Best game you've played since you started gaming?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDB1826)
    Surprised nobody has mentioned...

#MakeTonyHawkGreatAgain

I ****ing loved this game on PSX. On TH2 one of the early levels I think was a shopping mall, me and my mates would have races instead of trying to do tricks as the whole level was one long journey to the end. The rage when you let them go ahead only to ride into them so they fall and you win

(Original post by bobwibbles)
    Yes you can play OOT on Pc with N64 Emulator. Go to emuparadise and download a N64 emulator and download zelda OOT Rom from there aswell. Then play. you can configure controllers in the emulator.
    I'll gkve it a go, sounds easy. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Ratchet and Clank- the original trilogy. yes i'm kinda cheating but it was published in one disk on the PS3

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, Im just going to list a few good games

Ghost Recon (the original)
    SWAT series
    Total War, specifically RTW or Medieval II
    Doom (original and 2k16)
    GTA SA
    Jurassic Park Operation Genesis
    The Last of Us
    Resistance Fall of Man (I'm aware not many would pick this series but it has a strange place in my heart)
    Call of Duty 2 and Big Red One
    Fallout (Except 4, good game but a bad fallout game)
    TES
    Assassins Creed 2
    Brothers in Arms EIB
    James Bond (From Russia, Goldeneye and Nightfire)
    Tony Hawks (2?) on the PS2. Not a skater fan but it was such a well designed game I didnt care.

There are more but I realise I'm not answering the question =P I find it too hard to pick

ReputationRep:
    Danganronpa 2 (Tropical Despair) is my all time favourite. It has wonderful character development, fun logic puzzles, and a gripping mystery story. The sound track and art convey the tone of the game perfectly, truly complimenting the story. Plus there's a good dose of comedy to top it all off.

ReputationRep:
    For me, nostalgia is usually a huge part of why I find a game so good. Like, I love Wind Waker and it is probably my most favourite game - even though people were very critical of it at the time and arguably there are a few Zelda titles that could easily blow WW out of the water (MM and OoT ofc). I think I enjoy it so much because of the feeling I get when I replay it...how cheesy.
    I played it when I was 6 and it was my first ever game that was solely mine and I was so awful at it that in the end my brother did a majority of the work then I tried it again.

In terms of actual games I consider good from a critical view they'd all be so stereotypical and acclaimed by most people that I doubt they haven't already been mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of best overall, probably the Resident Evil and MGS series. When I was younger, the games I just found plain addictive were Tony Hawk games and WCW and WWF wrestling games (this was on the PSX), the type of game that you'd be playing all day and then your parents would come and and ask you to turn it off and you'd start freaking out :rofl: Since becoming and adult I thought I'd never find a game addicting again, but the Zombies mode in Call of Duty games proved me wrong there - it's certainly not the best game available, but in terms of replay value, for me it was just unbeatable. It's gone down the toilet now but World at War and Black Ops 1 Zombies took up way too much of my time.

ReputationRep:
    Fallout 3 and 4
    Oblivion
    Skyrim
    Metro
    Call of duty

Access to HE in Social Work

BSc Health and Social Care - pending

ReputationRep:
    goldeneye 007 n64

ReputationRep:
    A game that holds a special place in my heart is Jet Set Radio back on the Dreamcast - absolutely fab game with an amazing soundtrack (and that 'cel-shading' tho...) and a game that I have played right through from the start to the present is the Sims 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katelouiseg)
    A game that holds a special place in my heart is Jet Set Radio back on the Dreamcast - absolutely fab game with an amazing soundtrack (and that 'cel-shading' tho...) and a game that I have played right through from the start to the present is the Sims 2
    I put way too many hours into that as a youngster

ReputationRep:
    Modern warfare 2 , Gran turismo 5 , COD MW4 , COD WAW

ReputationRep:
    In alphabetical order as I can't decide on my ultimate favourite :
    A-10 Cuba
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge
    Command & Conquer: Generals/Zero Hour
    GTA San Andreas
    GTA V
    Star Wars Battlefront/Battlefront 2 (originals not remakes)
    Strike Fighters 2

Honourable mentions to:
    Age of Empires 2
    GTA Vice City
    C&C Red Alert
    C&C Red Alert 3/Uprising
    Pokemon Gold
    Rise of Nations
    Rise of the Tomb Raider

ReputationRep:
    The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask

ReputationRep:
    Zelda! I haven’t played it in years Hope my Uni has a Wii / Gaming society where I can creep in at quiet times and Link it up!
    Super Mario, Paperboy, Simpsons; Hit and Run, FF DS games, Borderlands, Battlefield, FABLE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owari)
    Zelda! I haven’t played it in years Hope my Uni has a Wii / Gaming society where I can creep in at quiet times and Link it up!
    Super Mario, Paperboy, Simpsons; Hit and Run, FF DS games, Borderlands, Battlefield, FABLE!
    I used to love the Fable games but then they just stopped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owari)
    You hit me really hard with the nostalgia here. I remember the good ol' days playing Simpsons Hit and Run. I still play it on my PS2 from time to time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    I used to love the Fable games but then they just stopped
    As a matter of principle i will only include games that i have completed on this list:

final fantasy 7,9 and x2 (even though that one is a complete rip off of ten, i realized later when i actually played x), sim city 2000, elder scrolls skyrim, grand theft auto 5, the original doom, ultima 7, might and magic 7 (i don't think i actually fully completed those two pc games from back in the day), and zelda one on the game boy! lol also tetris!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    As a matter of principle i will only include games that i have completed on this list:

final fantasy 7,9 and x2 (even though that one is a complete rip off of ten, i realized later when i actually played x), sim city 2000, elder scrolls skyrim, grand theft auto 5, the original doom, ultima 7, might and magic 7 (i don't think i actually fully completed those two pc games from back in the day), and zelda one on the game boy! lol also tetris!
    Sim City :ahee: Although I feel like Cities: Skylines blows it out of the water a little now! Haven't played it but it looks pretty in-depth

ReputationRep:
    Had to narrow it down by platforms because I couldn't decide.

PS1: Spyro Year of the Dragon
    PS2: Star Wars Battlefront II
    PS3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugs31)
    Had to narrow it down by platforms because I couldn't decide.

PS1: Spyro Year of the Dragon
    PS2: Star Wars Battlefront II
    PS3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    I recently completed it on the remastered version and the last few chapters were a bit infuriating but great game regardless! Think I prefer it to Uncharted 3 so far

And of course Star Wars Battlefront II was just the best

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.