The Student Room Group

UKCAT - Practice Questions and Useful Resources

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Thanx v. usefull Im so nervous but getting the work done is helping me be confident
just hope i do well... :/
Reply 181
Thanx v. usefull Im so nervous but getting the work done is helping me be confident
Reply 182
sarah-a-k

Good luck x
Reply 183
greaaaaat help thnku soooooooooo much =]
Reply 184
this is great thanks
Hii! I've started to practise for the test using the links you have given me and the questions on UKCAT website...
But would anyone recommend 600 UKCAT practice Qs --- book??? Has it been very useful???
Reply 186
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!
I have my ukcat this coming wednesday and have been using all the links in preperation...they have been such a HUGE help so thank you so much :yep: I may actually be able to pass :wink: lol!
x
SomeStudent
Hii! I've started to practise for the test using the links you have given me and the questions on UKCAT website...
But would anyone recommend 600 UKCAT practice Qs --- book??? Has it been very useful???

Its by far the best book ever published for the UKCAT.
vas876
Its by far the best book ever published for the UKCAT.

Oh ok, that's good to hear. How did your test go?
SomeStudent
Oh ok, that's good to hear. How did your test go?

Considering I only prepared for 1.5 days, AMAZING!

VR: 610
QR: 630
AR: 710
DA: 710

Average: 665
vas876

really? thats really good. How did you practise AR? I'm using the 600 questions and cant do any of them!
Mines on the 5th October. I'm going to try and do 30-60mins a day from today. Will it be enough? xxx
vas876

Wow, well done:biggrin:
indie_couture
really? thats really good. How did you practise AR? I'm using the 600 questions and cant do any of them!
Mines on the 5th October. I'm going to try and do 30-60mins a day from today. Will it be enough? xxx

Ive done it before, (but i got **** so that hardly counts)

AR - I used the 600Q book, their techniques are brilliant, and after a while of doing the 1st 8 Sets from that book, the short UKCAT test online i began to start spotting the patterns within 30 seconds. (although in the test i was stumped by two sets i.e 8 questions, they were like nothing i had ever seen before)

VR - Basically the techniques from that book, helped me manage my time. The only advise i can give is, Read the texts super fast, or as the 600Q book called it Scan it intelligently. Then read the question, and you should be able to find the section it is referring to very quickly.
Doing all the 600Q VR questions helped, but i should have practised more to ensure i could get higher accuracy, not just speed.

QR - Dint practise this at all, i hate the time limit in this section. I should have practised to get faster at these.
In the test i answered 16 questions at the right pace, then wasted far too much time on 8 questions, had to guess 12 questions randomly (i just clicked any answer that felt good, no question reading.) And then i tried to answer the last 4, but had to guess as i had 10 seconds left, But there 4 piss easy questions in there that required me to find means, medians that kind of stuff, but i had to skip them cos of time)

So this section you must practise getting them done rapidly.

DA - Honestly as long as i can write the translations down, I'm naturally damn good at this. (basically cos its kinda like decoding am A2 bio or chem paper to understand wtf they are asking you for)

MOST IMPORTANTLY don't be afraid to GUESS!!!!!! NEVER LEAVE ANY QUESTIONS UNANSWERED!
Reply 193
Hey, I have also got the 600Q book and have been practising for the past 2 weeks roughly, My test is tomorrow afternoon, I really really want to get above 600. The book is definitely incredible, however I still think timing the exam will be a problem for me. I'll let you know what I got tomorrow :smile:
im so worried about mine, its monday!!!
i plan to do quite a bit of QR and AR tomorrow morning. They are the hardest. I'm using that 600Q book and its good but i still find it hard to spot them. I will do some more tomorrow aft/evening.
Then Im on a train for 1hr30 mins on sat so will do some then and then on the way back.
Then some more when I get home.
Then again sunday morning for an hour/two then again in the evening!
Do you think that will be alright?
xxxx
Oops. Mine is tomorrow and I've only just started revising. I've got the 600Q book but I've only just looked at it. I keep on getting tripped up on the quantitative reasoning section. The other sections I can do alright, just timing is an issue.
I'll update what I get tomorrow.. Wait, do we get our results straight after we finish the test?
why is QR so bloody difficult compared to the rest?
Reply 197
Great collection Lu-x.

I came across this book called "How to Pass the UKCAT" by Mike Byron and Jim Clayden 2009 Ed. It's got great deal of practise questions. You can add this in your list.

Found a link to this book: http://sekary.blogspot.com/2009/12/how-to-pass-ukcat-unbeatable-practice.html

Cheers :smile:
Reply 198
prepgenie
Great collection Lu-x.

I came across this book called "How to Pass the UKCAT" by Mike Byron and Jim Clayden 2009 Ed. It's got great deal of practise questions. You can add this in your list.

Found a link to this book: http://sekary.blogspot.com/2009/12/how-to-pass-ukcat-unbeatable-practice.html

Cheers :smile:

Rep to you :smile:
thanks very grateful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending