Turn on thread page Beta

Laughing during inappropriate situations.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This is so bad you'll all hate me. The neg rep shall flow from the screen!!
    When I was quite young I was sitting out in t he front garden with friends. There is a mentally disabled man who lived in the next street who sometimes walked and sometimes got taken out in a wheelchair. Well his carer/family member decided to have some fun with him and give him a ride down the street in his wheelchair. He ran fast with it pushing the chair as the young lad howled so loudly with enjoyment (or fear?) that it would have woken the dead. Me and another friend could.not.help. ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    I almost died laughing during an English lecture last year. Our lecturer was navigating the Lit section of our Uni website on the projector, and there were a bunch of key words in one block paragraph, one of which was "bunghole". I had no idea why it was there, and I spent about 10 minutes with my hand over my mouth as I tried to control a bout of uncontrollable laughter. I almost cried I laughed so hard, and I'm quite sure a lot of people noticed that I was almost dying.

I also frequently laugh at that drink-driving advert where the woman is killed by a runaway table, from the sheer inanity of it. Also, the "NOW y'see him, NOW YOU SEE HIM" driving advert, because it's so hilariously condescending.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    At the optitions When they come reaaally close to my face with that light, staring into my eyes with a freaky expression on their faces. I can't help it Once it went on for at least 5 minutes straight, she had to go out and get my dad to get me to stop. Luckily he saw the funny side

ReputationRep:
    I laughed during a History lesson about the Japanese invasion of Manchuria. I found the wrong things funny... lol.

I also couldn't stop laughing when my Business teacher was talking about ethical issues and clubbing baby seals. Yet again, most other people were laughing too.

Such a twisted sense of humour...

ReputationRep:
    I always laugh at that motorbike advert too. Probably because I know it's a serious thing but I can't help myself.

ReputationRep:
    Today i had just got my hair braided; and i was sitting down because I was waiting to get my beard shaped up. Then this child was sleeping and it was his turn to get his hair cut and then his head kinda flopped all around the place as the barber tried to cut his hair; and the guy next to me started laughing; and then I just started cracking up!!!

ReputationRep:
    At this compulsory Welsh literature seminar.
    We'd been invited by one of the poets whose poems we's studied for 2 years so- it was supposed to be a big deal.

Me and my mates cracked up when this guy started reciting his poems and even wacked on a backing tape of a storm and some wind.

My teacher kept turning round to see who was laughing and that made it worse, every time I stopped laughing I'd feel someone next to me shaking with laughter and start again.

So, so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Music Is My Boyfriend)
    At this compulsory Welsh literature seminar.
    We'd been invited by one of the poets whose poems we's studied for 2 years so- it was supposed to be a big deal.

Me and my mates cracked up when this guy started reciting his poems and even wacked on a backing tape of a storm and some wind.

My teacher kept turning round to see who was laughing and that made it worse, every time I stopped laughing I'd feel someone next to me shaking with laughter and start again.

So, so bad.
    Was it Seamus Heaney?? Lol the storm and wind in the background reminds me of one of his poems that we did at GCSE...

ReputationRep:
    I was in the cinema few months ago, and every couple of minutes this guy near the front kept making a noise. I thought it was some chav, and evidently so did a few other people, as people kept "Shush"ing them. I kept laughing at the noises the guy was making, and then it turned out he was some disabled dude.

Oh, and when I saw Wall-E at the cinema recently, during one of the film's more perilous moments, some disabled guy shouted "BATMAAAAN WILL SAAAAAAAAAAAVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU". I ****ing died laughing, as did most of the cinema. Tears were in my eyes from how funny that was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    Was it Seamus Heaney?? Lol the storm and wind in the background reminds me of one of his poems that we did at GCSE...
    Haha no it wasn't it was some Welsh poet whose name escapes me right now...it was something beginning with G!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Music Is My Boyfriend)
    Haha no it wasn't it was some Welsh poet whose name escapes me right now...it was something beginning with G!?
    Ah ok Heaney is Irish, so definitely not him :p: The other one we did at GCSE was Welsh and I think had a name beginning with G but I cannot for the life of me remember her name! Was it a woman? :p:
    EDIT: oh you said "this guy" so they were male presumably.. never mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    Ah ok Heaney is Irish, so definitely not him :p: The other one we did at GCSE was Welsh and I think had a name beginning with G but I cannot for the life of me remember her name! Was it a woman? :p:
    EDIT: oh you said "this guy" so they were male presumably.. never mind
    Haha yeah a male.
    What drivel we had to study eh!?

ReputationRep:
    This one was probably up there as one of the worst moments I have ever been in...

Okay so I was working on Saturdays at a Vets, and I am in the consultation room when the vet is putting down a beloved family dog, with the whole family watching. It was a sad occasion, and everyone was crying, even the vet herself. So the dog slips off to sleep, and the family are still sobbing and stroking it for a while after. I have my head bowed down because I was genuinely sad, it was one of those moments. ANYWAY to cut a long story short, the dog lets out a massive massive fart. The family just acted like it hadn't happened, and I was pissing myself. I held my nose to try and stop it, turned out all that THAT did, was when the inevitable burst of laughter came, it was followed up by strings of snot shooting all over my face, so I am just there pissing myself at their dead dog covered in snot.

Blimey.

ReputationRep:
    ^XMFD. That is hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7UP)
    This one was probably up there as one of the worst moments I have ever been in...

Okay so I was working on Saturdays at a Vets, and I am in the consultation room when the vet is putting down a beloved family dog, with the whole family watching. It was a sad occasion, and everyone was crying, even the vet herself. So the dog slips off to sleep, and the family are still sobbing and stroking it for a while after. I have my head bowed down because I was genuinely sad, it was one of those moments. ANYWAY to cut a long story short, the dog lets out a massive massive fart. The family just acted like it hadn't happened, and I was pissing myself. I held my nose to try and stop it, turned out all that THAT did, was when the inevitable burst of laughter came, it was followed up by strings of snot shooting all over my face, so I am just there pissing myself at their dead dog covered in snot.

Blimey.
    Lovely!

I've just laughed at some of things in the 'freaky phobias' thread.:o:

last year, there was someone on another forum who was trying to get people to pick names (from a list) he could name his child if it was a boy. The names were pretty awful. Anyway, one of the names he was Cohen, and everytime I hear the name Cohen, I will always laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgirl)
    I work in a shop and laughed at an old man who picked up a banana hammock the other week :laugh:

Old men really shouldn't wear them. *shudders*
    lol, where do you work?

ReputationRep:
    I have two more stories to share.

Bear in mind I'm saving the best til last.

1) In Chemistry in year 9, I had this completely wet teacher. Bless him, he was jut totally dopey and stuttery and "eh?" like. He had a fish tank in the class, and we would just spend most of the time watching them. Anyway, after the summer holidays, we went back. He told us he had something to announce regarding the fishes, and just about got out that one of them had grown a large tumour, when we turned around and there we saw it - one of the fishes had grown a turban tumour. It was sitting on his head and wobbling while he swam. I had tears streaming down my face and was just managing to splutter out "tumour fish, ahahahahaha tumour fish, tumour fish" - I had to leave the classroom for a wee in case I had an accident. Really awful, but hysterical. It was just this image of this tumour just sitting there jiggling on this poor little fish's head like an accidental hat, it was brilliant.

2) I still hyperventilate whenever I remember this. I have to give you a bit of context first:

My year 11 chemistry teacher was AWFUL. I mean awful. She always wore Christmas jumpers but not cheerful ones, just horrid greying ones with disgusting geometric patterns that showed she actually had no emotion and confirmed the notion that she was in fact a mouldy old hag. She had incredibly awful halitosis, which she would take great pleasure in breathing in people's faces when they asked her a question, or when she was telling someone off. She had a persistent, tinny, whiny voice that rattled straight through your head, cracking a few cells while it was at it. Her intonations were so extreme it was ridiculous. You could hear her highlighting half of her words in italic just for the extra emphasis and the fact that she was clearly trying to be passionate about Chemistry when she was in fact a dull old ***** with grey, greasy hair. She also had such bad furrow lines she looked like a crumpled up carrier bag. And her facial expression never changed. She always had the constant ANGRY SURPRISED look with her eyebrows raised and the McDonalds M shaped forehead wrinkles.
    She went mental if anyone EVER interrupted her.

This of course makes what happened even more brilliant.

Bearing in mind I was in triple science and there wasn't enough time in the timetable for the 2 x 3 separate science lessons each week. So we had to have one of our Chemistry lessons on Wednesday after school.

This particular week it had been snowing, and we were watching enviously as the double and single science kids, who had been hanging around school to piss teachers off, were lobbing snowballs at each other.

Anyway, while Ms Porter (oh yes, Ms Porter) was mid sentence and we were just about to nod off, the door just FLUNG open, we heard a squeal of pure joy as it was lobbed and then we see this snowball flying towards her face, which hit her square in the forehead, skidded off her nose and hit the poor unsuspecting Chemistry-geek in the front row.

Oh my. Considering I already have a habit of laughing in appropriate situations, this couldn't have been a worse opportunity. About 40 minutes after everyone had stopped laughing, I was still going and still trying to choke it back - purple in the face with tears flowing, Porter just screamed "GET OOOOUUUUTTTTTT!!!!" and I didn't stop laughing for about a week.

One of my best all-time memories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malleablegrace)
    I have two more stories to share.

Bear in mind I'm saving the best til last.

1) In Chemistry in year 9, I had this completely wet teacher. Bless him, he was jut totally dopey and stuttery and "eh?" like. He had a fish tank in the class, and we would just spend most of the time watching them. Anyway, after the summer holidays, we went back. He told us he had something to announce regarding the fishes, and just about got out that one of them had grown a large tumour, when we turned around and there we saw it - one of the fishes had grown a turban tumour. It was sitting on his head and wobbling while he swam. I had tears streaming down my face and was just managing to splutter out "tumour fish, ahahahahaha tumour fish, tumour fish" - I had to leave the classroom for a wee in case I had an accident. Really awful, but hysterical. It was just this image of this tumour just sitting there jiggling on this poor little fish's head like an accidental hat, it was brilliant.

2) I still hyperventilate whenever I remember this. I have to give you a bit of context first:

My year 11 chemistry teacher was AWFUL. I mean awful. She always wore Christmas jumpers but not cheerful ones, just horrid greying ones with disgusting geometric patterns that showed she actually had no emotion and confirmed the notion that she was in fact a mouldy old hag. She had incredibly awful halitosis, which she would take great pleasure in breathing in people's faces when they asked her a question, or when she was telling someone off. She had a persistent, tinny, whiny voice that rattled straight through your head, cracking a few cells while it was at it. Her intonations were so extreme it was ridiculous. You could hear her highlighting half of her words in italic just for the extra emphasis and the fact that she was clearly trying to be passionate about Chemistry when she was in fact a dull old ***** with grey, greasy hair. She also had such bad furrow lines she looked like a crumpled up carrier bag. And her facial expression never changed. She always had the constant ANGRY SURPRISED look with her eyebrows raised and the McDonalds M shaped forehead wrinkles.
    She went mental if anyone EVER interrupted her.

This of course makes what happened even more brilliant.

Bearing in mind I was in triple science and there wasn't enough time in the timetable for the 2 x 3 separate science lessons each week. So we had to have one of our Chemistry lessons on Wednesday after school.

This particular week it had been snowing, and we were watching enviably as the double and single science kids, who had been hanging around school to piss teachers off, were lobbing snowballs at each other.

Anyway, while Ms Porter (oh yes, Ms Porter) was mid sentence and we were just about to nod off, the door just FLUNG open, we heard a squeal of pure joy as it was lobbed and then we see this snowball flying towards her face, which hit her square in the forehead, skidded off her nose and hit the poor unsuspecting Chemistry-geek in the front row.

Oh my. Considering I already have a habit of laughing in appropriate situations, this couldn't have been a worse opportunity. About 40 minutes after everyone had stopped laughing, I was still going and still trying to choke it back - purple in the face with tears flowing, Porter just screamed "GET OOOOUUUUTTTTTT!!!!" and I didn't stop laughing for about a week.

One of my best all-time memories.
    God bless Ingsy's fish not so much blessing the Porter though *shudders as she remembers the green phlegm that used to get launched at poor unsuspecting year 7's*

ReputationRep:
    I was in America with my family and gran, and we were about to go on this old train up a mountain. The train started up and was billowing large amounts of sooty smoke into the air. My gran turns to me, chuckles, and goes "We're going to come off that looking like ni-----!"

There was about 5 seconds of stunned silence before I burst out laughing and didn't stop for about an hour. Thank god she said it in the car and not in front of other people!

Another one: this person I worked with was telling me of her trip to Magaluf and how her friend fell off a balcony, which made me laugh as my friend had done something similar. She then goes "it's not funny, he was on the 5th floor and now he's in a coma". I was quivering with laughter. I couldn't help it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgirl)
    I work in a shop and laughed at an old man who picked up a banana hammock the other week :laugh:

Old men really shouldn't wear them. *shudders*
    I just googled "banana hammock". :yucky:

I tend to find it really funny when people are arguing for some reason.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.