promoting.

And I bet you're up for 16 to 17 years old, who pay no tax yet, should be allowed to vote...

Are you telling me we should take the vote away from the terminally ill too?????
IKR. I also have 1 GCSE and voted leave. I have a lot of other GCSEs and 4 A-levels too but still.
Original post by The Roast

And I bet you're up for 16 to 17 years old, who pay no tax yet, should be allowed to vote...

Spoiler

Original post by saraxh

Spoiler

Good for you. Most 16 years don't know anything about politics, can't think independently and will usually vote the same as their parents.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
IKR. I also have 1 GCSE and voted leave. I have a lot of other GCSEs and 4 A-levels too but still.

I'm a 1 GCSE retard too, although I do have 11 other GCSES, ASs and Alevels... but they don't count because I voted out, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending