Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MHoC By-Election: Voting Watch

• View Poll Results: Who should be elected as an MP in seat 50?
    Aph
    2.94%
    adam9317
    21.57%
    Birchington
    22.55%
    george_c00per
    33.33%
    ABoyHasNoName
    16.67%
    (Spoilt ballot)
    2.94%

• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Please post a picture of Easter Island when you are there?

Travelling reminds me to ask- what are the candidates view on HS2?*
    Should be scrapped as it is way too costly and doesn't have a major benifit.

ReputationRep:
    Aph Not to call you out or anything, but your manifesto looks incredibly liberal. Why are you no longer part of the Liberals?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    Aph Not to call you out or anything, but your manifesto looks incredibly liberal. Why are you no longer part of the Liberals?
    Because my belief that people should give up their rights for the good of the Comunity and that democracy isn't perfect meant I had become too authoritarian to be a liberal. Plus I'm 'far left' so dispite the liberals being great people I was too ideologically opposed to remain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Because my belief that people should give up their rights for the good of the Comunity and that democracy isn't perfect meant I had become too authoritarian to be a liberal. Plus I'm 'far left' so dispite the liberals being great people I was too ideologically opposed to remain.
    No worries! Thanks for explaining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Aph: I'd like to know what you mean by "pro-bureaucracy" and "for social responsibility" in policy terms. On the whole though, I like the ideas, but some detail would be nice and the format really didn't work

Adam: How can you pledge to be pragmatic in such a tumultuous environment when you yourself claim very certain and rigid economic views? What if the pragmatic best option was to increase spending or government intervention, given we are likely to enter recesssion again short? And how can you honestly promise all this and refer to Brexit as a "situation" when it is a situation you campaigned for despite the pragmatic economic evidence being almost entirely on the other side?

Birchington: Come on, you can do better than random buzzwords. Who the **** has said we don't want a sensible economic plan or the protection of civil rights? Drop the ********, tell us what you actually want to do, and definitely don't only use a fraction of the space allowed for a manifesto and then promise us "so much more"! I'm almost offended that I'm being asked to vote for such a frankly lazy effort.

george_c00per: Good style, although could do with a tiny bit more polish. A selection of good, workable policy proposals under a coherent ideological banner. You have my vote

ABoyHasNoName: Best formatted manifesto, and again I like that you've detailed policy even if I find myself in disagreement with it. However, you'd do better without the over-the-top propaganda about what other parties have supposedly done - it isn't particularly credible or believeable and detracts from the very valid points you do make. Still, putting politics aside it's a good effort and in my opinion the second-best manifesto here.
    I would like to add I put forward my policies and my party made the manifesto! I am very new to the TSR MHoC and I have no views on past events as I was not here for it. I would like to thank you for the advice though and I will take this on in future events!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABoyHasNoName)
    I would like to add I put forward my policies and my party made the manifesto! I am very new to the TSR MHoC and I have no views on past events as I was not here for it. I would like to thank you for the advice though and I will take this on in future events!
    Ah, so it's UKIP as a whole who are responsible for the claims of us banning music et al? That I can definitely believe! In that case, welcome to the MHoC and I hope we see you around more regardless of the result here - but don't go around thinking we're quite as ridiculous as some would have you believe

ReputationRep:
    Ah, so it's UKIP as a whole who are responsible for the claims of us banning music et al? That I can definitely believe! In that case, welcome to the MHoC and I hope we see you around more regardless of the result here - but don't go around thinking we're quite as ridiculous as some would have you believe
    Aha! I will bring it up within the party to see what is said then go from there because I agree with UKIP's policies but we need to give ourselves a better image! Yes I will get more involved and start to learn the ropes more as I go! Well it depends on what individual you are on about is to who I would deem ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    Adam...

Again, sorry for the limited reply. Im on mobile for the next few days.

I do have strong economic views, which you could class as a laissez faire approach, to help the people of Britain, but it would depend on the state of the economy as to what proposals we use- but what i must stress is that private entrprise in the best interest of the people of Britain is fundamental

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    The Liberals on here aren't exactly Aph liberal (and some are only 'liberal' in the neckbeard libertarian sense).
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    The Liberals on here aren't exactly Aph liberal (and some are only 'liberal' in the neckbeard libertarian sense).
    What is 'APH liberal':lol: news people will be using aphite (pronounced: ow-fight) to describe their political veiws :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    What is 'APH liberal':lol: news people will be using aphite (pronounced: ow-fight) to describe their political veiws :lol:
    Aph liberal = pretends to be liberal to fit in
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Sounds like something I would hear from the women being put on the front line

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Aph liberal = pretends to be liberal to fit in
    I am liberal!!! But I'm also authoritarian...
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Sounds like something I would hear from the women being put on the front line

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :confused:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    I am liberal!!! But I'm also authoritarian...

:confused:
    Right, you're two contradictory ideologies

"Ow, fighting "

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think this country should make it very clear that the US should reform its gun laws, supporting the limited measures proposed by President Obama. What do the candidates think?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I think this country should make it very clear that the US should reform its gun laws, supporting the limited measures proposed by President Obama. What do the candidates think?
    Completely agree. The U.K. Gun control measures are far superior but any extra control is a step in the right direction.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Surprised it took you this long, or has it taken this long to ask because you were busy writing and sending a motion to Fez?

ReputationRep:
    As long as any sane person has access to weapons for any sport or self defence in a timely manner without unecessary delay, then i think that it good.

They need checks, not any tom **** or harry should be able to get them immediately... what i do admire and i believe in the past i used a pmb to try and get it through- the concealed carry self defence legislation which they have
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I've been tracking the vote totals so that I can release a graph when the results come out and they make for interesting reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Surprised it took you this long, or has it taken this long to ask because you were busy writing and sending a motion to Fez?
    Someone called Andy Murray distracted me for a couple of hours. He's British at least until 2019.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.