Do you think the BNP will ever EVER win a general election? Watch

Poll: Do you think the BNP will EVER win a general election?
Yes (10)
8.93%
No (91)
81.25%
Who cares? (11)
9.82%
This discussion is closed.
Agent Smith
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
Therefore you don't have to listen?
*want
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hitler didn't kill 6 million Jews, theyre all just hiding... der.
alexjc
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Elipsis)
Hitler didn't kill 6 million Jews, theyre all just hiding... der.
lol, this is the kinda **** I am talking about

seems people would rather just flame me than even question the crap they've been feed. Ofc jews died in the holocaust. I am just saying there is alot of other stuff that people forget about and it has become a non-topic in the eyes of many, which is wrong in itself.
Goddess Fury
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Agent Smith)
Only partly. Studies show that the one factor that does more to make someone attractive to someone else is appearing interested in them.Some of them are. Incidentally, being a geek myself, I've moved on from such a clunking-fist approach to sarcasm and wit.I don't think it's as big a factor as you're, um, making out. Certainly if you turn it the other way round, it becomes more clear-cut; women place far less emphasis on physical features than men.Not necessarily. Books can be teachers. Once you've taught a child to read, they can learn what they choose from those big papery leathery things all over the walls.Cue market forces.
I quite like you agent-smith,I can't stand most lefties, a lot of them just like to call me names (thud) and others annonce they have won the argument(oswy) or ask for my opinions to banned altogether (Dionysus) but you have done nothing of the kind. Indeed your moral neutrality extends even further than mine(although I dont think your school idea would practically work, I belive given a choice most children would stay at home and play on the playstation)I didn't like the way you tried to make out I wanted a society full of bimboes(I really was just using it as an example of genetic attraction, not what I wanted for society) Purhaps you just mis-read my post or failed to understand what I was saying . I am going to give you some positive rep(although I dont think it is worth anything)
ssk2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What are you talking about? You've ignored every point we've made with smart-arsed comments... (in relation to alexjc)
Goddess Fury
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Who the hell is this alexjc guy anyway, is he supposed to be a BNP suppoter or is he a leftie posing?
Agent Smith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by happybob)
I dont think your school idea would practically work, I belive given a choice most children would stay at home and play on the playstation
I don't know, to be honest... there do exist schools (Steiner Schools, I believe they're called) that go more down the road I was describing; they don't seem to do any better or worse than conventional ones, and their pupils don't seem to be either particularly free-thinking or spoilt.

One big problem, though, is that (as you say) the age when kids need to learn skills and facts is exactly the same age when they really don't want to be bothered doing or learning ANYTHING, because the world has just become a really horrible unfair place full of hormones, parents who don't understand and of course uninterested girls. Which pushes me back towards the idea of a set, enforced curriculum, because it's for their own good later on.

Of course, one attractive middle ground is the idea private schools with no State-regulated curriculum - in that situation, the market would sort out those that taught useful stuff in an efficient way from those that did not. The rubbish ones would rapidly acquire a poor reputation and find it increasingly difficult to attract pupils.
alexjc
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ssk2)
What are you talking about? You've ignored every point we've made with smart-arsed comments... (in relation to alexjc)
Calling me a **** and saying stuff like shut up is not a point, i am a old fashioned liberal if anything, but i dont like what that word means today
Agent Smith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by happybob)
Who the hell is this alexjc guy anyway, is he supposed to be a BNP suppoter or is he a leftie posing?
We could all be posing, or at least the controversial ones among us.
Agent Smith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by alexjc)
Calling me a **** and saying stuff like shut up is not a point, i am a old fashioned liberal if anything, but i dont like what that word means today
Huh? I thought you were a BNP supporter?
ssk2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh yes, but this ACTUALLY means he's very liberally! Duh!

Alexjc; you've read my (or everyones really) posts, have no rebuttal and have focused on the occasional insult. Would you like me to go back and edit them out so you can rebutt in peace?!
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
*want
Imagine being that insecure about your views?
mnbgw
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lammy)
Never, it wont happen. If it does i'm moving abroad.
If it does i'm probably dead.

In the constituency I live in, we have quite a big ethnic population, and both Labour and Conservatives chose ethnic minority candidates for the last General Election. This led to many Conservative and Labour supporters voting for the BNP and they got the highest amount of votes they have ever had. So, its not as impossible as people think.
alexjc
Report 12 years ago
Huh? I thought you were a BNP supporter?
No i am a true liberal, that means i feel BNP is entitled to its opinions

As are holocaust deniers and those who hold contraversal views on any topic

I know of alot of jews suffered in WW2, and i know the holocaust happened, i just think alot focus is given to them over other groups who dont get the same exposure. I also feel we have a right to question what went on and not let tragedy blinker us.

This is why i am happy to say i dont like gays, but i'm not a homophobe becuase i respect that its there life and there descision. But they need to also respect the fact i dont agree with it and accept thats is my decision.

I just feel that polical correctness and new liberalism has just become a way to use social pressure to make people think a specifc away. Which isn't very liberal at all

True freedom means that you have let people think for themselves no matter if they make ridiculous claims like the holocaust didn't happen. You also have to respect there claims and let them make up there own mind.
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I just feel that polical correctness and new liberalism has just become a way to use social pressure to make people think a specifc away. Which isn't very liberal at all
You mean the way liberals will tolerate and respect anything, except anything illiberal (is that even a word)?
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
illiberal is indeed a word.
alexjc
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
You mean the way liberals will tolerate and respect anything, except anything illiberal (is that even a word)?
I imagine a true liberal must even tolerate those who are illiberal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illiberal_democracy

This is what I feel UK is moving towards
ForeverIsMyName
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
This is what I feel UK is moving towards
Clearly :rolleyes:
alexjc
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
Clearly :rolleyes:
you can have any colour of goverment as long as its black :rolleyes:
ForeverIsMyName
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
you can have any colour of goverment as long as its black :rolleyes:

...huh?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.73%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.65%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.2%
It might lead to more bullying (132)
38.6%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.82%

Watched Threads