Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxie501)
    Favourite car: 1970 Dodge Challenger

Favourite manufacturer..... hmmm..... Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Cadillac.
    American cars (especially old ones)? I take it reliability isn't high up on the priority list...
    (Just for bants, I know there are some US cars which can last, just not as many as the Europeans and Asians)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 130398)
    American cars (especially old ones)? I take it reliability isn't high up on the priority list...
    (Just for bants, I know there are some US cars which can last, just not as many as the Europeans and Asians)
    Reliability is not far up my list, no. Its not about that. Its about a lifestyle of driving an art work. Its about the idea of driving for the sake of driving, not to get from A to B.

ReputationRep:
    Reliability is not far up my list, no. Its not about that. Its about a lifestyle of driving an art work. Its about the idea of driving for the sake of driving, not to get from A to B.
    Then there's the Volvo P1800 (all variants). Combines both in my eyes, not the fastest but it will not be the fastest for way longer than any faster rival. Many cars are cool (note that I didn't say beautiful, cool is a mix of funky and pretty) and at the same time quite reliable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 130398)
    Then there's the Volvo P1800 (all variants). Combines both in my eyes, not the fastest but it will not be the fastest for way longer than any faster rival. Many cars are cool (note that I didn't say beautiful, cool is a mix of funky and pretty) and at the same time quite reliable.
    Indeed. I really like the 50's and 60's Opel Kapitän's as well. Even though I prefer american cars I really love the look of the 1980 Lotus Esprit and the Lamborghini Countach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    pls tell me where these people are, i will find them and eat them
    because that is more untrue than Donald trump being capable of running america
    The town I live is where these people are located I'm afraid. Hence why I wanna leave so badly!
    Wait, how come I can't eat them and you can....

DONALD TRUMP!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Favourite car: 1970 Dodge Challenger

Favourite manufacturer..... hmmm..... Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Cadillac.
    Hmm ok then.

Very American then!
    Favourite car form each manufacturer?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    The town I live is where these people are located I'm afraid. Hence why I wanna leave so badly!
    Wait, how come I can't eat them and you can....
    DONALD TRUMP!!!!!
    i will find them
    its one of the many secrets/abilities only the Cheesel has
    :shakecane: @ Donald Trump

ReputationRep:
    i will find then
    its one of the many secrets/abilities only the Cheesel has
    :shakecane: @ Donald Trump
    Good good!
    Can I whip them?
    DONALD TRUMP FTW!!!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Good good!
    Can I whip them?
    DONALD TRUMP FTW!!!!
    no, thats my job :whip:
    w8.. u like donald trump...

ReputationRep:
    no, thats my job :whip:
    w8.. u like donald trump...
    Can I set fire to them?
    Of course! I like him, he likes me in return, we become friends, he invites me to his house, I shove his head in the microwave, set fire to him, and freeze him!
    Simple plan to remove DONALD TRUMP from the world

ReputationRep:
    Hmm ok then.

Very American then!
    Hard to tell. I love the police package fords. Smae goes for the Dodge Polara police.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Can I set fire to them?
    Of course! I like him, he likes me in return, we become friends, he invites me to his house, I shove his head in the microwave, set fire to him, and freeze him!
    Simple plan to remove DONALD TRUMP from the world
    no, only if u freeze afterwards :awesome:
    omg that made me laugh out loud and every1 is alseep chez moi! hahaha!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm ok then.

Very American then!
    Hard to tell. I love the police package fords. Same goes for the Dodge Polara and Corana police.

Why the hell is this a double post?

ReputationRep:
    no, only if u freeze afterwards :awesome:
    omg that made me laugh out loud and every1 is alseep chez moi! hahaha!
    Microwaves are the 44th easiest thing to freeze when a mans head is forcefully wedged inside.
    Haha good! Damn Cheese, should've stayed quiet!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Btw, are you gonna make me a happy Freezer and provide moi with an image of yourself yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hard to tell. I love the police package fords. Same goes for the Dodge Polara and Corana police.

Why the hell is this a double post?
    Hmm ok then, so it seems your a fan of the police!
    Do you like the Crown Victoria?
    But muscle cars seem to be to your liking!

Gotta love them double posts!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm ok then, so it seems your a fan of the police!
    Do you like the Crown Victoria?
    But muscle cars seem to be to your liking!

Gotta love them double posts!
    Yeah! In fact Ive been to an oldtimer / muscle car-meet recently and the guy who owns that the Cadillac club Germany drove us home in his 1961 Cadillac! Thats so insane I couldnt even make it up. We literally talked to him for 30 minutes and he was like "yeah, I suppose I could drive you home. Its on the way". Came with the train, left in a cadillac.

There was also a Crown Vic and I asked him if he could put the light bars on. The CV he owned used to be a state police car that was sold to a US Taxi firm. It ended up being retrofitted into a Police cruiser again, and ended up in Germany.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Microwaves are the 44th easiest thing to freeze when a mans head is forcefully wedged inside.
    Haha good! Damn Cheese, should've stayed quiet!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Btw, are you gonna make me a happy Freezer and provide moi with an image of yourself yet?
    ooooooooook not creepy at all :rofl:
    :erm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't think so, I don't want to give myself away to everyone yet, especially since my acne got real bad as well

ReputationRep:
    Mmm very nice indeed!
    AMG Mercs are just magnificent! And they sound gorgeoud too!
    Im assuming the S-Class is your fav?
    I guess so (my parents drive an S Class and my Dad is a bit obsessed with mercs in general so)

On the other hand, I don't like the hatchbacks (A Class etc) at all

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! In fact Ive been to an oldtimer / muscle car-meet recently and the guy who owns that the Cadillac club Germany drove us home in his 1961 Cadillac! Thats so insane I couldnt even make it up. We literally talked to him for 30 minutes and he was like "yeah, I suppose I could drive you home. Its on the way". Came with the train, left in a cadillac.

There was also a Crown Vic and I asked him if he could put the light bars on. The CV he owned used to be a state police car that was sold to a US Taxi firm. It ended up being retrofitted into a Police cruiser again, and ended up in Germany.
    Oooh nice one! I bet that was fun!
    Oh wow that's awesome!! I bet you were constantly grinning haha! Must've been awesome!
    Did you get any pictures from the day?

Nice one! The CV is amazing (in my opinion)! It's had a busy life then! Quite how it ended up in Germany though haha!

ooooooooook not creepy at all :rofl:
    :erm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't think so, I don't want to give myself away to everyone yet, especially since my acne got real bad as well
    Of course it isn't!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :cry: aww damn! I was hoping to see your beauty, ah well I'll just wait then.
    I honestly don't mind about that! But of course, it's your choice. I won't force you!

(Original post by cherryblossoming)
    I guess so (my parents drive an S Class and my Dad is a bit obsessed with mercs in general so)

On the other hand, I don't like the hatchbacks (A Class etc) at all
    Wow now that's a nice car that your parents have! Very luxurious!
    Well I guess it runs in the family then haha!

Hmm not even the AMG version with the wing?

ReputationRep:
    I generally like simple, low priced cars manufacturers, as they are usually the only no-nonsense vehicles.

I especially dislike, all SUVies, and luxury sports cars. The first ones are fakes, while the second ones are oxymorons among things.
    Sports car ought to be light, and without any electronic safety systems. Both things slow them down horribly, so replaces sports with splurging.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.