Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Sick of being a muslim woman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garlicbread23)
    Islam is a beautiful and peaceful religion.
    i please recommended reading the Quran
    If you think that Islam is a peaceful religion, you clearly haven't read the whole Quran.
    Islam is a religion of peace and violence, tolerance and intolerance, freedom and oppression.

If you cherry-pick only the peaceful and tolerant passages that suit your agenda, you cannot criticise others who cherry pick the violent and intolerant passages to suits theirs.

They have been indoctrinated with what the media feeds them.
    And you have been indoctrinated with what the mosque and madrassa has fed you.

ReputationRep:
    Ignoring the religious and at times prejudiced debate on this thread, see if you can still get in anywhere through clearing.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever considered having a heart to heart with your mother, or a sympathetic relative who could talk to her?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    After researching Islam, I genuinely believe religion is bs
    Enjoy your ban

I thought going to uni away from home would allow me to dress and live how I wanted to. However, I missed the grades
    Retakes mate

should I just stick it out for 3 years and move away when I have a job or should I work hard at uni and transfer to a different uni for second year (but I fear being lonely cause everyone will know each other from first year)
    This would be a good second option, aye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a 19 year old muslim female. On the surface, I appear to be the ideal muslim e.g. I wear the hijab, my clothes aren't very fitted (although I do wear skinny jeans- all my tops have to go past my bum). But I'm sick of it. After researching Islam, I don't identify with any of it. I genuinely believe religion is bs.

The thing is, I live in an area which is full of judgemental muslims and my mum would die of shame if I was to take my scarf off and start dressing how I want to (my father died when I was young so she wants her daughters to be seen as respectable as opposed to 'loose'). This year, I gained a place at manchester uni and I saw this as my way out, I thought going to uni away from home would allow me to dress and live how I wanted to. However, I missed the grades for manchester and had to settle for a uni closer to home so now I'm going to be living at home for uni.

So my dilemma is :should I just stick it out for 3 years and move away when I have a job or should I work hard at uni and transfer to a different uni for second year (but I fear being lonely cause everyone will know each other from first year)..whenever I stay over with my friends at their unis, I just love the freedom available to me and all I want is to live my life the way I want to live it rather than adhering to the rules of a religion which I do not identify with
    Why are you sick dear ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.