Fuel Blockade hits Gaza...Is this against humanitarian law? Watch

PeeWeeDan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by davidjones90)
Don't be silly as to what you here on the news. Sunni and Shiite are living sides by side throughout the Middle East.

SO you refer to the 4m Refugees as a bunch of Terrorists...Ok. Arabs and Jews have been living Side by Sides for a very very very long time, its time for both sides to wisen up, both sides to admit they made mistakes and to get on with each others. Israeli's can't stand Palestinians and Palestinians can't stand Israel. We need to change this mentaility. Bloodshed won't be huge, if both sides change this mentality,

Only 50000 more. Because they left to go to Israel and on some accounts the Zionist aided by planting explosives into Synagogues. Palestinians have nowhere to go? A right of return exists, go take if you want, unfortunately Palestinians do not have this right despite internationally know right know an Resolution 194. This argument that Arab countries should have taken this is flawed? Example, there is a war in my home country which has killed 1m people right now in Iraq, There are thousands of Christians fleeing Iraq, why don;t the UK nor USA take them? The war there was much more brutal than the 1948/1967 war.
You make it sound like the Jews left the Arab nations entirely voluntarily to go to Israel.

"In the immediate aftermath of the Sinai campaign of 1956, on November 23, a proclamation was issued stating that 'all Jews are Zionists and enemies of the state', and it promised that they would be soon expelled. Some 25,000 Jews, almost half of the Jewish community left, mainly for Europe, the United States and South America, but large numbers also emigrated to Israel, after being forced to sign declarations that they were leaving voluntarily, and agreed with the confiscation of their assets. Some 1,000 more Jews were imprisoned. Similar measures were enacted against British and French nationals in retaliation for the trilateral invasion of that year."

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History..._Jews_in_Egypt

Obviously this is just Egypt.
davidjones90
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
what 'david' doesn't realise is that this into 1947. Israel has been established as a country for 60 years!
I do realize that but this conflict stems right down to the 1948 war, so it is still relevant to this day

AAAH, but what you're (obviously) forgetting is g-d forbid the arab states take any responsibility for their 'brethren'. They weren't the arabs responsibility apparently. Despite the fact that they took refuge in their countries (often at the behest of leaders)....its all israels fault and its all israels responsibility. By supporting the palestinians they're implicitly saying that they agree with what israel did - and g-d forbid that happens....
So whose fault was it for creating 750000 refugees by the end of 1949?

And why is it your censoring the word g()d?
danielf90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
SO you refer to the 4m Refugees as a bunch of Terrorists...Ok. Arabs and Jews have been living Side by Sides for a very very very long time, its time for both sides to wisen up, both sides to admit they made mistakes and to get on with each others. Israeli's can't stand Palestinians and Palestinians can't stand Israel. We need to change this mentaility. Bloodshed won't be huge, if both sides change this mentality,
The fact that there is the possibility of even ONE israeli death is more than enough justification for israel to refuse this (on top of the fact, that for the last time - WHY WOULD ANYONE GIVE UP THEIR SOVEREIGNTY OVER A COUNTRY??????)

Only 50000 more. Because they left to go to Israel, Palestinians have nowhere? A right of return exists, go take if you want, unfortunately Palestinians do not. This argument that Arab countries should have taken this is flawed? Example, there is a war in my home country which has killed 1m people right now in Iraq, There are thousands of Christians fleeing Iraq, why don;t the UK nor USA take them? The war there was much more brutal than the 1948/1967 war.
a)There is a difference. Christianity is a religion and Arab is an ethnicity! (Jew is both, before you ask)

b) The USA/UK don't border Iraq. Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon and Syria DO border israel.

c) If iraqis want to apply for citizenship in UK/USA - it will be considered. if a palestinian wants to apply for citizenship in an arab country.....oh wait, they can't! The fact that they're palestinian means they won't be considered.

d) Since it was the arab league who basically got the palestinians into this mess (by creating a regional war with israel in 1948, despite the fact that most of the countries attacking didn't even have a border with israel) then there wouldn't have been the drive to get rid of arabs and also, fewer arabs would have fled as it would have been less dangerous.
danielf90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I do realize that but this conflict stems right down to the 1948 war, so it is still relevant to this day
the soverignty of israel is NOT sill relevant today.

So whose fault was it for creating 750000 refugees by the end of 1949?
Considering the arab league started the way, i'd say that a LARGE proportion of the blame lies with them.

because i'm a jew.
mdarwish01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Nefarious)
Quit trolling mdarwish01, last warning.
Sorry I don't see how I am the only one trolling. Either way. You made your point, which I accept, so please accept my apologies. But please look at those arguing against me, and see how they also antagonise.

To those of you who think that I've given up. I haven't by any means. Becuase my belief is based on facts, and the legitamite rights of the Palestinians to go back to their lands to be able to live hapily and in peace. The same as anyone else on this Earth.

You are wasting my, time. I've just finished my exams and am going back to uni tomorrow. I will keep an eye on this thread, just so you don't think you've won or anything. But I won't reply as frequently as I have done. I have my future to worry about. So I can be in an even better position to defend the innocent Palestinians.
PeeWeeDan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Religious Jews don't say or write the word g-d
PeeWeeDan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by mdarwish01)
Sorry I don't see how I am the only one trolling. Either way. You made your point, which I accept, so please accept my apologies. But please look at those arguing against me, and see how they also antagonise.

To those of you who think that I've given up. I haven't by any means. Becuase my belief is based on facts, and the legitamite rights of the Palestinians to go back to their lands to be able to live hapily and in peace. The same as anyone else on this Earth.

You are wasting my, time. I've just finished my exams and am going back to uni tomorrow. I will keep an eye on this thread, just so you don't think you've won or anything. But I won't reply as frequently as I have done. I have my future to worry about. So I can be in an even better position to defend the innocent Palestinians.
No one was being antagonistic until you started posting.
danielf90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by PeeWeeDan)
its more a force of habit/tradition than a particular religious obligation (one wouldn't exactly call me 'religious')

But yeah, a jew doesn't write that word.
mdarwish01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Exactly, this is because you want your opinion to prevail without presenting the other side of the coin.
danielf90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
defend the innocent Palestinians.
by doing what? Sending rockets to kill/main israeli civillians or blow yourself up in a pizzeria?

Both (i personally believe) have a very strong 'defence' tactit within them. don't you?
danielf90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Exactly, this is because you want your opinion to prevail without presenting the other side of the coin.
At least you can finally admit that there ARE 2 sides to the coin
davidjones90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ou make it sound like the Jews left the Arab nations entirely voluntarily to go to Israel.

"In the immediate aftermath of the Sinai campaign of 1956, on November 23, a proclamation was issued stating that 'all Jews are Zionists and enemies of the state', and it promised that they would be soon expelled. Some 25,000 Jews, almost half of the Jewish community left, mainly for Europe, the United States and South America, but large numbers also emigrated to Israel, after being forced to sign declarations that they were leaving voluntarily, and agreed with the confiscation of their assets. Some 1,000 more Jews were imprisoned. Similar measures were enacted against British and French nationals in retaliation for the trilateral invasion of that year."

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History..._Jews_in_Egypt

Obviously this is just Egypt.
Notice the Date Dan? I think during 1950 Zionism was a crime in most arab countries after Israel was made and after which the creation of 750000 refugees. I'm not denying that it happenned as a direct result of the events of 1948.

Naturally this helped the inflow of Jews into Israel...http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/objects...?itemNo=703367
WHY WOULD ANYONE GIVE UP THEIR SOVEREIGNTY OVER A COUNTRY??????)
Whether you like this or not the state known as Israel should not have been made a Solely Jewish state. Like everyone else recommended it should been a Unitary State for all Arabs, muslims, jews etc. Question: If you had the chance to turn back the Clock 70yrs, what would you have done, remembering the fact that the Jews weren't being murdered in the Arab world?

c) If iraqis want to apply for citizenship in UK/USA - it will be considered. if a palestinian wants to apply for citizenship in an arab country.....oh wait, they can't! The fact that they're palestinian means they won't be considered.
It won't be, chances are less than 1% unless your able to invest 1m$+ into the US economy. This whole Idea that Palestinians can't apply for citizenship is not entirely true either;
Jordan: Any Palestinian living on Jordanian soil would remain and be considered Jordanian. However, any person living in the West Bank would have no right to Jordanian citizenship.

Palestinians also make a great proportion of the Jordan

Lebanon: Lebanon gave citizenship to about 50,000 Palestinian refugees during the 1950s and 1960s. In the mid-1990s, about 60,000 refugees who were Shiite Muslim majority were granted citizenship. This caused a protest from Maronite authorities, leading to citizenship being given to all the Palestinian Christian refugees who were not already citizens.

Also the major issue of simply letting them enter the country, would be that they would loose their identity. They would no longer be Palestinians and no longer have a right of return to their homeland, which the arab league wanted to preserve

d) Since it was the arab league who basically got the palestinians into this mess (by creating a regional war with israel in 1948, despite the fact that most of the countries attacking didn't even have a border with israel) then there wouldn't have been the drive to get rid of arabs and also, fewer arabs would have fled as it would have been less dangerous.
The arabs would have been forced to leave. They were on the Jewish Homeland. There were clear explicit orders of expulsion, we discussed this earlier.
*titanium*
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh my God!!

You're point is the most ridiculous I have heard. Honestly, you get me so angry, the way you come out talking as if you know it all. And making points which are baseless is the most irritating thing I have come across.

Yes if Palestine was liberated, if it had it's own state. There would be peace. Of course you would get the odd person who is hell bent on Israeli destruction, but then again, there are the odd people who are hell bent of the destruction of Palestine and the formation of a Holy Land.

The reason there are attacks, is becasue of retaliation. What type of person cannot understand that. If you don't understand it, then there is no point talking to you. I have tried stating this time and time again, with evidence after evidence. It's quite clear you're not going to accept it.

You just have to ask yourself the question, what right does Israel have to be there in the first place?

You stated that I am being ridiculous to think the Palestinians would keep attacking if they had an independant state, but in your last line you proved my point, you dont recognise Israels irght to exsist, the Palestinians dont, why would they stop attacking.

The palestinians attack, and then when Israel retaliates they say they are simply attacking Israel in retaliation? Proof for this is that when there was a ceasefire between israel and hamas for a few months the other year, israel wanted to keep to it, hamas broke it with in about an hour and they broke it every single day by firing rockets. They then blamed Israel assasinating there leaders for the reason they are firing rockets even though they broke a ceasefire agreement almost as soon as it was agreed upon.

Palestinians have attacked Israel for years, they attacked Israel before 1967, how can you claim that going back to pre 1967 lines will result in palestinians not attacking anymore when they where attacking before 1967, they attacked Israel from day one and they where attacking Jews for decades before Israel declared independance. How can you claim for one minute that israels control over the westbank is causing the attacks even though there where attacks before there was even modern day Israel let alone before 1967.
davidjones90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
;danceboy; Good Constructive Post Dan. You learn something new everyday
*titanium*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Whether you like this or not the state known as Israel should not have been made a Solely Jewish state. Like everyone else recommended it should been a Unitary State for all Arabs, muslims, jews etc.
Really? How on earth would this be possible. Arab states dont have a good track record when it comes to treating minorities well. They are sort of 'tolerated' with second class citizen status aslong as they dont openly practice a relgion other than Islam. If you have no asperations to ever become anything and dont mind being treated like filth and the occasional pogrom, then its great being a minority in an Arab country.
danielf90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Whether you like this or not the state known as Israel should not have been made a Solely Jewish state. Like everyone else recommended it should been a Unitary State for all Arabs, muslims, jews etc.
Firstly thats just your opinion NOT fact BUT...for the sake of argument, lets say i agree with you. A jewish state (it was never going to be solely jewish, nor was it intended to be but....anyway....) shouldn't have been vcreated.

BUT IT HAS! A jewish state has been there for 60 years and more than proved its worth by producing more scientific papers per capita, being one of the world highest graduate rate, creating SO much new technology in medicine, computing, agriculture it is a world leader in so many things! The state has been there fore 60 years so even if it WAS a mistake, its happened now. We need to work around the fact that israel is there not just say 'well it shouldn't have happened so lets shut down the entire country' - the world doesn't work like that.

It won't be, chances are less than 1% unless your able to invest 1m$+ into the US economy. This whole Idea that Palestinians can't apply for citizenship is not entirely true either;
Jordan: Any Palestinian living on Jordanian soil would remain and be considered Jordanian. However, any person living in the West Bank would have no right to Jordanian citizenship.

Lebanon: Lebanon gave citizenship to about 50,000 Palestinian refugees during the 1950s and 1960s. In the mid-1990s, about 60,000 refugees who were Shiite Muslim majority were granted citizenship. This caused a protest from Maronite authorities, leading to citizenship being given to all the Palestinian Christian refugees who were not already citizens.
So basically, more arab countries have let JEWS return (and thats no exactly many) than have let palestinians settle - what a ncie way to treat their brethren.

Also the major issue of simply letting them enter the country, would be that they would loose their identity. They would no longer be Palestinians and no longer have a right of return to their homeland, which the arab league wanted to preserve

The arabs would have been forced to leave. They were on the Jewish Homeland. There were clear explicit orders of expulsion, we discussed this earlier.
a) So you're saying that the arabs would rather the palestinians suffered in poverty yet retain their 'indeitity' (that hardly existed in 1948) than allow them to flourish by incorporating them into society?

b) The jewish state was never meant to be jewish only and there no orders of expulsion because there was no unified body to order such expulsions. The only military the jews had was very quickly disbanded after 1948.
davidjones90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Firstly thats just your opinion NOT fact BUT...for the sake of argument, lets say i agree with you. A jewish state (it was never going to be solely jewish, nor was it intended to be but....anyway....) shouldn't have been vcreated.
Dan please? It was always going to be a Jewish State with a distinct Jewish majority?? Because of the tragedy in EurpoE?
We need to work around the fact that israel is there not just say 'well it shouldn't have happened so lets shut down the entire country' - the world doesn't work like that.
I agree and one way is offering a right of return, an internationally known right, lets say initially to those who can make a good positive contribution to the economy of Israel and willing to live in Peace (with a declaration all legit etc). What would you have to say to that?
So basically, more arab countries have let JEWS return (and thats no exactly many) than have let palestinians settle - what a ncie way to treat their brethren.
Not many jews returned to arab countries, something like 20000 if not less?
So you're saying that the arabs would rather the palestinians suffered in poverty yet retain their 'indeitity' (that hardly existed in 1948) than allow them to flourish by incorporating them into society?
Yes, because the mentality was that they were going to get it back! Houses which they lived in for such a long time?

b) The jewish state was never meant to be jewish only and there no orders of expulsion because there was no unified body to order such expulsions. The only military the jews had was very quickly disbanded after 1948.
It was though? Thats the point of ISrael, jews can come in to a safe land. Couldn't Israel have contained the riots rather than say, GET THE **** OUT OF ISRAEL?

*Goes back to revision*
davidjones90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Really? How on earth would this be possible. Arab states dont have a good track record when it comes to treating minorities well. They are sort of 'tolerated' with second class citizen status aslong as they dont openly practice a relgion other than Islam. If you have no asperations to ever become anything and dont mind being treated like filth and the occasional pogrom, then its great being a minority in an Arab country.
It would because Jews and Arabs were best of friends in arab countries prior to 1948
danielf90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Dan please? It was always going to be a Jewish State with a distinct Jewish majority?? Because of the tragedy in EurpoE?
So you're now saying it was always going to be a jewish majority?

What i'm syaing is that it was never meant to be a jewish-only state.

I agree and one way is offering a right of return, an internationally known right, lets say initially to those who can make a good positive contribution to the economy of Israel and willing to live in Peace (with a declaration all legit etc). What would you have to say to that?
Find me a way of fully ensuring that a palestinians truly wants to live in peace AND can contribute to the economy WITHOUT it risking the lives/safety of a single israeli citizen and i'll agree with you.

Yes, because the mentality was that they were going to get it back! Houses which they lived in for such a long time?
No. The mentality was; we're gonna crush israel in this war. its 6/7 arab armies against a state that doesn't even have an army. THEN it was , 'oh sh******t, israel are here to stay' i know what - lets make sure they have a permanent problem and use our arab 'brethren' as pawns in this awful game.

It was though? Thats the point of ISrael, jews can come in to a safe land. Couldn't Israel have contained the riots rather than say, GET THE **** OUT OF ISRAEL?
Well since israel didn't have an army i'd say that containing the riots was rather difficult, especially since as soon as the state would be declared, war would also be declared. Israel 'army' couldn't have fought a national war and contained riots (it could barely do one of these tasks).

*Goes back to revision*
Same.....(well im still gona procrastinate but....)
*titanium*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It would because Jews and Arabs were best of friends in arab countries prior to 1948
Best of friends? They faired better there than in Europe, but you have a twisted idea of friendship if you call them best of friends. Does the word dhimma mean anything to you? They where protected by law but had second class status, and this didnt exactly stop outbreaks of violence against them. Then again looking at for example the treatment of women in saudi arabia, I can understand why you might say they where best of friends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads