The Student Room Group

2017 Bristol medicine hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by returnmigrant
Last year Bristol didn't use UKCAT.

I totally didn't know that.
The nerves are already starting to kick in! I read in a thread from last year someone received an interview offer on November 11! For us, that would be two weeks today! Any other graduates applying to Bristol :smile: ?
what are bristol interview dates this year?
Original post by agahaga
what are bristol interview dates this year?

Tuesday 22, Wednesday 23, Thursday 24 November 2016
Tuesday 6, Thursday 8 December 2016
Monday 23, Tuesday 24, Wednesday 25 January 2017
Tuesday 14, Wednesday 15, Thursday 16 March 2017
Original post by RichiePhoenix_
Tuesday 22, Wednesday 23, Thursday 24 November 2016
Tuesday 6, Thursday 8 December 2016
Monday 23, Tuesday 24, Wednesday 25 January 2017
Tuesday 14, Wednesday 15, Thursday 16 March 2017

Eeek, some of us could have interviews in less than a month :s-smilie:
Original post by isabella1999
Eeek, some of us could have interviews in less than a month :s-smilie:

I know!! Those who do get early interviews could get an offer in December as they said they'd be making decisions within two weeks of interview! :s-smilie:
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
I know!! Those who do get early interviews could get an offer in December as they said they'd be making decisions within two weeks of interview! :s-smilie:

That's crazy but would be a big relief!
Original post by isabella1999
That's crazy but would be a big relief!

It would quite possibly be the best Christmas present ever :biggrin:. Do UKCAT notify us when they've passed on results to uni at all?
It would quite possibly be the best Christmas present ever . Do UKCAT notify us when they've passed on results to uni at all?

IM not sure, I hope so as I keep stressing that I didn't do it properly or something
It would quite possibly be the best Christmas present ever :biggrin:. Do UKCAT notify us when they've passed on results to uni at all?

Unfortunately they don't because of the sheer volume of applicants that say the UKCAT. It makes it so stressful but as long as you sent it via your Pearson Vue UKCAT account you'll be fine because you stated which unis you wanted to send your results to x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skittles17
Unfortunately they don't because of the sheer volume of applicants that say the UKCAT. It makes it so stressful but as long as you sent it via your Pearson Vue UKCAT account you'll be fine because you stated which unis you wanted to send your results to x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Yeah I confirmed which universities ahead of the deadline so that's all good. I know it's early days, but the waiting is stressing me out :frown:. Hopefully we'll all hear soon enough :smile: x
Thanks! Yeah I confirmed which universities ahead of the deadline so that's all good. I know it's early days, but the waiting is stressing me out :frown:. Hopefully we'll all hear soon enough :smile: x

Dw if you don't get an interview straight away because Bristol have 4 interview batches starting from November to February, so they'll probably just work through everyone one at a time!
Hopefully lol 🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile
I reckon the universities get the UKCAT results this week. Since some people with get interview for the 22nd November and they like to give 2 weeks notice then I reckon some people will hear something early next week.

I reckon they have some UCAS forms scored then add the UKcat score. I applied last year and in November some people got early rejections if their PS was below a threshold. When scored they seem to be put in 3 categories - unsuccessful, Interview Offer and on Hold. Mine was put on hold and was not rejected until March. It was an agonising wait as offers and rejections were given out in dribs and drabs. Last year they did not use the UKCAT but it is only used in a small way this year (10%). There seem to be no order in the process of the applications either - people tried to work out if it was alphabetical, order of when the form was submitted etc and etc but there was no pattern found.

I was looking at the thread constantly it was a great distraction. I bet I will be doing the same again and it is about to start!
Got an email from Bristol today saying they've received my UKCAT score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 194
Original post by CutieTootsie

Oh glad to know that they finally sent the scores out.

That's all the e-mail said? Very considerate on Bristol's part hah.
I haven't received that email. Starting to worry slightly now :frown:
Original post by Becky.s1928

Don't worry. Bristol seems to send emails without an order, so you will receive it. I was one of the first to get the email about waiting for UKCAT scores but have not received this one yet.
Original post by CutieTootsie

Good to hear they've got our results - what time did you get it? I haven't received an email yet - and checked my VIP page - nothing :frown:
Original post by rayrk
Oh glad to know that they finally sent the scores out.

That's all the e-mail said? Very considerate on Bristol's part hah.

Original post by Becky.s1928

Original post by yukicookie
Don't worry. Bristol seems to send emails without an order, so you will receive it. I was one of the first to get the email about waiting for UKCAT scores but have not received this one yet.

Good to hear they've got our results - what time did you get it? I haven't received an email yet - and checked my VIP page - nothing :frown:

Guys I did the UKCATSEN - they want my evidence that I require it during my term exams. Don't worry, you probably won't get an email :smile: good thing in this case
My brother talked to the UKCAT office and they said they are sending the scores by November 11 or 12

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending