Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

GCSE Results Day - 25th August 2016 - Grade Boundaries

ReputationRep:
    like on the grade boundaries that are released, is it possible, for the person who calculates the results to get it wrong in the post, for example, a got a B in business yes, however it states I got 64 marks for an A, then 48 c then 33 c. total 145. got a B.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2016.PDF look at the marks, for an A totals 127, the exams I did was applied business, unit 1, unit 2, unit 3.

also, how did you find out your maths grade mark, not grade

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, how do you calculate marks/UMS for Mathematics A Linear with Edexcel because only 'points' are shown on my results letter, as well as the grade. But there is nothing under mark equivalent. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwmullaney)
    Just out of interest, how do you calculate marks/UMS for Mathematics A Linear with Edexcel because only 'points' are shown on my results letter, as well as the grade. But there is nothing under mark equivalent. Thanks.
    You usually have to ask your teacher for the marks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc_123_)
    Can someone please explain the Resistant Materials Grade Boundaries to me I'm a little confused. In my coursework I got 216 = A* and in my exam I got 134 = A but on the grade boundaries it says that the max mark for the coursework is 90 and you need 84 for an A* and the max for the exam is 120 and you need 96 for an A*. I'm looking to get it remarked but don't know how far away I am. Thanks in advance <3 xx
    Which exam board is this for? your results are in UMS and some boards have UMS to raw mark calculators well done on your excellent marks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People have been trying to get my info using this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    You usually have to ask your teacher for the marks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Which exam board is this for? your results are in UMS and some boards have UMS to raw mark calculators well done on your excellent marks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! It was for AQA Ive found the calculator but I also do computer science with AQA and they didn't give me separate grades for controlled assessment and exam and they didn't give me my mark equivalent for further maths so i'm not sure how far away i am from the grade boundaries x

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone find the overall raw mark boundaries for AQA exams? I can find the raw marks for each separate unit, which is helpful, but I want to know how many raw marks I was off the overall grade (for example AQA Science and Additional Science).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakekaiser)
    Can anyone find the overall raw mark boundaries for AQA exams? I can find the raw marks for each separate unit, which is helpful, but I want to know how many raw marks I was off the overall grade (for example AQA Science and Additional Science).
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ.../ums-converter

You have to choose your qualification and the examination and it will convert UMS and raw xx

ReputationRep:
    What does *2 mean in btec dance GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    cant believe i was only 2 marks off an A in further maths. i was still surprised that i even got a B. - Is it worth a remark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heathermccoll)
    What does *2 mean in btec dance GCSE?
    This means a distinction* (equivalent of A*!)

(Original post by Wammyburger)
    cant believe i was only 2 marks off an A in further maths. i was still surprised that i even got a B. - Is it worth a remark?
    Probably not - marks in Maths are usually marked correctly. Well done on the B though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Probably not - marks in Maths are usually marked correctly. Well done on the B though!
    thanks very much

ReputationRep:
    I am so shocked!!!
    4 A*s- chemistry, physics (?!), geography and religious studies
    5 As- biology, English language, English literature, French and home economics
    1 B- maths

Like I was predicted a D at the beggining of the year for physics but I got an A*
    I'm super shocked but so so proud of myself :')
    Hope everyone got what they wanted and more xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mez.)
    I am so shocked!!!
    4 A*s- chemistry, physics (?!), geography and religious studies
    5 As- biology, English language, English literature, French and home economics
    1 B- maths

Like I was predicted a D at the beggining of the year for physics but I got an A*
    I'm super shocked but so so proud of myself :'
    Hope everyone got what they wanted and more xx
    Amazing, congratulations

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure i am 1 mark off a c in maths.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I got 188 ums for English and 210 is a b. I got a c. This is 6 marks off a b but 4 marks off a D. Do I risk a remark.?

ReputationRep:
    when i go on the ums converter for AQA GCSE they only have 2015 series available? have they not updated it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gmus)
    when i go on the ums converter for AQA GCSE they only have 2015 series available? have they not updated it?
    What device are you using? If I remember correctly it seems to update earlier on a phone rather than a laptop etc, because I have the option for 2016! I can do it for you if necessary

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.