Bake off 2016!!!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I wanted Rav to go. It's the third week he's been in the bottom two, and he just annoys me so much, if Val's last dish had have been better then we would have seen the end of him, but sadly it was not to be. If he doesn't go next week I will be so annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    I wanted Rav to go. It's the third week he's been in the bottom two, and he just annoys me so much, if Val's last dish had have been better then we would have seen the end of him, but sadly it was not to be. If he doesn't go next week I will be so annoyed.
    I feel like Rav is just amused by the whole thing and finds his baking disasters to be hilarious (they're not)

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_0533.PNG
Views: 21
Size:  364.5 KB

Absolute end of an era

ReputationRep:
    Why Paul why?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37437907

"Paul Hollywood is to continue as a judge on The Great British Bake Off when the show moves to Channel 4 but Mary Berry is to leave the series."

ReputationRep:
    I like Rav. He's so silly. I also like the fact that he and Candice are both very daring with their flavours.

ReputationRep:
    Paul is dead to me

ReputationRep:
    Paul is dead to me
    Same here. I don't like him. He's too harsh on the bakers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvine001)
    I like Rav. He's so silly. I also like the fact that he and Candice are both very daring with their flavours.
    But he's been in the bottom two or three for the past three weeks, over half the competition, and I find him really annoying his personality is basically non-existent. Candice is ok but I just really can't see what there is to like about him.

ReputationRep:
    But he's been in the bottom two or three for the past three weeks, over half the competition, and I find him really annoying his personality is basically non-existent. Candice is ok but I just really can't see what there is to like about him.
    But you have to admit, his flavours have been very daring. Some even Paul like, and that's something!

ReputationRep:
    But you have to admit, his flavours have been very daring. Some even Paul like, and that's something!
    Yes I get that but flavour is only half the bake and he's repeatedly been let down by his baking skills. If he could combine skill and flavour that's be great but he rarely does. Just look at the technical for the past 3 weeks he has been bottom.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I get that but flavour is only half the bake and he's repeatedly been let down by his baking skills. If he could combine skill and flavour that's be great but he rarely does. Just look at the technical for the past 3 weeks he has been bottom.
    I like the fact he is a born survivor. I don't know how he does it. What's next week?

ReputationRep:
    I like the fact he is a born survivor. I don't know how he does it. What's next week?
    The first ever botanical week. It actually looks like all the bakers have raised their game. Many people have said that this years bakers aren't quite up to scratch with last years but looking at the trailer for next weeks episode it looks like they've created some cakes fit for the finals.

ReputationRep:
    The first ever botanical week. It actually looks like all the bakers have raised their game. Many people have said that this years bakers aren't quite up to scratch with last years but looking at the trailer for next weeks episode it looks like they've created some cakes fit for the finals.
    But you could tell that Tom was struggling, along with Rav, so it could equally be Tom leaving next week.

ReputationRep:
    Humble guy too

ReputationRep:
    It's not Bake Off without Mary Berry. I hope Channel 4 enjoys their purchase of 'Paul Hollywood in a tent'. Sounds like a great show.

ReputationRep:
    So are any of you planning on watching the new series on 4?

ReputationRep:
    Don't think I will be tbh. I really can't see it being very good, which is just such a shame. You?

I reckon it'll have ratings like the new Top Gear - good on the first episode while everyone tries it out, abysmal on the following episodes when everyone realises it's rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    I will probably not watch it at all. I may see the first episode but it isn't going to be the same without Sue, Mel and Mary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Don't think I will be tbh. I really can't see it being very good, which is just such a shame. You?

I reckon it'll have ratings like the new Top Gear - good on the first episode while everyone tries it out, abysmal on the following episodes when everyone realises it's rubbish.
    Yah I was considering watching it for the first week and then probably never again. :cry2: I don't want Bake Off to go. I just can't imagine anyone being as subtly innuendo-esque as Mel and Sue or As perfect as a judging couple as Paul and Mary. I think there may be hope though if they go back to the BBC with their tail between their legs, get a lower price but get Mel, Sue and Mary back on the Bake off train. But that's at least 3 years away. It's such a sad sad time for us all, unless they end up cancelling the show on 4 because of such bad ratings. And how they can pad out the bake off with ads. That's gonna be the second worst bit about it (behind 3 of the 4 most important people leaving)

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably watch it just to see how it is, but doubt I'll stick with it, just how I didn't stick with TG.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.