Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

2016 A-level Remarks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windies)
    Edexcel
    Which subject?
    My math is just two UMS away from an A. Still wondering if i should send for a remark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Upthejunction)
    Has anyone had anything from AQA today? Or should I just try and forget about it until Tuesday?
    It would be unlikely as it requires both AQA and then the exam officer to be working. Tuesday is probably the earliest you can hope to hear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Yeh English papers in general always seem to have very odd marking. I was getting A's throughout the year yet I end up with a C in the exam ... Very shocked, especially given I did better in the AS retake which I thought I'd flopped and didn't do much work for :/
    Literally me
    Ive been getting high a grades in geog all year and ive ended up with 1 ums off a b
    Honestly cant believe it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunethra)
    Which subject?
    My math is just two UMS away from an A. Still wondering if i should send for a remark
    so was i. I sent for remarks straight away but nothing changed though, which is a ****ing pisstake

ReputationRep:
    This forum has given me so much hope.

ReputationRep:
    I sent my PsyB3 and PsyB4 papers back for a priority remark, I was an A* student all year and this year my results came back as 78UMS (b) and 56UMS (d), sent both off; the 78 went up to 80UMS (scraping an A) and the 56 went up to a staggering 92UMS (a*)! Came out with an A overall, but goes to show how clerical ****ups can occur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakejoyce97)
    I sent my PsyB3 and PsyB4 papers back for a priority remark, I was an A* all year and this year my results came back as 78UMS (b) and 56UMS (d), sent both off; the 78 went up to 80UMS (scraping an A) and the 56 went up to a staggering 92UMS (a*)! Came out with an A overall, but goes to show how clerical ****ups can occur.
    Exam board?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakejoyce97)
    I sent my PsyB3 and PsyB4 papers back for a priority remark, I was an A* student all year and this year my results came back as 78UMS (b) and 56UMS (d), sent both off; the 78 went up to 80UMS (scraping an A) and the 56 went up to a staggering 92UMS (a*)! Came out with an A overall, but goes to show how clerical ****ups can occur.
    That's crazy! congratulations - however it really goes to show how big mistakes can be made, imagine how many other people are in the same situation but just dont think to send for a remark. Hard work wasted.

ReputationRep:
    Needed AAA or A*AB, ended up with AABB with B's in German and Econ 3ums and 2ums off and A in maths 4ums off *. None of them went up at all. Mugged off so bad lol. Spent £200 on these remarks as well! There are still a few more exams I could get remarked but not feeling its worth it with these reforms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughba)
    Needed AAA or A*AB, ended up with AABB with B's in German and Econ 3ums and 2ums off and A in maths 4ums off *. None of them went up at all. Mugged off so bad lol. Spent £200 on these remarks as well! There are still a few more exams I could get remarked but not feeling its worth it with these reforms.
    You going to uni? :s

ReputationRep:
    Nah doesn't look like it atm..

ReputationRep:
    That's such a shame! What exam boards?

ReputationRep:
    what reforms?

Btw you see when a paper gets remarked, does the guy who is remarking it know
    what you got the first time round, or does he mark it completely from scratch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    what reforms?

Btw you see when a paper gets remarked, does the guy who is remarking it know
    what you got the first time round, or does he mark it completely from scratch?
    it's not a remark anymore. It is a review of marking. Which means marks go up or down only if there is an actual error. So subjective exams or ones with a lot of writing are influenced the most. It might be very well that the new examiner/reviewer sees the previous marking to find mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cclaireb)
    That's such a shame! What exam boards?
    OCR maths, edexcel econ, AQA german

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take for a photocopy of your paper to come back? OCR exam board

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostrider)
    How long does it take for a photocopy of your paper to come back? OCR exam board
    Came back to me as an email the very next day from the chief examiner of my school

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard from AQA?? i am freaking out becuase i need the remark back by wednesday 5pm ):

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahellens)
    has anyone heard from AQA?? i am freaking out becuase i need the remark back by wednesday 5pm ):
    I still haven't heard from them even though I sent off my remark on results day - however not as a priority. Their website says it should take up to 18 days though for a priority remark, and 30 days for non-priority. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romaiseb)
    I still haven't heard from them even though I sent off my remark on results day - however not as a priority. Their website says it should take up to 18 days though for a priority remark, and 30 days for non-priority. Good luck!
    thanks, mine was a priority remark!!i should have heard by now
    does your uni depend on this remark?

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.