(Original post by Bismarck)
Are you serious? Ever heard of McCain-Feingold? McCain-Kennedy? The Climate Stewardship Act (you know, leading the way to combat global warming, instead of just talking it, unlike a certain senator from Illinois). McCain's been responsible for a decent portion of the major bills over the last decade. To compare that to Obama's non-existent achievements is ludicrous.
The 90% figure is meaningless. Most votes are procedural and voted entirely among party lines. It's the other 10% that are important. McCain opposed giving more money to oil companies (unlike Obama, who supported it). He opposed most pork spending (unlike Obama, who supported most of it). McCain is not in the pockets of the corn-based ethanol lobby, unlike Obama. So don't try to portray this as McCain being a Bush clone. If anything, Obama is more of Bush, wishing to cut taxes while increasing spending by ungodly amounts.
McCain-Feingold I’ve heard of not the rest. I’ve never studied American policy before, I’m about to do it at university. I’ve only got knowledge of parties, institutions, ideology, issues etc not policy (nitty gritty). Thanks I’m going to read up on them. I guess you didn’t like the “I’ll end our dependence on foreign oil in 10 years” line. He needs to put flesh on that. McCain is pretty much signed up to the Buch economic policy though...
I’m looking into your special interest comments. Whilst the 90% figure might be meaningless it’s not worthless. Voters are not going to look at the policy line by line, McCain won’t have the time to announce in-depth explanations like the one you’ve given. McCain have you voted with bush 90% of the time yes or no. Yes. That’s what people will remember. Whilst this is an assumption because I’ve not looked into it yet, I dare say the special interests that Obama is mixed up in are in tune with what people want (welfare etc)/ big government protection.
Taking what you said at face value, I can’t see why the McCain campaign is giving Obama such an easy ride, your message certainly isn’t getting any airtime.
Also, Obama and Biden have done 60 minutes, they’re going after Sarah Palin very aggressively, in the ways discussed. Obama on Biden “he can step in and become president." the inference being Sarah Palin is not ready to do that, McCain has bad judgement, drip... drip. http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60mi...main3415.shtml
They won’t attack her they’ll let the media do it for free, and the republicans will be on the defensive. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4400811.shtml