Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serrellen)
    Went to MMU and then tried to act as if she was intellectually superior.
    Really? For merely questioning the OP's proposition and patiently, albeit yet to, receive a response to my points?

I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    who said she isn't? which uni you go to isn't everything you know.

and from the posts the OP has been making, it isn't hard to act intellectually superior tbh.

what i like, is that you think you are superior to all of us. why is that?
    1) Which uni you go to is usually a pretty good assessment of your intelligence.
    2) From the unis he's applying to, it IS hard to act intellectually superior.
    3) I don't think I'm necessarily superior as a person. Just intellectually superior to that MMU girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Really? For merely questioning the OP's proposition and patiently, albeit yet to, receive a response to my points?

I don't think so.
    What points? Someone back me up, has there been many points put forward from Manchester Met girl?

ReputationRep:
    And for "different", substitute "of different abilities".
    Definition of abilties - competence in an activity or occupation because of one's skill, training, or other qualification.

Stop wishing it was so narrow.

http://www.legalweek.com/Navigation/...the+crowd.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poossum)
    What points? Someone back me up, has there been many points put forward from Manchester Met girl?
    This is true.

ReputationRep:
    Definition of abilties - competence in an activity or occupation because of one's skill, training, or other qualification.

Stop wishing it was so narrow.
    If MMU could supply you with such glowing "skills", why on earth are people still applying to Oxbridge?!

ReputationRep:
    From Man Met girls degree article:

The degree result is much more important than A-levels,

So result surely must encompass institution? O dear.

ReputationRep:
    The firms culture? What some are good and some are bad? Some make money and can afford to recruit Oxbridge Grads? Others can't.
    As in how a person as a whole fits into the ethos and culture of the firm. You are looking at this from a one-dimensional view, which is obviously restricting your sensible reading of quotes.

ReputationRep:
    This link has a touch of the social engineering about it, too. "Let other people have a go", type thing.

ReputationRep:
    This is true.
    No it isn't. She made a point about companies frequently breaching competition laws and that the OP had simply said 'ur rong read economics' instead of actually explaining what was wrong with a statement, back when the OP was going on about economics to try save his rapidly sinking argument.

ReputationRep:
    From Man Met girls degree article:

The degree result is much more important than A-levels,

So result surely must encompass institution? O dear.
    Results matter more. I don't want to sound arrogant, but you're trying my patience with your ignorance. Trust me, I know more about this one than you do.

ReputationRep:
    If MMU could supply you with such glowing "skills", why on earth are people still applying to Oxbridge?!
    For god's sake, univeristy isn't everything. I've not sat on my arse expecting the uni to give me a glowing app, and neither should an Oxbridge student.

ReputationRep:
    1) Which uni you go to is usually a pretty good assessment of your intelligence.
    2) From the unis he's applying to, it IS hard to act intellectually superior.
    3) I don't think I'm necessarily superior as a person. Just intellectually superior to that MMU girl.
    1) not always. and i think it's horrible when people pick on others because of the uni they are applying for/go to.
    2) :|
    3) I'm at Essex uni. are you superior to me as well then?

and OP, you won't notice any points because neither of you have payed the slightest bit of attention to what she has actually been contributing to your thread. you were too busy tearing her apart coz you think you are better than her.

ReputationRep:
    Results matter more. I don't want to sound arrogant, but you're trying my patience with your ignorance. Trust me, I know more about this one than you do.
    You do exhibit some (rather misplaced) arrogance, yes.

ReputationRep:
    You do exhibit some (rather misplaced) arrogance, yes.
    Less so than you. Your university sprout is based on hearsay and other elitist students; I, however, have a more informed decision from my prospective employers.

ReputationRep:
    Less so than you.
    At least mine has some decent foundations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    1) not always. and i think it's horrible when people pick on others because of the uni they are applying for/go to.
    2) :|
    3) I'm at Essex uni. are you superior to me as well then?

and OP, you won't notice any points because neither of you have payed the slightest bit of attention to what she has actually been contributing to your thread. you were too busy tearing her apart coz you think you are better than her.
    I wouldn't have "picked on her" if she hadn't been making such an idiot of herself.

ReputationRep:
    Well my aunt, who is a barrister, said she has never seen a successful person in the law profession who went to an ex-poly.

ReputationRep:
    STD's will always be a problem in liberal western cultures. Womens freedom is desirable up to a point but does pose these sorts of issues.

ReputationRep:
    Well my aunt, who is a barrister, said she has never seen a successful person in the law profession who went to an ex-poly.
    One person. Over how many people I have talked to?

And if you actually read my posts, I never once said I wanted to be a barrister.
    I will readily admit that that is still an old-boy's system that is less susceptible to opening up, unlike firms, which have more business incentives for being diverse.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.