How many of you are thinking of Oxbridge? Watch

acm345
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am currently in gcse year and have been predicted 10 A*s but i don't think i will get the 2 for english and german is quite hard do oxbridge look at what subjects were chosen and would 7 A* be good enough?
Jooeee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by acm345)
I am currently in gcse year and have been predicted 10 A*s but i don't think i will get the 2 for english and german is quite hard do oxbridge look at what subjects were chosen and would 7 A* be good enough?
No you'll need about 10A*'s to be considered minimum.

/Sarcasm
Psyche05
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm predicted 9 A*s and I'd say that I was currently on track for oxbridge. However, lots could change between now and yr13 and I want to apply for medicine so it will be ultracompetitive. In short, I'm hopeful, but no way sure.
Basma
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh, yesssssssss. I've got/getting the grades needed, just need to maintain. SO that's grades out the way.
Laith
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am for chemistry.
acm345
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i will probably try and do maths
Laith
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
very interesting
Marisa_Grace
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
At the moment i'm considering Oxbridge, but depending on how i find my AS levels and A levels when i begin sixth form next september, i can only really make my decision then. Also, the new A* at A-level is being introduced for my year when we're in year 13 (currently in yr11), and it's likely oxbridge will be asking for all A*'s.
laurenlodge
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Marisa_Grace)
At the moment i'm considering Oxbridge, but depending on how i find my AS levels and A levels when i begin sixth form next september, i can only really make my decision then. Also, the new A* at A-level is being introduced for my year when we're in year 13 (currently in yr11), and it's likely oxbridge will be asking for all A*'s.
Actually, the first year it's possible to get A* at Alevel is those that started sixth form September just gone.
And it's expected that it will take a while for unis to get used to the system, so people doubt they'll start using many of them in offers for a few years until it settles down.
matt2k8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Marisa_Grace)
I doubt any university will make A*-offers for quite a while - Cambridge (not sure about Oxford) sees all your individual module UMS scores anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (207)
40.12%
No - but I will (32)
6.2%
No - I don't want to (35)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (242)
46.9%

Watched Threads