The Student Room Group

Best game you've played since you started gaming?

Scroll to see replies

In terms of best overall, probably the Resident Evil and MGS series. When I was younger, the games I just found plain addictive were Tony Hawk games and WCW and WWF wrestling games (this was on the PSX), the type of game that you'd be playing all day and then your parents would come and and ask you to turn it off and you'd start freaking out :rofl: Since becoming and adult I thought I'd never find a game addicting again, but the Zombies mode in Call of Duty games proved me wrong there - it's certainly not the best game available, but in terms of replay value, for me it was just unbeatable. It's gone down the toilet now but World at War and Black Ops 1 Zombies took up way too much of my time.
Fallout 3 and 4
Oblivion
Skyrim
Metro
Call of duty

Access to HE in Social Work

BSc Health and Social Care - pending
goldeneye 007 n64
A game that holds a special place in my heart is Jet Set Radio back on the Dreamcast - absolutely fab game with an amazing soundtrack (and that 'cel-shading' tho...) and a game that I have played right through from the start to the present is the Sims 2 :colondollar:
Reply 184
Original post by katelouiseg
A game that holds a special place in my heart is Jet Set Radio back on the Dreamcast - absolutely fab game with an amazing soundtrack (and that 'cel-shading' tho...) and a game that I have played right through from the start to the present is the Sims 2 :colondollar:

I put way too many hours into that as a youngster :u:
Modern warfare 2 , Gran turismo 5 , COD MW4 , COD WAW
In alphabetical order as I can't decide on my ultimate favourite :
A-10 Cuba
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge
Command & Conquer: Generals/Zero Hour
GTA San Andreas
GTA V
Star Wars Battlefront/Battlefront 2 (originals not remakes)
Strike Fighters 2

Honourable mentions to:
Age of Empires 2
GTA Vice City
C&C Red Alert
C&C Red Alert 3/Uprising
Pokemon Gold
Rise of Nations
Rise of the Tomb Raider
(edited 7 years ago)
The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
Reply 188
Zelda! I haven’t played it in years:frown: Hope my Uni has a Wii / Gaming society where I can creep in at quiet times and Link it up! :biggrin:
Super Mario, Paperboy, Simpsons; Hit and Run, FF DS games, Borderlands, Battlefield, FABLE!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 189
Original post by Owari
Zelda! I haven’t played it in years:frown: Hope my Uni has a Wii / Gaming society where I can creep in at quiet times and Link it up! :biggrin:
Super Mario, Paperboy, Simpsons; Hit and Run, FF DS games, Borderlands, Battlefield, FABLE!

I used to love the Fable games but then they just stopped :frown:
Original post by Owari

You hit me really hard with the nostalgia here. :biggrin: I remember the good ol' days playing Simpsons Hit and Run. I still play it on my PS2 from time to time.
Original post by PugDevil
I used to love the Fable games but then they just stopped :frown:

As a matter of principle i will only include games that i have completed on this list:

final fantasy 7,9 and x2 (even though that one is a complete rip off of ten, i realized later when i actually played x), sim city 2000, elder scrolls skyrim, grand theft auto 5, the original doom, ultima 7, might and magic 7 (i don't think i actually fully completed those two pc games from back in the day), and zelda one on the game boy! lol also tetris!
Reply 192
Original post by john2054
As a matter of principle i will only include games that i have completed on this list:

final fantasy 7,9 and x2 (even though that one is a complete rip off of ten, i realized later when i actually played x), sim city 2000, elder scrolls skyrim, grand theft auto 5, the original doom, ultima 7, might and magic 7 (i don't think i actually fully completed those two pc games from back in the day), and zelda one on the game boy! lol also tetris!

Sim City :ahee: Although I feel like Cities: Skylines blows it out of the water a little now! Haven't played it but it looks pretty in-depth :biggrin:
Had to narrow it down by platforms because I couldn't decide.

PS1: Spyro Year of the Dragon
PS2: Star Wars Battlefront II
PS3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Reply 194
Original post by Hugs31
Had to narrow it down by platforms because I couldn't decide.

PS1: Spyro Year of the Dragon
PS2: Star Wars Battlefront II
PS3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

I recently completed it on the remastered version and the last few chapters were a bit infuriating :redface: but great game regardless! Think I prefer it to Uncharted 3 so far :biggrin:

And of course Star Wars Battlefront II was just the best :smile:
-Total war games
- Victoria II and Hearts of iron
-Sins of a solar empire
-Mount and blade series
-Dishonored
Original post by PugDevil
Would I be a bad human being if I said I have never played Candy Crush :colondollar:
No, you'd be an awesome person and would be eligable for hugs.

Best game... after all the time I've been gaming, I'd still say either Super Mario World or Final Fantasy IV.
ARMA 3
Reply 198
Original post by AperfectBalance
-Total war games
- Victoria II and Hearts of iron
-Sins of a solar empire
-Mount and blade series
-Dishonored

Loved Rome:Total War :biggrin:
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (although I´d also put the first and third game not far behind it) is still hands down for me the best game I've ever played. I really miss how big the adventure game genre used to be. I love the way it looks, and even prefer the older graphics over the new version, I love the music, the atmosphere, the humour. For me, personally, it's a flawless game.

Quick Reply

Latest