Turn on thread page Beta

How many detentions have YOU had?? watch

• View Poll Results: How many detentions have you had?
    36.67%
    1-5
    35.70%
    6-10
    6.60%
    11-20
    6.36%
    21 +
    14.67%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyW)
    those who have 0 are nerds
    I have 0 and I am a nerdy jerk, run now

ReputationRep:
    Probably about 5, including a class detention or two. They were for lame things like lateness, forgetting my reading book and forgetting to do homework, all in Y7/Y8.

ReputationRep:
    Too many, not for anything serious though ... Im just overly sarcastic and normally end up making some of comic sarcastic comment.

Most random thing though: I had a 15-minute argument with a physics teacher once a couple of years ago because she said 1/4 was the wrong answer and it should have been 0.25 ... I just yelled "theyre the same f'ing thing!" and got in trouble for it. She left the following year, probably to go learn how to count

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    Most random thing though: I had a 15-minute argument with a physics teacher once a couple of years ago because she said 1/4 was the wrong answer and it should have been 0.25 ... I just yelled "theyre the same f'ing thing!" and got in trouble for it. She left the following year, probably to go learn how to count

Same here.. Only my teacher needed to learn English all over again, because apparently she has no idea how to spell Ammeter and Amper..
    My AS Chem teacher is worse.. She forget what is Aluminium used for so I told her 'pylons'.. She's like: yes that is correct, but what are pylons?!..
    I was like WTF! :O (in the back of my head! )

ReputationRep:
    I had one in year 7 for not colouring in my food tech homework -.-

And then they scrapped detentions.

ReputationRep:
    6-10 but they were mainly class ones

ReputationRep:
    I got one on my second day in year 7 and liked the teacher that i was in there every Friday talking to him about not screwing my life up. Oh and drawing the odd rabbit.

In years 7,8,9 i was a little brat so got so many but in year 10 and 11 i grew up like ALOT so had none. Funny how six weeks summer holiday can change you that much.

ReputationRep:
    I got one, for laughing at our deputy head after she had a big go at us all on the school bus, she deserved it!

ReputationRep:
    Probably about 7. Unless you count the ongoing Graphics detentions, which continued for about a month, and which I voluntarily chose over doing my work at home [saved lugging my model and my A3 folder home].

PS: ******* hell, how anyone manages to elude detentions altogether is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I finished school a while ago, but still am mildly proud that I clocked up 40 french detentions in year 11.

Being proud of detentions is pretty immature, but if you're gonna get them, may as well be a lot!

ReputationRep:
    I've put 21+ because I have no idea... but its gotta be a lot.

I was a rebel.

ReputationRep:
    Ooold thread. I don't remember but think it's probably 6-10.

ReputationRep:
    Too many :sad:
    I got one because somebody threw something at me once.
    & my latest and favourite was because my hair was covering one of my eyes.
    x

ReputationRep:
    why is this thread so much more alive than the others? there can only be so many detention stories to tell
    and does anyone read the thread? does anyone pay attention to what others have already said?

ReputationRep:
    lunchtime detentions >100
    after school detentions ~ 30
    saturday dententions - 2
    suspensions - 1
    expulsions - 0

ReputationRep:
    None *halo*

ReputationRep:
    None in secondary school, one in primary for throwing water at someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky.fm)
    Too many to count :s: Mainly for answering back tbh, and not doing homework.

Oh well, like im bothered. They were nearly all fun detentions anyway
    Hated the whole answering back thing - especially at primary. I wouldn't say I'm a "rebel" or a "bad" kid but I had one teacher in primary for a few months and she sent me out of the class at least every day because of chatting back!

ReputationRep:
    None!

ReputationRep:
    Only 2. Both lunch time ones and that was for being just like 3 minutes late to registration >.<

But I'm honestly surprised I didn't get more, but then again I was really good at shifting the blame to someone I didn't like

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.