Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :eek: So many people with interviews already, and little ol' me without so much as an acknowledgment...

Guess they'll wait until they get the BMAT results before deciding whether we are even worth saying hi to!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to you too...I wouldn't worry at all you're grades are amazing, yeah still nothing from Imperial yet, wondering when the offers for biology are going to start coming out best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Argh, interview for Chemistry @ Imperial! I was starting to get nervous about the lack of reply.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Freyda11)
    Argh, interview for Chemistry @ Imperial! I was starting to get nervous about the lack of reply.
    Woo, congrats . Whens it for?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'm nervous + excited @ the same time, lol. It on the 3rd December, which leaves enough time to prepare.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'm nervous + excited @ the same time, lol. It on the 3rd December, which leaves enough time to prepare.
    See you there :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, congrats and good luck fellow chemist! :^_^: Can I ask when you sent your application? They've given you nice time to prepare which is really nice! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fait)
    Wow, congrats and good luck fellow chemist! :^_^: Can I ask when you sent your application? They've given you nice time to prepare which is really nice! :p:
    Thank you . I sent of my UCAS on 13th October.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Saleh F
    Course : Aeronautical
    GCSEs/equivalent: 4.5A* 3.5A 3B 1 C
    AS/equivalent subjects + grades: AAAAAB
    Predicted/actual subjects + grades: A maths A Fmaths A Physics A chemistry
    Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc): na

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybabe)
    Name - Lauren
    Course - Physcis (F303)
    GCSE's - 7 A* 4 A
    AS Levels (and grades)- Biology(A), Chemistry(B), Physics(A), Maths(A) and Further Maths(A)
    A Levels (and predicted) - Biology(A), Chemistry(B), Physics(A), Maths(A) and Further Maths(A)

Also doing AEA Maths and Extended Project Qualification on Lasers
    Imperial interview on the 27th!
    Hey, how was your interview on Monday?
    I have no idea whether I would be asked academic questions or general questions..
    My interview's on Friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebearjj)
    Hey, how was your interview on Monday?
    I have no idea whether I would be asked academic questions or general questions..
    My interview's on Friday.
    Hey i also had and interview on monday, The person who interviewed me asked me mainly ALL physics questions (i thought there wouldnt be any, thats what i had read), asked me things related to my personal statement, like questions on the books i had mentioned on my PS. Ahhh seemed more like an oxbridge interview.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by charlie123)
    Hey i also had and interview on monday, The person who interviewed me asked me mainly ALL physics questions (i thought there wouldnt be any, thats what i had read), asked me things related to my personal statement, like questions on the books i had mentioned on my PS. Ahhh seemed more like an oxbridge interview.
    Eeep, scary :eek:. How long did the interview go on for? And how 'indepth' were the questions on the books? e.g. were they just to ensure that you had read them, or did you actually have to understand + apply the concepts in them?

ReputationRep:
    the interview was about 20 mins, so not too long, but the questions were quite in depth, but the same person who interviewed me also asked some other people there no physics questions at all. Buit mine was the opposite. The person who had interviewed me hadent read the book, so i was asked to explain what the book was about (which wasent too hard!) but then i was asked quite abit about some of the physics and had to apply them.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    the interview was about 20 mins, so not too long, but the questions were quite in depth, but the same person who interviewed me also asked some other people there no physics questions at all. Buit mine was the opposite. The person who had interviewed me hadent read the book, so i was asked to explain what the book was about (which wasent too hard!) but then i was asked quite abit about some of the physics and had to apply them.
    Hrrm, intriguing. Better get swotting up on my books then . I hope they don't ask me to apply the stuff in Einstein's book, rather complicated mathematics in there :shifty: .

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the useful info!
    I better start going through my physics notes!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    Hrrm, intriguing. Better get swotting up on my books then . I hope they don't ask me to apply the stuff in Einstein's book, rather complicated mathematics in there :shifty: .
    Wow which einstein publications have you read? I was told by a cambridge professor not to touch any of it 'cos it wasn't accesible.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by MANU90)
    Wow which einstein publications have you read? I was told by a cambridge professor not to touch any of it 'cos it wasn't accesible.
    Lol, yeah its a bit odd . Just his 'Relativity: The Special and General Theory', I think some of it seems a bit oversimplified (e.g. you can tell bits are missing) bit its interesting all the same, even if some of the maths you just have to accept :yep: .

ReputationRep:
    Lol, yeah its a bit odd . Just his 'Relativity: The Special and General Theory', I think some of it seems a bit oversimplified (e.g. you can tell bits are missing) bit its interesting all the same, even if some of the maths you just have to accept :yep: .
    Sweet... I just finished reading 'Relativity' by Steve Sdams, which I would recommend! By the way... anyone read that article on special relativity in new scientist today? What a load of betty swollocks that was... Rotating trains... NONONONO.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by MANU90)
    Sweet... I just finished reading 'Relativity' by Steve Sdams, which I would recommend! By the way... anyone read that article on special relativity in new scientist today? What a load of betty swollocks that was... Rotating trains... NONONONO.
    New scientist the magazine? Or on the webpage? I got one at the beginning of this week, mostly about cancer or something, didn't see anything about relativity in there. :confused:

edit: Aha, I see a picture of it on the webpage, odd, wonder what mine was that I got then .

Why Einstein was wrong about relativity? Oh dear :p:

ReputationRep:
    New scientist the magazine? Or on the webpage? I got one at the beginning of this week, mostly about cancer or something, didn't see anything about relativity in there. :confused:
    The magazine out today. It was a big dramatic cover story on how special relativity isn't special. and then 3 pages of waffle on the matter

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 26, 2010
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.