Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your nationality? :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Little Toy Gun;67579510]Only if Pakistan the country considers this person a national of the country. Otherwise, no.

(Original post by Freaky.certified)
    Your nationality can only be Indian if India the country considers you a national of their country. Otherwise, no.

Nationality has absolutely nothing to do with accent, identity, culture, or length of residency. Your nationality is American going by what you said and definitely not British.

Impossible. Your nationality can't be "mostly British". You either are British or you are not; you either are Danish or you are not. You can be both and you can potentially be neither, but there's no in between.

Unless you are a stateless refugee how can you still be figuring that out?

If you are a national of a certain country, that is your nationality. If you don't know what your nationality is, then you are a stateless person and would have no civil right anywhere in the world except to apply for asylum.

Arab is not a nationality because it is not a nation.

You can't find out your nationality with an ancestry test. Nationality has nothing to do with ancestry.

In this case your nationality Italian. Everything else is irrelevant.

Wrong. You are either a national of a certain nation or you are not. You can't possible if half American.

Nationality is not ethnicity.

Bloody hell do you have a job, or a life? Why did you spend so much time correcting teenagers on the internet?
    And no, I am not wrong, because ethnically I am Iraqi, and I was born in the UK hence my British nationality. I was raised in a Iraqi culture environment and didn't even learn English until I was 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnox)
    Bloody hell do you have a job, or a life? Why did you spend so much time correcting teenagers on the internet?
    And no, I am not wrong, because ethnically I am Iraqi, and I was born in the UK hence my British nationality. I was raised in a Iraqi culture environment and didn't even learn English until I was 5.
    Yes. My job is to correct teenagers. And as far as I can tell I spent only a few minutes doing this, if your life is so hectic you can't even spare a few minutes to do something then you are the one who doesn't have a life.

The Iraqi cultural environment or language has absolutely nothing to do with your nationality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Yes. My job is to correct teenagers. And as far as I can tell I spent only a few minutes doing this, if your life is so hectic you can't even spare a few minutes to do something then you are the one who doesn't have a life.

The Iraqi cultural environment or language has absolutely nothing to do with your nationality.
    ok so you're telling me >someone with better things to do than argue on the internet (oh, the irony) doesn't have a life? Interesting observation.
    but i digress, the person who wrote it was obviously flipping confused when they wrote the question and should've asked for ethnicity, as if they were going to receive any other nationality other than british. on a british student room forum. Que?

Regardless, I mentioned my ethnicity and nationality rightly so and you can't correct me for going off on a tangent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnox)
    ok so you're telling me >someone with better things to do than argue on the internet (oh, the irony) doesn't have a life? Interesting observation.
    If you think working all the time with literally no time to even do anything else is a life, then I weep for you.

Luckily you seem to be just a teenager so it hasn't happened yet.

ReputationRep:
    also

>Posts: 15,723

ReputationRep:
    British.

ReputationRep:
    English :-)

ReputationRep:
    British. Fight me.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Little Toy Gun;67579510]Only if Pakistan the country considers this person a national of the country. Otherwise, no.

(Original post by Freaky.certified)
    Your nationality can only be Indian if India the country considers you a national of their country. Otherwise, no.

Nationality has absolutely nothing to do with accent, identity, culture, or length of residency. Your nationality is American going by what you said and definitely not British.

Impossible. Your nationality can't be "mostly British". You either are British or you are not; you either are Danish or you are not. You can be both and you can potentially be neither, but there's no in between.

Unless you are a stateless refugee how can you still be figuring that out?

If you are a national of a certain country, that is your nationality. If you don't know what your nationality is, then you are a stateless person and would have no civil right anywhere in the world except to apply for asylum.

Arab is not a nationality because it is not a nation.

You can't find out your nationality with an ancestry test. Nationality has nothing to do with ancestry.

In this case your nationality Italian. Everything else is irrelevant.

Wrong. You are either a national of a certain nation or you are not. You can't possible if half American.

Nationality is not ethnicity.
    Thank you for this

ReputationRep:
    British, 3/4 English 1/4 Scottish

ReputationRep:
    British. 50% English, 25% Swiss, 25% Filipino

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    Oh no a report!

please don't report, I'll do anything kind sir, anything!
    It was a joke, I didnt even report ask any mod you mug

(Original post by shawtyb)
    im either
    • 3/4 english 1/4 jamacian
    • 1/2 english 1/2 american
    depends who my dad is
    Jamaican? Like black?...And please find your dad lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnox)
    but i digress, the person who wrote it was obviously flipping confused when they wrote the question and should've asked for ethnicity, as if they were going to receive any other nationality other than british. on a british student room forum. Que?

Regardless, I mentioned my ethnicity and nationality rightly so and you can't correct me for going off on a tangent.
    You answered fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samesea)
    British, 3/4 English 1/4 Scottish
    Wahey :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    Afghan

ReputationRep:
    British/French

ReputationRep:
    25% britsh, 50% irish and 25% Indian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Nope I finished all of it I just didnt get the function of the vesicles because i didnt get taught it and the websites r just confusing but I've done the rest :P
    Thought this said testicles...
    read the whole sentence as testicles...

ReputationRep:
    Pakistani and always get told that I don't look it 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnox)
    also

>Posts: 15,723

Having an average of 16 posts per day takes how much time? 30 minutes? I'm not sure how you can possibly think you have a point here when you know nothing about my life and all you have is the fact that I might have spent like half an hour every day here.

I can't imagine a life without even 30 minutes of free time a day. But I guess teenagers simply know everything about the world and can never admit defeat.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.